Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The Action sets are actually called Battle Suits. They're really neat little mechs using the Mixel joints. They all use a specialized torso piece that can open from the front and have the figure inside. Their heads pop out the top. They all come with bigger versions of their weapons, so like Axl has a new axe piece for his suit and Clay has a bigger version of his sword used for his suit. They all also come with a new triangle shield (a shape that will be used a lot throughout next year's theme) that can hold 3 NEXO Powers .

Now, Combo NEXO Powers actually is mystery Nexo Powers! That was a lucky guess on my part, you get 5 mystery NEXO Powers in a bag, 35 in total to collect. Every bag comes with the triangle shield that has clips on each side so you can combine them with others, thus COMBINE YOUR POWER! The boxes are similar to the Ultimate ones but wider.

I guess this is where the 'space suits' concept comes in to play. I am really curious to see these now since this does sound intriguing but I know others have said they look terrible. I am on the fence about the blind pack nexo powers. Provided they are easy to collect and no rarity system is built in to it they might be fun. I just think there are easier and more fun ways to get the nexo powers out to the public.

Again thanks for the info 'CM4Sci.

The Action sets are actually called Battle Suits. They're really neat little mechs using the Mixel joints. They all use a specialized torso piece that can open from the front and have the figure inside. Their heads pop out the top. They all come with bigger versions of their weapons, so like Axl has a new axe piece for his suit and Clay has a bigger version of his sword used for his suit. They all also come with a new triangle shield (a shape that will be used a lot throughout next year's theme) that can hold 3 NEXO Powers.

This sounds amazing! I look forward to seeing what they look like, but I love the concept. It's the sort of thing I've tried doing on LDD in the past, but never really managed. Having a new compact torso piece to enclose the minifigure will probably help greatly. I hope there is plenty of potential for customization (i.e. lots of good connection points).

Thanks for all of the information!

Do the Battle Suit versions of the characters look the same as the minifigures in the sets? Same Rock Candy visors?

Thanks for all of the information!

Do the Battle Suit versions of the characters look the same as the minifigures in the sets? Same Rock Candy visors?

The minifigures are inside the suits, the heads are the minifigures' heads. That's how small they are. They visors in the suits are grey while the rest is all colored. We get trans orange visors in the normal sets though!

Edited by CM4Sci

The minifigures are inside the suits, the heads are the minifigures' heads. That's how small they are. They visors in the suits are grey while the rest is all colored. We get trans orange visors in the normal sets though!

Nexo Knights does not excite me except for the villains... also the parts. Probably a good time to create an Ice Planet army with those new trans orange visors. :)

They visors in the suits are grey while the rest is all colored.

Good to know! I can't stand the trans Rock Candy visors, especially since the regular visors are one of the few useful pieces for me.

Do the Actions have new pieces?

You answer is here:

The Action sets are actually called Battle Suits. They're really neat little mechs using the Mixel joints. They all use a specialized torso piece that can open from the front and have the figure inside. Their heads pop out the top. They all come with bigger versions of their weapons, so like Axl has a new axe piece for his suit and Clay has a bigger version of his sword used for his suit. They all also come with a new triangle shield (a shape that will be used a lot throughout next year's theme) that can hold 3 NEXO Powers .

Now, Combo NEXO Powers actually is mystery Nexo Powers! That was a lucky guess on my part, you get 5 mystery NEXO Powers in a bag, 35 in total to collect. Every bag comes with the triangle shield that has clips on each side so you can combine them with others, thus COMBINE YOUR POWER! The boxes are similar to the Ultimate ones but wider.

Definitely sounds interesting. New torso, weapon, and shield pieces at least.

With the battle-suits / mech, should i imagine something like this? But with an additional part to keep the MF a bit more enclosed?

Those wouldn't be too bad I think. Since these were just a polybag build and I would assume the Action sets are minimum $10 similar to the Ultimates I am curious as to what the designers have come up with for these. I also wonder if each mech will be the same build for each knight but with minor color changes similar to the mech horses or will each mech be tailored to fit each knight.

Speaking of the mech horses - if Lego had done those as the Ultimates (still with the exclusive figure) for each knight instead of the stand, shields, and accessories would that have been acceptable to everyone? We would have lost a neat little build in 5 of the sets and they probably would have replaced it with something else but I was curious what others thought.

The Action/Battle sets sound incredible and pretty much what I wanted to see in a Constraction theme: Figures that pilot exo-armor (I also like that the minifig head is the battle suit's head!).

I can see a lot of potential with the new torso piece for custom mech designs. I'll probably end up building my own little Minifig Mechs!

Those wouldn't be too bad I think. Since these were just a polybag build and I would assume the Action sets are minimum $10 similar to the Ultimates I am curious as to what the designers have come up with for these. I also wonder if each mech will be the same build for each knight but with minor color changes similar to the mech horses or will each mech be tailored to fit each knight.

Speaking of the mech horses - if Lego had done those as the Ultimates (still with the exclusive figure) for each knight instead of the stand, shields, and accessories would that have been acceptable to everyone? We would have lost a neat little build in 5 of the sets and they probably would have replaced it with something else but I was curious what others thought.

