Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The sets look absolutely amazing.

Here are some general facts:

There is so much azure, dark purple, grey and black.

Jestro is back as the villain, only this time he's been corrupted even more. He's blue and his outfit is purple and flamish-yellow. He is accompanied by an evil lightning cloud.

The monsters are rock monsters, but they're sooo awesome. They have purple helmets and weapons.

The Knights all get makeovers, with new armor, trans visors, and new prints.

There's a new piece that's like the lightning bolt piece but cut in half and with a bar on the end

New piece that looks like a small, flat blade.

The theme this time around is 'COMBINE YOUR POWER!'

70347 - Similar to the Knighton Battle Blaster but the wheels are smooth and it's a stud shooter in front. Soldier and a rock villain (purple gargoyle-like headpiece) with a scythe

70348 - A small wheeled vehicle with two lances in front. I think it's called the Dual Jouster? The villain has an awesome, new swirly leg piece similar to the ghost legs. Lancebot and Lance included.

70349 - This looks like a weird chariot. The front is meant to look like a beast with claws. The back is a cage with someone inside, with an upside-down corrupted shield above. Ruina has light blue Bellatrix hair (!) and a scythe. Aaron is included.

70350 - Rolling vehicle with a castle turret railing as a mouth, which looks pretty cool. New big wheels that are rocky, similar to the Power Miners wheels. Small catapult on back. The two bad guys are one that looks like Tremor from UA and a smaller guy with a purple helmet and a ball-and-chain. Another corrupted shield and Axl

70351 - This one is absolutely stunning! Blue jet with trans orange wings, new canopy piece, and dual six-stud shooters in front and one in back! There is a giant, Burnzie-like character with glowing wings and a mace hand. There are two rock guys that are a circle and a brick, too. Clay, Claybot, and a corrupted shield included.

70352 - The big one. It's a giant, long tank with a jester head at the front. It's not as great as you'd think but it looks hilarious. A lot of the new rock wheels. In the back is a crane holding Ava in a prison. Lighting Cloud hovers above them... A small bike is included for the Rock Guys. There's a minifigure with giant, glowing wings, and a small block rock guy holding a sword who looks pretty freaky. Macy gets a drill tank. Lance gets nothing, but he is getting the corrupted shield. Minifigures are Jestro, Macy, Ava, Lance, wing guy, rock guy, and block guy.

Thanks Sci.

Woah, that's a lot to process. :grin:

The Rock Monsters sound even better than the Lava Monsters, which is great. It would be unfortunate if they only had one vehicle, though.

"There are two rock guys that are a circle and a brick, too"

Huh? :wacko:

The Knight upgrades are darker, right? Similar to how they appear in the game? I'd be very happy if that was the case.

Sounds like the Triple Rocker is an exclusive, and we didn't previously know about 70350.

Any thoughts on the Action sets?

Thanks Sci.

Woah, that's a lot to process. :grin:

The Rock Monsters sound even better than the Lava Monsters, which is great. It would be unfortunate if they only had one vehicle, though.

"There are two rock guys that are a circle and a brick, too"

Huh? :wacko:

The Knight upgrades are darker, right? Similar to how they appear in the game? I'd be very happy if that was the case.

Sounds like the Triple Rocker is an exclusive, and we didn't previously know about 70350.

Any thoughts on the Action sets?

No problem.

They're literally 2x2 bricks with faces on them, with little hands and weapons.

Knights are light grey again but they've got different armor and prints. They all use the same new helmet base and trans visors. They look cool, really.

Triple Rocker is 70350.

I'll write up the Action posts in a bit.

The villains sound pretty cool! Disappointed that the knights don't have their black variant suits though, really wanted those...

Shame that "Jousting Beiber," "Brickney Spears," "The Blok," and "Shia LaBlade," seem to be one-off characters in the show, because I'd love minifigures of them, even just as book exclusives or polybags... The chances of this happening are really slim, though, because of the obvious celebrity parallels...

Purple sounds great for next year's villains! Looking forward to it...

There is so much azure, dark purple, grey and black.

That sounds promising.

Jestro is back as the villain, only this time he's been corrupted even more. He's blue and his outfit is purple and flamish-yellow. He is accompanied by an evil lightning cloud.

Interesting. Looking forward to checking this out.

