Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The exclusive set is a great surprise. Now I don't have to get Clay's set for a golem and I love the mini robo-horse Lance is riding. :thumbup:

Can't say I am overly excited with the action sets. Still are not appealing all that much to me. Still look unfinished and not as well thought out. 

I will say the rest of the line looks really good. Looks like plent of action features for the sets and I do like the over exaggeration of the monster vehicles. Ruina's still looks like something out of the Munsters and in a good way. Villains all look really cool as well and am intrigued by the Three Brothers sets and characters. 

The retailer exclusive a bit disappointed in. The monster appears to be a recolored version of Sparx and Lance's vehicle isn't all that great but overall am really liking these sets. 

Really excited about these new sets! A lot of cool new parts and I am really liking that Twin Jouster and Ruina's Lock and Roller really going to have to get those two and the Kings Guard Artillery looks to be a nice small set as well. Not sure I'm a fan of those action sets though, I would like to see the prints on the knights in those just to see how they differ from the other ones. But they do look to have some nice pieces here and there. Also that I was really looking forward to see if the falcon fighter would really have that new canopy piece like in the prelims and it does not disappoint, hopefully they get that in some other sets some time.

3 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Stone Stomper looks like he might be a fairly useful minifigure.

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

Transparent head Jestro is neat. The sets are.. decent. 

This just looks.. not great, though. 

Yeah, that looks like Nexo Knights.

49 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ohhh the exclusive looks really cool

Here are the pics

I look forward to seeing the lightning bolts and Gargoyle wings used in a new Castle theme in the future.

45 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Noticed this new piece! Of course there are plenty more like the 2x2 angled wedge plate but this one is also nice!  

Those pieces look nice.  I believe they will also be in the new modular building.  It looks like there are new parts on the legs as well.  But I'm mostly excited about the visors, of course.

Glad to see the official pics. Plenty of cool new parts. The colors still aren't doing it for me though. I expect to buy the two small Lance sets and Ruina's set and probably just BL some figs and parts. I don't expect my stone / lightning faction to be more than 1/3 of the size of my lava army. 

3 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Noticed this new piece! Of course there are plenty more like the 2x2 angled wedge plate but this one is also nice! 

ZN6wYqe.png 

Interesting. that piece has been around on kreo sets for a long time, so i hope hasbro won't use this opportunity against lego.

These look awesome! The villains are the highlight for me yet again this year, though queen Halbert in her gold armour is great too :) 

Lots of interesting pieces and the villains are supergenius once again. Brickster is so cool. I also love the colours they went for. No interest in the hero stuff, but those baddies! 

Just need to find the last four sets Im missing, then I can buy them all these from the new wave when they come out. Nexo Knights has to be one of my current favourite themes.

What happened to the brickster, thats a fate worse than death. Next thing were going to find minions called sam sinister and Baron von Baron :tongue:

Still not sold on the monster vehicles and It's parts for this year/wave. The concept is nice though. It's cool that the wheels on Jestro's Evil Mobile are a new rocky like kind, instead of just grey versions of the Power Miners wheels. Could be useful for rocky outposts for Castle. Nexo Knights vehicles on the other hand are more interesting to me, but Lance's Jet looks kind of unfinished for my taste despite having cool parts. I have to see It for real and in reviews to decide on getting his jet or getting some loose parts.

I hoped Axl would also get an armor upgrade like the other knights. The visors (especially those of Lance and Clay) will work just well for my Space/Ice Planet needs, just like all the other trans. neon orange parts from NK before. The Action sets are okay with some nice uncommen parts, maybe I'll get at least one of them.

PS: why doesn't Queen Halbert come at least with a halbert instead of a variation of Macy's mace?

Edited by Orange Leader
Noticed something else

I'm really liking these new sets, and there's definitely a lot of new pieces there that I'm sure I want lots of. Rogul's new leg piece is very ingenious, I hope we get that piece in more earthy colours as that would be perfect for figures of rock spirits and elementals. I'm especially liking the retail exclusive set, Lance's horse in that set is just so much better than the unwieldy Mecha Horse he got this year. Plus it looks like it'll be cheap (I'd be shocked if this cost more than sets like Infernox Captures the Queen) and it's full of the new parts from the gargoyle wings to the lighining bolts, always a plus. In fact, the only thing I'm disappointed with is the Nexo Powers, I thought they would all be new designs but some of them are simply recycled from this year's sets.

Here's a point though: has anyone noticed that the golem in Clay's Falcon has the exact same name as the golem in Lance vs Lightning? They're both called out as Grimroc on the box despite looking completely different. Surely this would be a mistake, unless the big golems are collectively known as "the Grimroc"?

I like the new stone wing pieces.

Also. I appreciate that Ruina is an ugly female villain. It's not that I don't like women, it's just that so often, they're played for needless fanservice, and since NK has given us that already. it's nice to see this modest stone-crone. 

Jestro=vampire? Not so sure about that. He was honestly more disturbing in Round One. 

Good guys vehicles are very similar to 2016 sets, bud monsters look fantastic! I really like gargoyle minifigure and 2 buildable monsters who look like lightning versions of Sparx and Burnzie. As for Jestros new look I still don't get why Lego wants to make him a villain again. Overall sets are good, but not great, monsters really sell me on those sets.

Well, I think most of us can agree that Lance vs lightning is the best set of this wave! Sure, their are some good elements from each set, but nothing beats that better looking mecha horse. Overall, the minifigures are amazing. I'm really digging the lighting monsters.

I really liked nexo knights so far, but these new sets are extreem childish, even from a lego perspective.

So no i don't like this wave. On the positive saves me money.

These look pretty cool, and I love those mini-drill pieces. those are new right? I don't recall ever seeing them.

But I'm mostly interested in the Battle Suits, which look superb. It's going to be fun making some of my own mechs. I already have some ideas for a big astronaut space suit coming from Lance's battle suit.

2 hours ago, firefox said:

I really liked nexo knights so far, but these new sets are extreem childish, even from a lego perspective.

So no i don't like this wave. On the positive saves me money.

How is this any more childish than the 2016 sets?

6 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

Well, I think most of us can agree that Lance vs lightning is the best set of this wave! Sure, their are some good elements from each set, but nothing beats that better looking mecha horse. Overall, the minifigures are amazing. I'm really digging the lighting monsters.

I don't know if I would agree with that. For me the Lance vs. Lightening is one of the weaker sets. My favorites are the Three Brothers and Ruina's Lock and Roller.

Also, does it seem like the size of the sets are pretty small as well? From a cost standpoint with the exception of the Jestro's Headquarters they all look like they are going to be readily accessible from a price standpoint.

3 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I love how they combine some of the sets! Very cool stuff, most sets are better than i thought.

It makes me want to see the summer sets sooner though seeing how both Clay and Lance's vehicles have parts that combine with the action sets to make a much more complete looking mech, and what Macy, Arron, and Axl's sets will bring to the table for combining to.

3 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I love how they combine some of the sets! Very cool stuff, most sets are better than i thought.

I hadn't but even noticed that. That is pretty neat. 

Rogul will be one of the best 2017 minifigures (along with the new Harley Quinn) 

But I wonder if Rogul is a male or a female

:grin: