Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

MoMoMo? haha :laugh:

What the hell does that mean?

Edited by Robert8

That's what the catalog says :tongue:

That site also has the final English names for most of everything else... Nexo matches up with what I got (so no bikes or Star Destoyer-Rebel Frigates) 

Does anyone else feel like Lego will refer to these guys as Lightning Monsters or something? I knew from the second I heard it that rock wouldn't make sense right after lava, and between the color scheme and the electric glow around each figure.....

Agree

These are not rock monsters like the Power Miners theme

These look more like mystical stones or something like that

Could the hostage be Robin?

He wasn't mentioned in any of the sets

Edited by Robert8

This is off topic but I have to know

So CM4Sci does your name stand for collectable minifigures 4 science?

Also if its a protagonist thats been captured it could even be a knight or one of the squire bots

Edited by SodorBricks

On September 3, 2016 at 11:33 AM, amazingbricks said:

Got some news from my source. Now, he doesn't remember everything, but this is what i was told.

70347: Futuristic bike, looks like a smaller version of Equila's twin bike. The same color scheme as the king's mech.

70348 Lance's cruiser: It's like a mini version of the imperial star destroyer and the new rebel combat frigate combined. It had Lance's respective colors. Looks great according to my source.

70349: A villain vehicle, looked very weird. Apparently Ruina is the villain.

70351: A much better looking Jay's storm fighter. It had Clay's respective colors. A villain and a mini vehicle for him. One of the better sets.

70352: Now, this definitely is a monstrous vehicle. A very techy monster build, but it looked decent. Jestro was the same minifigure from this year's sets, but he says jestro will look different. Also had a vehicle for one of the knights, not sure who exactly was in it.

That's it! What do you guys think?

Remember this? 

What? No they're not? They're extremely generic and incorrect. Lance's ship doesn't look like a Star Destroyer or a Rebel Frigate. The small set isn't even a bike and every Nexo vehicle has the same color scheme. Clay's jet looks nothing like Jay's jet. "Very weird" is not very descriptive, and Jestro's thing isn't techy.

Undescriptive is not helpful at all. That's like me saying "Yeah this set looks very cool, it's great you all will like it."

@Robert8 I disagree. 70347 seems like an educated guess of what the set would look like had it been called Soldier's Bike. I don't know if you have seen the picture yet but it isn't a bike at all.

Whatever is going on in the description of 70348 is wrong, too. I don't see how anyone could describe it like that.

70349 has literally no info.

70351 is also wrong. Clay's Jet looks nothing like the Storm Fighter other than the colors, and there are three villains, not one, and no villain vehicle.

70352 seems like another educated guess, as anything in the NK line could be described as "Techy". Most $100 vehicles have an opposing vehicle of some sort and if these other descriptions are an indication than this is another guess.  "Jestro was the same minifigure from this year's sets, but he says jestro will look different." makes no sense whatsoever. 

Edited by BrickJagger

Ok ok calm down people :laugh:

"Jestro was the same minifigure from this year's sets, but he says jestro will look different."  means that they reused the same Jestro minifigure from the first wave for the prems, but the final Jestro will be different. (Which was incorrect because the prems show a yellow/purple Jestro)

I do see a resemblance between  Jay's storm fighter and 70351 but the color is incorrect yeah, I'll give you that

70352 is definitely is a monstrous vehicle. So, that part is right. 

So, maybe I went too far by saying "most of it was correct" but they are not totally wrong this time 

Edited by Robert8

Welp, no sea monsters or forest dwellers after all.. but nevertheless: this looks promising! Really curious about the antagonist shields and the new armour and wings pieces; very magical and evil, like the first wave. I don't know why every bad guy vehicle and random flying object needs a face, though. :laugh: 

Just now, Exetrius said:

Welp, no sea monsters or forest dwellers after all.. but nevertheless: this looks promising! Really curious about the antagonist shields and the new armour and wings pieces; very magical and evil, like the first wave. I don't know why every bad guy vehicle and random flying object needs a face, though. :laugh: 

Yeah, it's really a shame.  From what I can see in the drawings and descriptions, the villains in this wave are less exciting than the forest and sea creatures we could have had.

Just now, x105Black said:

Yeah, it's really a shame.  From what I can see in the drawings and descriptions, the villains in this wave are less exciting than the forest and sea creatures we could have had.

I don't know about that. On the drawings, the helmets and shoulder armour of these baddies look comparable to those of the sea monsters. 

Btw, I like fire villains and especially how well they were executed for Nexo Knights, but the concept has been done much more often than lightning/crystal(?) villains, which makes these exciting, in my opinion.

Alright guys, you've made your point clear. 

15 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Completely agree with this. There is still hope for them in the future. 

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Yes, I am curious on the upside down shields and why they are that way as well as what the shield insert will look like. Will be pretty cool to get some of those shield inserts with printing right side up compared to the shield itself being upside down.

I am curious as to the theme of this upcoming wave of sets. Not having been around for Ninjago I can't say if these two lines are following the same path but being a long suffering Futurama fan I know that whenever the creators got an order for episodes they never knew if the show was going to come back after that initial run and so they would write in an ending that gave the fans what they wanted and made sure the series went off on a high note. Nexo Knights had an initial  order of 20 episodes so I wonder if the creators have written the storyline through 20 episodes creating a conclusion to the storyline but still leaving the door open in the event the show comes back for another order with the current storyline presumable being the defeat of Jestro/Book of Monsters? As we have seen from the new sets this is certainly not the case as Jstro is still around causing trouble and what more than likely will be the full manifestation of the BoM into Monstrux thereby continuing the current storyline on.

I guess the question is would this and possibly a second 2017 wave be 'filler' until the fate of the show is determined and a new storyline is developed and produced at which point the building sets would reflect that new direction for the show?

Can someone please help me find the drawings of 70347, 70348, and 70349? I have looked on reddit, brick picker, youtube, and Google search but I just can't find them.