Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The mecha's/actuion figures look pretty decent. Might pick them up even though I have no interest in Nexo Knights as a whole. 

Edited by Hisstori

I'm not too enthusiastic about these 2017 sets right now, but my opinions might change when clearer images start showing up. Air/Electric elementals are a cool choice and the colour scheme is nice. I suppose It's purple and dark azure (I really hope It's DA).

Interesting that NK 2017 is going for the Ninjago 'personal vehicle colour' approach. It's okay, the NK 2016 sets have plenty of blue parts which is a choice I really appreciate.

It's an amusing touch that Action Lance has wheels in the feet to continue to allow him to joust against everything.

At the very least the color scheme is different, the over-load of blue and orange for the first 2 wave personally grew old extremly fast. 

My main criticism is that everything is extremly vehicle oriented, and despite something that mixes sci-fi and ''Castle'' ( RIP ), there is nothing ground based! Which then again would be fine except the bad guys vehicle all seem to be battering rams and siege catapults, what is their goal?

I guess that the Fortrex alone is going to have to repel siege engines for the next 2 years :)

The prelims still look promising somehow. The vehicles look to me like rocks/glaciers that came to life. I love the lightning piece that Jestro holds. Is that a new piece? The rock-monsters that are just basically bricks are funny too. It's just weird. I hope the villain minifigs are any good.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

At the very least the color scheme is different, the over-load of blue and orange for the first 2 wave personally grew old extremly fast. 

My main criticism is that everything is extremly vehicle oriented, and despite something that mixes sci-fi and ''Castle'' ( RIP ), there is nothing ground based! Which then again would be fine except the bad guys vehicle all seem to be battering rams and siege catapults, what is their goal?

I guess that the Fortrex alone is going to have to repel siege engines for the next 2 years :)

Yea, I was thinking of that too. All the bad guy sets seemed so ground based even to the point that they are primarily plays on earth mover type vehicles or drillers. Stuff to move around underground which begs the question why would you fight that with a flyer. Macy's vehicle looks like it has a drill on the front but beyond that not much from the other stuff.

Also on trying to get a closer look at some of the sets it looks like Clay's vehicle is a pretty funky little hot rod and even appears that they two lances in front spin and what appears to be rock debris flying so perhaps there are more digging based sets than initially thought. Anyways, it seems really compatible with the Ruina vehicle which also looks like a funky hot rod.

I really, really like the concept od the bad guys. After some close inspection I've decided to call them Storm Monsters. :classic:

Thoughts:

Bike Thing: Looks okay. Simple little set, basically an updated Battle Blaster but it works as an army builder. I'll buy it.

Cage Roller: Looks great. I love Ruina and the design of the vehicle us pretty creative. Hopefully we find out soon who that yellow guy is. I'll buy it.

Double Lance: An improvement over the Mecha Horse, but kind of generic. The villain is one if the best in the wave and it looks like it has multiple functions. I'd consider buying it.

Triple-Rocker: Best set in the wave. Perfectly balanced, and the fig selection is outstanding. Definite buy.

Blaster Falcon: Awful. The color schemeis an eyesore and the only redeeming quality is the Gargoyle guy. Pass.

MoMoMo: Pretty nice. It's huge, hopefully $90 though. Lots of cool figs.

Overall, a nice wave, but I hope they move on to something different in the summer.

5 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

. Monstrux in two sets is a plus even though it appears he is a pretty simple build.

I don't think that's Monstrox in the Ruina set. I think that's just part of the artwork

Not crazy about the look of this wave. Right now I'm thinking I'll just buy the Ruinas set and BAP some of the better bad guy figs as well as the big winged gargoyle guy (his head looks great). Maybe the final pics will change my mind, I'm sure some things will improve. The Triple Rocker could end up being worthwhile but the figures don't look that good, I prefer the ones with wings, Ruinas, and the one with the smoke body. 

I dunno if I like the big jet much, but everything else is at the lofty heights I expect from Nexo Knights sets. The villain sets are as ridiculous and inventive as I'd hoped, and I like the other two Knights vehicles. The bricks with arms are hilarious mooks, too.

The action sets are neat in concept, but feel awfully same-y in overall design. On the other hand, this is basically what I was hoping the Ultimate sets would be, and hopefully the torso parts are versatile enough to allow customization.

Edited by CabooseBM

The jet looks fantastic

The rock monsters look great too

But the rock vehicles look bad

Definitely buying a few of the action sets though.

For those who can't find the pics, know that there are at least three new pieces on the action sets, a torso duel part, that completely encloses the minifig except the head, a waist piece that makes it easier to create a ball snap waist and a special shield that can mount 3 powers.  The weapons which are mostly larger versions of the minifig weapons, might have a new piece involved.

4 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

That jet really reminds me of Ice Planet! Wonder if there is any Ice Planet fan on the design team...

Nexo Knights in general reminds me of Ice Planet, so I'd venture a guess that there is at least 1 designer that is a fan.

About the 2017 preliminary pictures, I'm not at all excited.  I liked the 2016 wave much more.  The color scheme was better (more contrast), despite the garish colors being one of the worst parts of Nexo Knights.  All ugly vehicle monsters again for the villains, and sci-fi heroes.  I don't know why they continue to pretend that this is a Castle substitute in any way.

The villains look like rock / ice gargoyles to me.  Neat concept in general, but I don't think it's done well.

I am happy to see the Action sets have the regular visors, because the trans orange versions look absurd.  I may buy this version of Lance as my first Nexo purchase, but I'll probably just BrickLink more visors.

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Nexo Knights in general reminds me of Ice Planet, so I'd venture a guess that there is at least 1 designer that is a fan.

About the 2017 preliminary pictures, I'm not at all excited.  I liked the 2016 wave much more.  The color scheme was better (more contrast), despite the garish colors being one of the worst parts of Nexo Knights.  All ugly vehicle monsters again for the villains, and sci-fi heroes.  I don't know why they continue to pretend that this is a Castle substitute in any way.

The villains look like rock / ice gargoyles to me.  Neat concept in general, but I don't think it's done well.

I am happy to see the Action sets have the regular visors, because the trans orange versions look absurd.  I may buy this version of Lance as my first Nexo purchase, but I'll probably just BrickLink more visors.

Well, the resemblance to ice gargoyles would explain a lot. :tongue:

I need better pictures, but the bigger thing is very blue still. However the the smaller Knights vehicle is very white and blue and orange is very very Ice Planet which makes me VERY VERY HAPPY! :)

7 hours ago, JurrasicPiggy said:

I can't find the new prelims.

Someone help please I can find them!

Nope, still can't find them.

3 hours ago, JurrasicPiggy said:

Please someone tell me where you find the pictures!

Please quit spamming up the board with the same pointless question over and over.  If you would actually read the topic, people have already answered before you asked. 
If you can't figure it out based upon those directions, then wait until the official pictures come out.

Honestly I think this is my personal favorite wave for Nexo Knights. I love the colour scheme, and I also really like the builds. Ruina's Cage Roller is my personal favorite out of the sets.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't think that's Monstrox in the Ruina set. I think that's just part of the artwork

Hmmm... I guess you are correct. I looked at that thing a couple of times and could have sworn it was a physical thing as opposed to background picture. Oh, well.

Stuff is growing on me more and more. :) All except the Action figures though.

13 minutes ago, CAK6155 said:

I mean like picture and stuff of what I've built. 

Depends on where you're posting from - thanks to this new update, you can just copy + paste the link from Imgur, Flickr and other sties and it'll automatically embed itself (meaning it'll appear)