The Knights all get makeovers, with new armor, trans visors, and new prints.

Trans visors? More Rock Candy Knights. That's too bad, as the visors were one of the few things I found useful for Castle minifigures.

corrupted shield included.

Those might be cool.

Rock monsters sound cool , but why do they have purple color? Purple doesn't seem like a rock color, but if they look cool, unrealistic color doesn't matter. It's a shame knights don't get black suits like in the game, though. And more evil Jestro, how's that possible( he's a lame villain , and making him more evil won't change that)? Also no mention of Book of Monsters? It seems Monstrox was indeed The Book itself!

Light blue and purple rock monsters. Ehmmm...LEGO Pokemon license confirmed?

[snip image]

Seriously though, that sounds like a nice color scheme. I'm excited for Ruina, and I'm glad the Knights are more-or-less keeping their color scheme. It'll make it much easier to make MOCs. Since they're dropping the Ultimates in favor of collectible bags, I'm going to save some money there, which is nice, although I'd have loved more Ultimates. And we still have no clue about the Action versions.

If the sets are actually those colours, I won't complain.

And from those descriptions, I may end up buying a couple of Ruina's set if it's cheap enough.

Corrupted shields sounds interesting and wonder what those will look like and how they will play out in the show if it gets that far. Also, Ava captured by Jestro? Also sounds interesting.

I am sorry to see some of the current villains may not be moving on to the next phase. I really thought General Magmar is pretty cool and we never really got to know Moltor.

All these sets sounded really cool even before the more detailed information so thanks for the enthusiastic info CM4Sci - can't wait to hear more as you get it.

The corrupted shields are the ones the bad guys use in the Ultimate packs. They're upside down though.

These bad guys look sooooo cool, I can't wait for you guys to see them. They don't have prints but they just look that cool.

I'll write up about the Action sets when I'm home, on my phone right now.

The corrupted shields are the ones the bad guys use in the Ultimate packs. They're upside down though.

These bad guys look sooooo cool, I can't wait for you guys to see them. They don't have prints but they just look that cool.

Can you at least make a hint of when we are going to see images, please?:)

CM4Sci would you say the evil cloud is indeed Monstrox?

The new lightning bolt piece sounds interesting. Would you say it could be used for a Zeus CMF?

Edited by Robert8

Cool - the Shields of Absorption make their way formally in to the sets and possibly the show. And Lance with one of them - the plot thickens. :)

Is the cloud brick-build or a new mold like for instance slimer? I wasnt thrilled when i heard about rock monsters at first, but cm4ski knows how to get me hyped again :-)

Brick built cloud with a tile on the side.Yeah it's probably Monstrox

I didn't think of that for Zeus, absolutely a possibility.... maybe in 2018..

Brick built cloud with a tile on the side.Yeah it's probably Monstrox

I didn't think of that for Zeus, absolutely a possibility.... maybe in 2018..

Is this cloud somehow attached to Jestro? Or is it a separate piece? Could you please draw a picture or just explain how Jestro is accompanied by this cloud?

The Action sets are actually called Battle Suits. They're really neat little mechs using the Mixel joints. They all use a specialized torso piece that can open from the front and have the figure inside. Their heads pop out the top. They all come with bigger versions of their weapons, so like Axl has a new axe piece for his suit and Clay has a bigger version of his sword used for his suit. They all also come with a new triangle shield (a shape that will be used a lot throughout next year's theme) that can hold 3 NEXO Powers .

Now, Combo NEXO Powers actually is mystery Nexo Powers! That was a lucky guess on my part, you get 5 mystery NEXO Powers in a bag, 35 in total to collect. Every bag comes with the triangle shield that has clips on each side so you can combine them with others, thus COMBINE YOUR POWER! The boxes are similar to the Ultimate ones but wider.

Battle mechs that fit a smaller figure inside and have a larger shield that can hold a Nexo Power...hmmm.

Anyway, they sound pretty cool.

Edited by DraikNova

Thanks for the detailed information. Sci, but do their heads be visible and without a cockpit?

As for their designs. I'm glad we're getting a new torso piece, but think the macha/minifigures/action figure concept is neat, but do Axl have a wider build

Edited by Chimaninja454

Sci, did the sets have piece counts? Trying to get a sense of how much each one costs.

Mini-mechs were exactly what I was hoping for.