Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Looks like more great looking bad guys and could really fit in well with fantasy settings

Ooohh... EPIC!! I saw the prelims already, but still, this is getting me really excited! :excited: I am curious how the new armour will look and if its all going to be purple (I hope it will come in more neutral colours as well).

So it seems the villains will really be storm monsters rather than rock monsters. Maybe the gray color of the sets/figs is meant to represent storm clouds rather than rock/stone. 

24 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

So it seems the villains will really be storm monsters rather than rock monsters. Maybe the gray color of the sets/figs is meant to represent storm clouds rather than rock/stone. 

Guess the show models won't look good, then.. 

I play the app, but didn't get these spoilers, i guess because i'm already in lavaland? Dunno, gonna check the app again.

Anyway, it confirms lightning AND rock monsters! Also, spiked scurriers look cool. BUT, remember, there were quite some monsters in the app, that never made it to the retail sets.

55 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

The images seem to refer to them as both. One mentions the rock monsters specifically.

19 hours ago, legozebra said:

The app has a new teaser for 2017, and confirms lightning monsters.

Nexo Knights 2017 in-game teaserNexo Knights 2017 in-game teaserNexo Knights 2017 in-game teaser

Thanks for the heads up and posting the image. Just updated Merlok 2.0 and already see some new monster types.

Yes, the lightening monsters sound a bit more fun than just rock monsters and the image looks really cool - can't wait to see these in all their glory with better pics. I think somebody else may have said it but perhaps the lightening creatures awake the rock monsters making them 'dumb' servants to the lightening creatures. Perhaps also we will continue to see some of the original monsters like Moltor since he is lava (liquefied rock) but in a more 'ultimate' version of him with power upgrades from the lightening monsters.

Getting more excited for this new wave. 

Hey to anyone who got a glimpse of the Action sets. I have do ask. Do they use the hand and waist pieces that are shown in the Lego Batman Movie Mr. Freeze set?

44 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Hey to anyone who got a glimpse of the Action sets. I have do ask. Do they use the hand and waist pieces that are shown in the Lego Batman Movie Mr. Freeze set?

Sadly, they don't. On the prelims, the regular Bionicle hands are used

56 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Sadly, they don't. On the prelims, the regular Bionicle hands are used

Well they are prelims. Maybe they'll change to the new hands on the final versions. After all in the first prelims the Knights were using blue Minfigure hero factory armor. It doesn't seem like Lego to use that new part in only one set and the Action sets sound perfect for it.

On 20/9/2016 at 10:54 AM, ArmstrongYong said:

Just saw CM4Sci's drawing on Brickpicker yesterday. Clay's jet looks.... pretty weird for me. And the colors is pretty weird and too extreme for me. Still need to see the real pictures to judge the sets properly.

Well, maybe they wanna revise the weird arm designs in all Action's, so they could fit perfect with the TLBM arm piece, and redesign the legs/feet.

If they are all good. I would buy them all.

16 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Well they are prelims. Maybe they'll change to the new hands on the final versions. After all in the first prelims the Knights were using blue Minfigure hero factory armor. It doesn't seem like Lego to use that new part in only one set and the Action sets sound perfect for it.

I'm also all hyped for that new hand parts, however, unless they revised the whole arm and weapon design compares to the ones in prelim, i don't think that they will use the new hand parts, since the connection points are diffently shaped compared to bionicle hands used on the prelims. Bionicle arm connects using balljoints socket, and holding the weapon with axle holes, while the new hands connects using technic pinholes, and hold the weapons using stickholes

I'm sorry to ask this, but since I have the bad habit to only check in on the action forum rather infrequently, I'm a bit behind, so...

Are there any official pictures of the 2017 sets yet? Or are the only leaks on the net yet?

Also, those new hands that Mr. Freeze comes with look neat. I'd love to get them in more colors!

Just now, ZORK64 said:

I'm sorry to ask this, but since I have the bad habit to only check in on the action forum rather infrequently, I'm a bit behind, so...

Are there any official pictures of the 2017 sets yet? Or are the only leaks on the net yet?

Also, those new hands that Mr. Freeze comes with look neat. I'd love to get them in more colors!

No official pics yet. The only 2017 themes we've seen official pics from so far are DC Super Hero Girls and The Lego Batman Movie (as well as the new modular building).

I wonder why they didn't reuse the Gargoyle's hairpiece on this one.... is pretty much the same thing and it looks like a rock. 

Looks good anyway

That's droolworthy. Although I wish the headpiece was printed with blue so that it wasn't just a solid mass of purple.

I really like new monsters  look, especially headpiece. But are we sure they are stone monsters? This minifigure looks more like lighting/crystal hybrid tbh.

Edited by benderisgreat

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder why they didn't reuse the Gargoyle's hairpiece on this one.... is pretty much the same thing and it looks like a rock. 

Looks good anyway

Yeah I didn't expect a new piece, it looked like the Gargoyle for me.

New pieces are always appreciated! The ones we're getting with these new villains are so cool. It's almost like each one gets a new piece.

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I really like new monsters  look, especially headpiece. But are we sure they are stone monsters? This minifigure looks more like lighting/crystal hybrid tbh.

Yeah, they're lightning monsters as confirmed by the app.