Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Yea, but I can't reveal them. From what I heard it's the first time Lego will do this and doesn't make any sense. 

You'll see in january ;) 

3 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I don't know if this is already mentioned or just common knowledge, but Lego will retire the entire first wave(s) of year 1 at the start of year 2. This includes the summer sets. 
It's kinda like closing the book and starting a new chapter.

Anyway this is for Europe for sure, but I would assume that they do this other markets as well.

This is one of the things I really dislike about the current TLG. I understand there are a lot of sets released these days prior to 20 years ago, where sets life for about three years before they run out of production. But a year and especially 6 months is way too soon. Last wave of Ultra Agents was probably only in the summer from what I've seen in stores. As If I blinked my eye and It was gone.

Really, while It's cool for kids these days to have many LEGO themes to choose from, I can imagine It must be even more so frustrating for them to complete a theme or get key sets on pocket money and allowance alone in such a short production run.

While it might seem like a good idea; only sell while they're hot, and when the hype wears off, stop production, so that shops only have to stock sets which fly off the shelves... It also has a big downside; second hand trade goes up. Or even worse (for LEGO), knock-off companies might step in the void. And like Orange Leader said; sad customers :cry_sad:

Found the pics. Or some of them... Don't know how many there were...

Anywho... I'm not really impressed. Luckily these are prelims, meaning they could drastically improve. I remember the leaks for the first wave of NK, and those looked super bad while the final sets looked much better. So there's still hope.

But, yeah. None of them really stand out to me. Jestro's vehicle thing catches my eye, but that may be due to its absolutely terrifying face. Also, it comes with a storm cloud. That's cute.

The thing I'm most interested in, however, are the Action sets. I don't think they look particularly good, but I imagine they'll be super fun to customize. I'm mostly looking forward to using the torso bit to make my own mechs.

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I don't know if this is already mentioned or just common knowledge, but Lego will retire the entire first wave(s) of year 1 at the start of year 2. This includes the summer sets. 
It's kinda like closing the book and starting a new chapter.

Anyway this is for Europe for sure, but I would assume that they do this other markets as well.

I would assume that Lego Stores may stop getting supply as early as that (that's been happening a lot frequently outside of Ninjago, Friends, Star Wars, and City, or at least from what I've seen).

It's not like Lego can just purge the sets off the face of the earth once 2017 hits.

20 years ago LEGO released 150 sets a year at the most. Today they make 150 Nexo sets (Okay, not really, but it feels like it.) so of course they need to retire sets to make room for the new. They can't make 1,000 2016 sets while rolling out 400 2017 sets, so things get retired. It annoys me too, a lot, but it needs to be done.

This is interesting news if true. Fortunately at this point I have pretty much every set I want from the first two waves, but I'm confused as to why something as important as The Fortrex won't get a longer shelf life. Oh well.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

..but I'm confused as to why something as important as The Fortrex won't get a longer shelf life. Oh well.

Me too. Or maybe they'll release a Fortrex 2.0 in the summer?  :grin:

Halting production of the old sets doesn't mean that they'll scrap all the stock. There just won't be new stock once it is done.

My guess is that they will still have plenty of stock, as they likely made much more than they needed.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, Kevii23 said:

Yea, but I can't reveal them. From what I heard it's the first time Lego will do this and doesn't make any sense. 

You'll see in january ;) 

That will be a bummer if they discontinue so quickly on this line particularly the summer wave which will have only been on the streets for roughly 4 months by that time. The theme seems to be selling well as a whole so not sure why they would try this with a their new hot ticket item.

I'll believe it if I see it. The new wave doesn't have enough sets to displace all the sets currently on the shelves. And it doesn't make sense to put the summer sets out for only 5 months.

7 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

That will be a bummer if they discontinue so quickly on this line particularly the summer wave which will have only been on the streets for roughly 4 months by that time. The theme seems to be selling well as a whole so not sure why they would try this with a their new hot ticket item.

