Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

So I've been following for a while but I've never posted... I wasn't sure how I felt about this theme... I love space and I love castle, and this is neither. But it's like space meets castle with like a steam punk twist (or space punk).  Anyway I'm starting to completely love everything about it.

so does anybody think there's a chance of getting a Merlok 2.0 figure in complete trans-orange?

1 hour ago, MEMTJEGO said:

So I've been following for a while but I've never posted... I wasn't sure how I felt about this theme... I love space and I love castle, and this is neither. But it's like space meets castle with like a steam punk twist (or space punk).  Anyway I'm starting to completely love everything about it.

so does anybody think there's a chance of getting a Merlok 2.0 figure in complete trans-orange?

Probably not, since Lego can't cast a fig entirely in transparent colors. Polycarbonate parts bind to each other chemically and the result is that a fig cast entirely in that color would have far too much friction on its joints (whereas just having transparent arms or legs is fine, because then the only connections are between ABS and polycarbonate).

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Probably not, since Lego can't cast a fig entirely in transparent colors. Polycarbonate parts bind to each other chemically and the result is that a fig cast entirely in that color would have far too much friction on its joints (whereas just having transparent arms or legs is fine, because then the only connections are between ABS and polycarbonate).

Maybe a Merlock minifigure who's only partially transparent orange and the rest is flame yellowish orange. (Keetorange)

Some of the set´s have arrived at shops in Denmark. Only had my crappy phone to take some pictures, and had to rush it on top of that.

31503094732_1ec4ec1d1c_c.jpg

30839344263_1f81d5c901_c.jpg

31612619796_3e95b914e6_c.jpg

31503091432_770f9cb149_c.jpg

31649317155_f4b197d16d_c.jpg

31649315565_94410b5ab3_c.jpg

30807926334_3c4209888b_c.jpg

LEGO started uploading TV ads for the new sets to YouTube for Denmark and other Scandinavian countries, so it could be that the official release of those sets over there is imminent.

Jestro's Headquarters TVC:

Clay's Falcon vs. Three Brothers TVC:

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

You lucky son of a blok. Please tell me you bought them and are going to review them.

Most of the sets are out at my local Target (Redmond, Washington) along with other themes! Going to head out to get them later...

23 hours ago, legozebra said:

Most of the sets are out at my local Target (Redmond, Washington) along with other themes! Going to head out to get them later...

Can you list the prices of the sets you see? :classic:

Strangely enough after seeing this video I am not very enthusiastic over Clay's Falcon Blaster. 

My local Target had a sign that said Lance's  vehicle is as available online but I have not been able to find it. 

Edited by OC_Architect

1 hour ago, OC_Architect said:

Strangely enough after seeing this video I am not very enthusiastic over Clay's Falcon Blaster. 

My local Target had a sign that said Lance's  vehicle is as available online but I have not been able to find it. 

You have to ask a Target employee to get it from the back room.

Anyways, there's a new awesome NK spread in the manual for Samurai VXL!

Manual ads

Alrighty then, I wonder how long I have to wait for the UK supermarkets to shove 'em in? The shelves are getting sparse, but Boxing Day is the big clearout.

It gives me time to count out the filled change jar anyway! (Always keep that for fresh LEGO sets!)

I did an opening video on some of the powers. I think the style of video isn't for everyone so don't let it bother you. :grin:

I found some sets in Tesco today! They had three sets and the Battle Suits. The three sets included one copy left of Ruina's Lock N Roller - which I picked up. Let me know if you'd like pics, but I'll have some reviews coming shortly.

Here is the first review which is Clay's Battle Suit - really enjoyed this set. £8.

Edited by ReZourceman

Arity, I will be getting to that Tesco place soon! I have two to choose from and a Sunday morning free....

17 minutes ago, LegoRomania said:

The Book of Monstrox or Monstrux.

Isn't he a cloud now? :wacko:

I wonder if there will be new monster factions that we'll never get in this one, too. :hmpf_bad:

5 hours ago, just2good said:

I did an opening video on some of the powers. I think the style of video isn't for everyone so don't let it bother you. :grin:

Uh, just2good, those "displays" are actually the mega shields from the battle suits, as shown in Rezourceman's reviews:

4 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

I found some sets in Tesco today! They had three sets and the Battle Suits. The three sets included one copy left of Ruina's Lock N Roller - which I picked up. Let me know if you'd like pics, but I'll have some reviews coming shortly.Here is the first review which is Clay's Battle Suit - really enjoyed this set. £8.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Aaaand here's the Aaron's Battle Suit review.

Spoiler

I am really like these suits. Certainly plan on picking up the others.

8 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I wonder if there will be new monster factions that we'll never get in this one, too. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, that apparently happened at the end of this season.

7 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Maybe there will be sand or ice monsters .It would be fun if we would get in the summer an wave like Monster Breackout! XD Were we have a lot of those factions.Sadly,this will be just a dream.