Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

36 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Yeah, I agree on this.

I have to admit that I probably set my expectations for those mechs higher than I should, but that is probably my brain's reaction to the LEGO's decision to axe both Bionicle G2 and Mixels (the latter arguably hit me harder since I discovered my love for building poseable brick-build figures). I mean, I have to get new sweet constraction parts somehow.

Then again, the mechs do have a decent amount of new and nice pieces, so it's still pretty good.

On that note, where are the pictures of the mechs combining with other sets? I can't find them...

Brickset still has them i think, just look on backside pics the vehicles

...huh. The exo-suits are surprisingly interesting. I'm not sure what I ws expecting per se, but I rather like how they've differentiated very similar builds.

Alrighty, finally getting around to my opinion on the new sets:

The Battle suits are simplistic, yet stylish. I like how they include five powers now instead of three. I also love how each is detailed for each specific knight, and their battle needs (i.e. Lance has roller skates so the bot can lunge at jousting speed/Axl has control accomadations). The Nexo-Combo-Power sheild is pretty cool too. It, however, bothers me to no end that Axl has his normal arms instead of his Ultimate ones (to match his torso).

Price guess: $10 ea.

The King's Guard Artillery, in my opinion is the best of these sized sets we've gotten from Nexo Knights so far. It has a much more appealing appearance compared to the Knighton Battle Blaster. The completely orange shoulder armor is also not too shabby.

Price guess: $10

Lance's Twin Jouster is wonderfully sleek. The orange accents are much stronger, and look very nice on this set particularly. The new drill pieces are also really cool. The big appeal of this set, though, is the detactchable vehicle. Not only is it complete looking when detached, along with a spot for Dennis (the Squire Bot, for those who don't watch the show), it also has an exemplary feature which I will discuss in my summary (spoiler alert: I'm overjoyed)

Price guess: $20

Ruina's Lock & Roller... three words: Battle Queen Halbert. They heard our cries! I'm so happy. I do find it weird that the Queen doesn't have a crown, though. Ruina is pretty neat (is that recolored Bellatrix hair)? The set itself though is a bit to be desired. The features are 'meh' although I do get some nice Battle Wagon vibes from it. Also, what's the deal with another Aaron-saves-the-Queen set? Those spear pieces on his bow are neat.

Price guess: $20

And the most confusing set name award goes to... The Three Brothers. People who don't get the concept of the vehicles are probably curious where this supposed "third brother" is? I assume its the car, what with the eyes and mouth. The villain minifigs are cool though, but again the set suffers from being a bit too generic with its play features. I'm also really sad that Axl's arms were not remolded to match the new should pad style the other nights have. On the positive side though, this is a cheap set with an ordinary-colored Axl.

Price guess $30

What happens when you give your flying vehicle a bird motif? A potential set-of-the-year, that's what. I'm not all to excited about reusing the same Mixel scale of larger sized monsters from 2016, but the fact that it has wings and is a sand blue color makes it all the better. Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster (unnecessary Blaster) is awesome. It uses the oversized claymore piece from Clay's Battle Mech, and the fact that they fold out in some sort of transformation makes it all the better. This set also features a detachable vehicle, and will also be discussed in the summary.

Price guess: $50

Jestro's Headquarters? What happened to the MoMoMo (Monsterous Monster Mobile)!?! Does Lego think we can't handle cheeky names here in the English speaking countries? Anyhoo, this set is on drugs. I mean it's alive and look at those eyes... oh deary. I was not expecting Worriz' Combat Lair, and Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper to have a baby so soon, and unfortunately that comes with mixed results. The minifigures are definitely the main drive here, as Jestro, and Monstrux are must haves. This is also the only set to have normal armor Macy, which is a shame at its size/potential price point. Very disappointed that Ava has gone without an update. The box doesn't even show her distressed face (which she, most likely, is still using). Macy's mini Thunder Driller is pretty cool though.

Price guess $100

Lance vs. Lightning has a very uncreative name, and is merely a means of getting another Mixel scale monster out. Don't get me wrong here, though. That horse is pretty neat, but that's the only real cool thing about the set itself (aside from the minifigs).

Price guess: $20 (if this is another $25 exclusive, Lego, so help me).

I'm very happy with the outcome of the Stone monsters (being that they are also Lightning monsters as well). It also appears that each Knight is getting a driller vehicle, and an animal vehicle based on their coat-of-arms. I really like that concept, as it really opens the door for cool designs.

What I like the most is the idea that the detachable vehicles combine with the Battle Suits!!! I've been waiting for combiner Lego sets for some time, and I'm beyond thrilled that we're finally getting something in that vein. I'm really excited to see what we'll get for the other three Knights.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nexo Knights but I think these sets are good and I really like the battle suits

On 16.11.2016 at 0:32 AM, bacem said:

Brickset still has them i think, just look on backside pics the vehicles

Thanks for the hint!

The combining feature is a nice touch, though I don't think it will really encourage me to get any of the larger sets just for that - though that doesn't mean I dislike the larger sets, overall I like the look of this wave more than that of the first year, mostly because the bad guys look visually more appealing to me. I also really like both of Lance's sets, and I'm pondering to get one of them (though I'm not sure which one).