Because they made enough to meet demand and have plenty left in stock and only a limited amount of space to make new product?

There have been times where the USA didn't really get sets, like the first Friends Advent Calendar and I think the Pirates one, because there were quality issues with those two sets and LEGO didn't have the time or space to make more of them.

And let's be honest, one it's a rumor so really it means nothing, but more importantly all the older Nexo sets will be 30% off comes January 5th when every retailer wants to make room for the 2017 stuff. No point is wasting the factory space making more sets that retails are trying to clear out.

Or maybe LEGO realized they don't want to have older Nexo sitting around Amazon for the next 5 years at 50% off. (Looking at you Chima.)

As much as I am looking forward to the new sets it would disappointing to see the summer wave taken off of shelves so quickly. But if they were to do this would it just be Nexo Knights or would any other themes do the same thing?

Not many big scale sets so slightly dissapointing. Jestro's monstrous monster vehicle sounds pretty cool though and I hope it to be a huge,lava themed, quad truck with four wheels. For the price, it should be covered in traps, mechanisms and contraptions, just like nexo knights usually is. I guess that "action" figs will be just be like"ultimate" figs. Space suits on the figures could be very intrusting indeed-I don't know if this will lead in to the sets being slightly space themed too! I think, we'll just have to wait and see!

Edited by The lego fan

44 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

Not many big scale sets so slightly dissapointing. Jestro's monstrous monster vehicle sounds pretty cool though and I hope it to be a huge,lava themed, quad truck with four wheels. For the price, it should be covered in traps, mechanisms and contraptions, just like nexo knights usually is. I guess that "action" figs will be just be like"ultimate" figs. Space suits on the figures could be very intrusting indeed-I don't know if this will lead in to the sets being slightly space themed too! I think, we'll just have to wait and see!

From the leaked pic of action sets that i saw, they are actually different. Rather than minifig with multiple accesorries, we get a small mech that can fit a minifig, with the body fully enclose the minifig body.

8 hours ago, bacem said:

From the leaked pic of action sets that i saw, they are actually different. Rather than minifig with multiple accesorries, we get a small mech that can fit a minifig, with the body fully enclose the minifig body.

Sounds pretty cool. Could you let me know where you found the pictures so I can check them out.

2 hours ago, The lego fan said:

Sounds pretty cool. Could you let me know where you found the pictures so I can check them out.

LEGO leak thread on reddit is were I got them, but that was several weeks ago...

59 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

LEGO leak thread on reddit is were I got them, but that was several weeks ago...

Oh, thank you. I'll look if they are still there

1 hour ago, The lego fan said:

Oh, thank you. I'll look if they are still there

Don't think they are still there, you might want to check 4chan.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

The app has a new teaser for 2017, and confirms lightning monsters.

Nexo Knights 2017 in-game teaser

Nice find! That picture gets me so excited, they look menacing. However, I need to see them in a non silhouette picture to make my final judgment.

1 hour ago, amazingbricks said:

Nice find! That picture gets me so excited, they look menacing. However, I need to see them in a non silhouette picture to make my final judgment.

Tried to clean it up/brighten it...

Retouched preview 2017

Here's another teaser:

2017 Teaser

I didn't see the spiked Scurrier in the prelims - he looks cool!

I kind of hoped Jestro wasn't actually Chima yellow, but whatever.

Looking forward to the official pictures - the figure with the hood and swirled legs looks so cool. 

Man, those teaser images look great. Makes me super excited about the new wave. I noticed that the monster that comes with the Triple Rocker appears to be Giant Troll size in this image while he was regular in the prelims. Odd. 

@legozebra Thanks for that. I had previously been squinting, it was no fun at all.

2 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

I didn't see the spiked Scurrier in the prelims - he looks cool!

I feel like there's an exclusive or two on the way, this wave is pretty small as it is. The monster with the Ash Attacker helmet also wasn't in the prelims either if I remember correctly.