Having the hover-horses as stand alone sets would have been cool on some levels (easier to army build them, for instance), but I feel like they work better as part of larger sets. Since they're more or less identical, it would have felt way more repetitive if they were the FOCUS of the sets rather than just an add-on to help balance the play scenarios of the larger ones.

Also, a big purpose of the Ultimate sets seemed to be to promote the app, and I feel like the interchangeable accessories were a cool way to bring the variety of the Nexo powers into the physical toys.

I think that the Ultimates were overprices at msrp, I've bought them all (except for Flama, which i'm still looking for), at reduced prices (ranging from 9€ to 5.60€). In a way, they were kind of in-game purchases, but out of the game hehe :tongue: Only the fact that all shields can easily be scanned from youtube channels or screenshots, make them lose their value in a way. But with the prices i paid, i'm happy with each of them.

Having the hover-horses as stand alone sets would have been cool on some levels (easier to army build them, for instance), but I feel like they work better as part of larger sets. Since they're more or less identical, it would have felt way more repetitive if they were the FOCUS of the sets rather than just an add-on to help balance the play scenarios of the larger ones.

Also, a big purpose of the Ultimate sets seemed to be to promote the app, and I feel like the interchangeable accessories were a cool way to bring the variety of the Nexo powers into the physical toys.

Yea, so I wonder how the Action mech's might go over with everyone if they all come out the same with only color variations to differentiate them or will Lego make modifications for each knight. Sounds like we will still get at least three shields with the new triangle shield carrier so that aspect sounds like it will be the same.

I think that the Ultimates were overprices at msrp, I've bought them all (except for Flama, which i'm still looking for), at reduced prices (ranging from 9€ to 5.60€). In a way, they were kind of in-game purchases, but out of the game hehe :tongue: Only the fact that all shields can easily be scanned from youtube channels or screenshots, make them lose their value in a way. But with the prices i paid, i'm happy with each of them.

I thought the prices were OK but like you I rather get a deal so I waited for sales to pick these up. As there are so many other sources to pick up shields for the game it is not really a big deal for me to get the sets for the shields which is why I am not overly excited about the combo packs. Unless there is something really cool in there I might wait to see if they get heavily discounted and try and pick them up then. I would rather have the building toys than a bunch of shields.

I agree, the Rock Candy Knights were quite overpriced, even for a fan.

It is funny because when the line was introduced I was not that big of a fan of it but I thought the Ultimate sets were kind of cool and wouldn't mind picking those up to have as a display and my son would probably like playing with them. Then as I started to see more of the line I kind of liked the bag guy vehicles and figured I would pick up some of those. As I started doing some research on the line with reviews I came to like the good guy stuff the most. Once I got the Ultimate sets they kind of went to the bottom of the list as far as what I liked best as I can't say I really like the overall monotone colors of most of the figs. They are not bad it is they just didn't hit with me as much as I thought that they would or that they were intended to. I find I like to mix and match some of the pieces between the regular and Ultimate sets which gives them an overall better look. Regular Aaron looks really good with the translucent armor piece on him and regular shield guard. Clay is a hard one because of the two different blues used for him don't really mesh well for mixing and matching.

Of course all in all my son certainly knows the difference and he knows the Ultimate figures are when the Knights power up so I guess it really doesn't matter what I think. :)

If the Knights come in Mech Suits that would be super super awesome I am going to get the entire line to review :)

Just saw a drawing of 70351. Main build, the jet, looks okay I guess. The body looks to be somewhat squat and not that long while the wingspan looks quite wide. Thus gives it a bit of a different look form a typical jet build. Large cockpit in the front. If you like the gattling-gun stud shooters, you will love this thing as it has three of them! The single-brick baddies look...interesting. I guess they are the "scurriers" of this wave. The only other build is the enemy monster figure, which looks good. Given the price of the set and likely piece count, the jet is probable pretty big.

Photo of one of the larger sets with Jestro is out in the wild. Jestro looks pretty cool, and his GIANT "tank" looks nice, too. Monstrox is literally a cloud, hovering above the tank.

You mean drawing, correct? :wink:

Clay's Jet looks fantastic, the stud shooters and multiple cockpits are a nice touch. The stone beast might be the highlight of the set, he looks downright evil. I suspect it will be priced around $60, so I might have to skip it because I just bought the Rumble Blade.

Jestro's vehicle is also great. Once again, the villains are the highlight of the set, I can tell the winged guy is going to look great in the final pictures. The build itself is pretty nice as well, especially with all those great new wheels. The face in the front of the vehicle is a little strange, I'm sure we will find out what it is soon enough.

Can't wait for the rest of the drawings!

Found the drawing of the Jet - looks awesome! Definitely looks like a Falcon, which makes me wonder if the other knights will have their vehicles based on their animal (except Lance of course). Still can't find the Jestro set yet though...

Found the drawing of the Jet - looks awesome! Definitely looks like a Falcon, which makes me wonder if the other knights will have their vehicles based on their animal (except Lance of course). Still can't find the Jestro set yet though...

I'm having the exact opposite experience. Found the Jestro set, but can't find the Falcon.