Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

You know, this is a Nexo Knights discussion thread and not a place to help people use a forum? I the Information and Help Forum there is a lot of tips on how to post and share pictures. After this update, you can simply drag and drop photos you have uploaded to external picture hosts.

So, go take a look at the Help threads, some are in the new member section before you hit 10 posts, and they'll give you the information you need.

Despite my extensive searching I gave up since I didn't see anything.  Maybe I'm too late again? Whatever, back to the waiting game I guess

Edited by Boogly22238

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement for the Jet, its going to have folding wings and be fully enclosed.  I think its by far the best of the wave.  Now, we must realize that the final touches have yet to be applied, i remember the nexo prelims that were missing final details.

I've searched and I've searched, I guess I'll just join the waiting game. Reading the discussions about the prelims, the sets sound pretty good, I'm excited to see what the new Jestro looks like. Having Monstrox in 2 sets is definitely a pleasant surprise.

Anyone else feel like the Storm vehicles are actually alive? They all have faces and the Triple-Rocker appears to be functioning with no one at the controls.

The enemy vehicles do look like they are alive.  At least the larger ones do.  I can't tell if Ruina's vehicle looks that way.  

Overall, I think the 2 best sets in the wave are the 2 smallest ones.  The Knighton cannon/vehicle thing and Lance's double-lance cruiser.  The bigger sets look a bit too...goofy for my taste.  The action sets are also a bit of a disappointment.  I was hoping that the mech suits would come with some sort of a shooter in addition to the weapon/shield. Either a spring fire missile or a stud Gatling gun.  It would have been easy to mount one on the frame somewhere and wouldn't have thrown the parts count/budget out of whack.  I think the small mech bodies will be good for MOCing though. 

Also, this wave seems a bit small set count wise.  I wonder if we will get 2-3 retailer exclusives revealed later like we did last year?

17 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

The enemy vehicles do look like they are alive.  At least the larger ones do.  I can't tell if Ruina's vehicle looks that way.

It looks like some sort of scorpion 

To the people who can't find them, they are horrible pictures so you aren't missing much and the LEGO Police are busy removing them before Lepin can release the sets at a tenth the cost.

38 minutes ago, Bricknblue said:

To the people who can't find them, they are horrible pictures so you aren't missing much and the LEGO Police are busy removing them before Lepin can release the sets at a tenth the cost.

Thanks.

Yeah LEGO is taking down all the stuff. 

The villain's vehicles being alive seems to be part of the theme for Nexo Knights. Everything the lava monsters brought that was bigger than the Chaos Catapult had a face as well.

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Anyone else feel like the Storm vehicles are actually alive? They all have faces and the Triple-Rocker appears to be functioning with no one at the controls.

Yes, all of the villain vehicles have faces and are monsters.  This is true of the lava monsters as well.

Just saw the preliminaries, there pretty meh I guess. Strangely the highlight for me is the MoMoMo and the Triple Rocker, I guess I've grown to like the face motifs. I can't see the minifigure printing yet to judge, because currently the Knights just look like last year's with a rock candy visor, although I doubt that they'll remain the same in the final pictures. I feel like the amount of sets in each wave is declining, but if they're high quality then I don't really care. Overall the villains are the highlight once again.

I was very disappointed in the look of the action sets. Couldn't really get a better look at the other sets. They were to blurry on the pics I found

On 29-9-2016 at 7:27 AM, JurrasicPiggy said:

Just saw the preliminaries, there pretty meh I guess. Strangely the highlight for me is the MoMoMo and the Triple Rocker, I guess I've grown to like the face motifs. I can't see the minifigure printing yet to judge, because currently the Knights just look like last year's with a rock candy visor, although I doubt that they'll remain the same in the final pictures. I feel like the amount of sets in each wave is declining, but if they're high quality then I don't really care. Overall the villains are the highlight once again.

Both the Ninjago and Nexo Knights lineups are smaller than before. Might have to do with the Lego Batman Movie sets? Also, a lot of new Dimensions sets coming out. 

I think the Fortrex (from wave 1) will be available for a longer than usual time.

27 minutes ago, NotMegalodon said:

Both the Ninjago and Nexo Knights lineups are smaller than before. Might have to do with the Lego Batman Movie sets? Also, a lot of new Dimensions sets coming out. 

I think the Fortrex (from wave 1) will be available for a longer than usual time.

I think you're right. Actually, I'd say both: LEGO Batman and Ninjago movies.

We know Ninjago will get a bigger wave next summer (and a CMF line)

As for Nexo Knights, I expect a bigger waves for 2018

I see a big Nexo wave in the late spring or early summer timeframe, then NinjaGo in the fall. The Batman Lego movie will rightfully suck all the life out of the other lines.

12 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

You Might recall that Chima and Ninjago both had small waves upon the release of The Lego Movie.

I would expect as much for TLBM as well.

And eventually Nexo Knights getting another small wave in the summer due to Ninjago's time in theaters.

12 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I believe that this wave of Ninjago is the same size as the 2016 winter wave - 7 sets.  Nexo Knights is definitely smaller than last year's winter wave.

52 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

You Might recall that Chima and Ninjago both had small waves upon the release of The Lego Movie.

I would expect as much for TLBM as well.

And eventually Nexo Knights getting another small wave in the summer due to Ninjago's time in theaters.

Agreed.  And I do wonder, with TLBM sets coming out in...what...January....?  I can't recall the release date.  How does that effect the release of NK and Ninjago?  TLBM, while a licensed property, is likely going to look like an Action/Adventure line in terms of types of sets and content.  I will be interested to see how they stagger the release dates of those 3 lines if that is in fact what they end up doing.  Will we see a Jan 1st/Feb 1st/March 1st type of staggered release or a simultaneous release of NK/Ninjago before or after the TLBM sets? It's an interesting problem for Lego, as I believe that these 3 lines could potentially cannibalize sales from each other when TLBM is thrown into the retail shelf mix, at least with kids/parents and their available budgets.   I did not see a release date for Nexo Knights on the catalog photos, but Ninjago is clearly shown as Jan 1st.  So, maybe Nexo Knights gets delayed to March 1st?  Or, like last year, they put the sets out in December?  

I like the new wing parts, and the villains could be kinda neat, but I'll need to see the actual printing. I like this wave so far, but not quite as much as the first wave.