Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

11 minutes ago, x105Black said:

That's pretty cool, actually.

Yeah! I knew we'd get her at some point.

Some of the names of the villains are Stone Rammer, Roog, Reex.. the rest are just Gargoyle and other jumbled junk I can't read. The corrupted powers are also called Forbidden Powers.

27 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Yeah! I knew we'd get her at some point.

Some of the names of the villains are Stone Rammer, Roog, Reex.. the rest are just Gargoyle and other jumbled junk I can't read. The corrupted powers are also called Forbidden Powers.

Thanks Sci. Can you list which figs (That you can see) are in each set? Also, exclusives?

I wonder, why there are only 6 sets in the 1H of 2017. I thought Nexo is a popular theme, isn't it? Why LEGO makes fewer sets this time? 

On 26.09.2016 at 3:56 PM, BrickJagger said:
  •  
1 hour ago, Ookami said:

I wonder, why there are only 6 sets in the 1H of 2017. I thought Nexo is a popular theme, isn't it? Why LEGO makes fewer sets this time? 

Maybe the summer wave will be bigger.I'm curious if they will be new enemies.I hope for sea monsters.

1 hour ago, Ookami said:

LEGO wants everyone to buy The LEGO Batman sets.

4 hours ago, Ookami said:

It may not be as popular as people in here want it to be.  It doesn't seem to be that popular in my area, although that's purely anecdotal.  In their annual report, they didn't make any indications that this theme was an exceptional performer, just that it was doing well.

7 hours ago, Ookami said:

We've talked about this already, it's because: 

5 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

LEGO wants everyone to buy The LEGO Batman sets.

At least, that's what we thought was the reason. :classic:

Yeah i can imagine. I was just saying, not pointing fingers or anything like that. It's all good.

Edited by NotMegalodon

16 hours ago, Ookami said:

Your answer is the Lego Batman/Ninjago Movies.

In 2014 Chima suffered from both Ninjago Rebooted and The Lego Movie. As a result sets like Spinlyn's Cavern and Lavertus' Outland base are less than substantial. The wave featured only 5 base sets (with 2 exclusives), 5 Speedorz, and 5 Legend Beasts.

Seeing as Nexo Knights doesn't have a high-manufacturing-cost supplementary series on its side (a la Speedorz), 6 sets, 5 "Ultimates" and a blind-bag series aren't half bad. Keep in mind that there is potential for store exclusive sets as well.

Of course this also effects Ninjago as it only has 6 sets, without the additional blister sets at its side. Again, we need to keep exclusives in mind with that one, and the Ninjago movie will help remedy the potential lack of Ninjago sets earlier in the year.

I'm not sure that the movies are the whole story.  While I believe Nexo Knights is showing a satisfactory performance, I don't think it's as popular as LEGO and Big Bang fans were hoping.

But perhaps this is a discussion for another topic?  Something about the perceived success or failure of the Nexo Knights theme?

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'm not sure that the movies are the whole story.  While I believe Nexo Knights is showing a satisfactory performance, I don't think it's as popular as LEGO and Big Bang fans were hoping.

But perhaps this is a discussion for another topic?  Something about the perceived success or failure of the Nexo Knights theme?

After a good 10 years being an action/big bang theme devotee, it appears (at least from my perspective) that all in-house non-evergreen themes share a money pool (unless they're something out of the ordinary like buildable figures). If Nexo Knights is gonna get a huge wave to promote it (Winter 2016's wave) other action themes will be lacking in set count (not quality mind you, i.e. Ninjago's Spring 2016 wave). Since TLBM and TLNM are technically in-house (the former is a license, but a project entirely headed by Lego) by this theory of mine would explain the 6 sets per wave we're seeing with Ninjago (Winter/Spring? 2017) and Nexo Knights (Winter/Spring? 2017).