On that note, a question that may seem weird, but how wide is Lance's visor compared to Clay's? I'm mostly asking this because Lance's visor might be useful for a MOC of mine, but only if it's slightly thinner as Clay's visor, since that turned out to be too big (the space in question is a mere 2 studs big, in case you're wondering).

Also, I have a semi-related question, my apologies if that is not the right place to ask: Is there any differences in the quality of the plastic used in the exclusive sets that come with the Nexo Knights Magazine? I'm asking this mostly because I've heard the Star Wars Minifig Magnets (the ones that weren't glued to their magnetic bricks back then) were not as good as the regular ones apparently due to being made in China, so I'm wondering if that may also apply to the sets in those mags.
Should this not be the right place for this question, feel free to direct me to where I could get an answer, and thanks in advance.

Thanks for the feedback. I already expected that there wouldn't be any issues, but it's nice to get a confirmation on this. :wink:

70372: Combo Nexo Powers 

70372-1.jpg?201611180733

It appeared in the Brickset database yesterday, I think. The combo shield is one piece, as I expected. Nevertheless, I think it could be be really useful for sci-fi builds! :classic:

That's a good idea. It could be really useful for spaceships and the like.

Perhaps I can even utilize it in a Transformer MOC, alongside with the other parts the mechs offer.

10 hours ago, Exetrius said:

70372-1.jpg?201611180733

It appeared in the Brickset database yesterday, I think. The combo shield is one piece, as I expected. Nevertheless, I think it could be be really useful for sci-fi builds! :classic:

Nice! Mask packs - but for Nexo powers? Should be fun!

Also, new teaser for 2017!

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/nexoknights/-/media/franchises/nexoknights/home/2016/2016 2hy/november/home_nov_reqruiment_mainstage.jpg?l.r2=-1155500151

Edited by legozebra

Expect a long wait for summer set lists / news...... CM4Sci is banned :sceptic: 

I didn't see anything ban-worthy in his recent posts but I have no ground to stand on in this so I won't comment on it. He always seemed like a cool dude to me. 

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Cool stuff. Hopefully those powers aren't retreads of old ones and with only nine pieces these packs shouldn't be more than a couple bucks each. 

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

If you look closely at the monsters you can see several guys with Ash Attacker helmets, none of which have appeared in a set so far. I expect at least one in Aaron's exclusive set.

Regarding the summer wave, does anyone think that it will just be about 4-5 more Lightning themed sets in order to make way for the Ninjago movie? 

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Expect a long wait for summer set lists / news...... CM4Sci is banned :sceptic: 

I didn't see anything ban-worthy in his recent posts but I have no ground to stand on in this so I won't comment on it. He always seemed like a cool dude to me. 

Yeah, that's really a shame. He will be missed.

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Cool stuff. Hopefully those powers aren't retreads of old ones and with only nine pieces these packs shouldn't be more than a couple bucks each. 

If you look closely at the monsters you can see several guys with Ash Attacker helmets, none of which have appeared in a set so far. I expect at least one in Aaron's exclusive set.

Agreed on both counts, although it's odd that there's only one set with a generic foot soldier type character like them, at least compared to the lava monsters wave.

So there's a new book coming, involving an orphan kid named Fletcher and Izzy Richmond.. so Lance has a sister? Not sure if its canon, if so I would like to see them in the future. On top of that, we get another look at Rogul.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/bT_4yU2kTGrSB00xk5dup0YOEkxE3LZSLoVAOc3qSEz0PTdQfM0K4rsFempG1Q5xh-74xvnFDhJPIQd_9iUrK6wI_sFso1yY0WO-sVriv2IAW2Q=w1060-h1556-p-rw

9 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

So there's a new book coming, involving an orphan kid named Fletcher and Izzy Richmond.. so Lance has a sister? Not sure if its canon, if so I would like to see them in the future. On top of that, we get another look at Rogul.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/bT_4yU2kTGrSB00xk5dup0YOEkxE3LZSLoVAOc3qSEz0PTdQfM0K4rsFempG1Q5xh-74xvnFDhJPIQd_9iUrK6wI_sFso1yY0WO-sVriv2IAW2Q=w1060-h1556-p-rw

Link isn't working for me :wink:

14 hours ago, legozebra said:

Nice! Mask packs - but for Nexo powers? Should be fun.

Yeah! It will be fun.

Edited by LegoRomania

On 11/19/2016 at 8:27 AM, Exetrius said:

Agreed, my first impulse upon seeing it by itself was thinking it would be a good piece for the feet of walkers. I'm kind of surprised that the Nexo Powers attach by four studs each rather than by a single stud like on the normal-size shields, but that might make it more useful as a building element since you'll be able to attach things more securely to the space where the powers normally go.

4 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Hopefully we get a Knight's Academy set one day, and it's interesting that Lance has a sister that we somehow didn't see in the first two seasons. Rogul looks amazing as always.

Edited by BrickJagger

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

Does anyone know if these sets are December or January releases, really hoping for December.

Perhaps neither. The Batman Movie is getting a huge January release so it's possible that either NK or Ninjago gets moved to March.

11 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

Does anyone know if these sets are December or January releases, really hoping for December.

Dutch retailers are saying "soon" and "december 2016". But even if that's true, it might not be the same in other regions.