EDIT: It should also be said that the budget for these in-house themes would be increased with a movie on the way. It's an increase, but it won't pay for the product of the sets alone, hence dipping into the other theme's money.

But that's just a theory on my part.

Edited by Penkid11
Clarity

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

After a good 10 years being an action/big bang theme devotee, it appears (at least from my perspective) that all in-house non-evergreen themes share a money pool (unless they're something out of the ordinary like buildable figures). If Nexo Knights is gonna get a huge wave to promote it (Winter 2016's wave) other action themes will be lacking in set count (not quality mind you, i.e. Ninjago's Spring 2016 wave). Since TLBM and TLNM are technically in-house (the former is a license, but a project entirely headed by Lego) by this theory of mine would explain the 6 sets per wave we're seeing with Ninjago (Winter/Spring? 2017) and Nexo Knights (Winter/Spring? 2017).

EDIT: It should also be said that the budget for these in-house themes would be increased with a movie on the way. It's an increase, but it won't pay for the product of the sets alone, hence dipping into the other theme's money.

But that's just a theory on my part.

That's a fair theory, and it makes sense in a historical context.

As far as the health of the line only Lego can give accurate information as to if Nexo Knights is performing to their standards or not. From a personal perspective I certainly think it is fun and my son really likes it and the characters. It is fun to hear say 'the Book of Monsters' in his best Jestro voice. 

The only other perspective I can give is from what i see around town and to give a little background at least I live in a pretty heavily populated area. I have three Target stores that are all about 15 minutes from my home, two TRU's equal distance, three Lego stores, and Legoland is about an hour away so plenty of buying opportunities. 

From what I see the kids are really excited about Nexo's. I hear them talking to their parents about it and picking up stuff in the stores. I see plenty of kids at Legoland dressing up in some of the knight gear they sell there and lots of interest for the toys which is pretty substantial because Ninjago has a ride and is marketed pretty heavily at the park while Nexo Knights has no ride and most employees there really don't know what it is. The 4dmovie there is also well received but again it is not really advertised that much particularly in relations to the 4d Lego Movie. 

All to say day I think the theme is probably doing pretty well. Is it performing to Lego's expectations? Only Lego knows. In the meantime I will just enjoy it and enjoy it with my son for as long as I can. 

Edited by OC_Architect

1 hour ago, LegoRomania said:

The new Club magazine number will come this month,right?

We can expect some teaser's,maybe even an poster like last year!

The next Club Magazine will in hit as early as November if not sooner.

That of course depends on if there will be anything to reveal by then.

I would love to see Nexo Knights in Dimensions but am fine with waiting for it to happen so it can have a more built up world and variety in its adventure world and would hope that's the reason it was not included in year two.

9 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I'm kind of suprised there's no Nexo Knights for Dimensions (yet). Other than that, i think the theme is doing fine.

I would assume that they haven't yet as:

1) Dimensions began before Nexo Knights was revealed

2) Designing packs for Nexo Knights for Year 2 (back in 2015) would have been a case where the designers would be assuming Nexo Knights' popularity before the theme was even released.

It is quite popular, by the looks of everything on the internet at least. So seeing them in Year 3 certainly isn't out of the question.

I hope nexo knights stays somewhat popular with kids these days, it's pretty neat to see two vastly different concepts smashed together. I'm hoping it's a trendsetter, and we get underwater cowboys. Or space vampires.

29 minutes ago, lesbohemian said:

I hope nexo knights stays somewhat popular with kids these days, it's pretty neat to see two vastly different concepts smashed together. I'm hoping it's a trendsetter, and we get underwater cowboys. Or space vampires.

All for it, to be honest. It was only going to be a matter of time before people started getting on Lego for being too generic and repetitive. 

On 10/29/2016 at 1:58 PM, NotMegalodon said:

I'm kind of suprised there's no Nexo Knights for Dimensions (yet). Other than that, i think the theme is doing fine.

Pffft, you say that like Dimensions is anything more than License Bait.