Mine are being delivered today, but I most likely can't collect them from the Post Office until tomorrow. The drawbacks of pre-ordering.

The benefit of preordering is that TRU has promised a bunch of goodies. There is a summer launch party on Sunday with a gift bag of free stuff, in addition to the birthday bonus set that will be delivered with my sets.

But all I really want are the Elves sets to keep my collection complete. Received the Activity Book #2 in the mail yesterday, now all I'm missing are the magazines, the play mat and the display case.

Hi!
And here's the next video with Elves summer set: Rosalyn's Healing Hideout (LEGO 41187)

Super-duper set!!

It is a fantastic set, in fact considering the new character and gorgeous dragon, I think it's even better than the Goblin King's Fortress.

And Azari's chariot and fire Pegasus is great, too.

I really loved all three.

Thanks for the great videos! I couldn't approach anything that professional.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:55 PM, Tragic Banjo said:

Yep. Like Gertrude Stein's Oakland, there's no there there. Oh well. (I have no idea what it was originally planned to be, but it's definitely been scrapped.)

I'm not even sure whether there WAS something planned there. From what I can tell Brickset added it and the rest of the internet followed their lead, but without knowledge of Brickset's source it could just as easily have been a misentry on THEIR part.

Of course, I can't remember if we have a firm idea of all of this year's remaining D2C sets. There's always the chance that Lego could surprise us with an Elves set in that category. I mean, I don't think the summer 2015 Ninjago sets included any hints of the Temple of Airjitzu in their box or instructions.

19 hours ago, BigSecret said:

Healing Hideout (LEGO 41187)

Thank you for good review! It ensured me how awesome this set is :) And I like  good quality of your videos

3 hours ago, Marishka said:

Thank you for good review! It ensured me how awesome this set is :) And I like  good quality of your videos

Thank you Marishka! 

Ок! The last summer set is ready! 
Breakout from the Goblin King's Fortress (LEGO 41188)
This set is huge, beautiful and interesting :-)

On 6/2/2017 at 11:54 AM, Bentonton said:

New piece.

So far, it looks like this part only comes in this color in two of the second wave Elves sets.

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6188999

The blog New Elementary has an article about this part also.

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/06/32952-new-lego-snot-piece.html

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So far, it looks like this part only comes in this color in two of the second wave Elves sets.

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6188999

The blog New Elementary has an article about this part also.

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/06/32952-new-lego-snot-piece.html

Also, this interesting new part (part no. 30987 pictured below) comes in two of the summer wave sets in Spring Yellowish Green and Earth Blue.

6186075.jpg6190141.jpg

I got the chariot. This is what my display looks like now, if anyone needs a size comparison to previous vehicles.

All I need now is Rosalyn, Lula and some oars because WTF Lego, a gondola set with not a single oar included? (granted, the minidolls can't hold them very well, but I added a little action feature to allow for the oar to be posed in a natural way, and adjust it by turning the bit with the compass.)

I'm really looking forward to the elves sets now, I got all the set's since the dragons came out, I think they're really coming into their own. They don't seem as much like 'Forest Friends with pointy ears' but something totally standalone with the direction they have gone. The little goblins?! Awesome evil cuteness! And as a 32 year old male, I won't be admitting that to many people any time soon :blush:

The colours they use are new, different, vibrant and yet not in your face. The new parts are interesting, the animals are brilliant and very welcome, the dragons with their heads and wings, provide such a vast opportunity to create your own style of dragons which I think is amazing and when I have a chance, will do so.  I'd love for them to release a black dragon head and black wings. The goblins are an awesome little addition to which I'm currently making a moc with. I really am looking forward to seeing what they come up with next, I hope they continue on with the Elves theme. 

On 6/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, Fuppylodders said:

... as a 32 year old male, I won't be admitting that to many people any time soon :blush:

The colours they use are new, different, vibrant and yet not in your face. ...the dragons with their heads and wings... I'd love for them to release a black dragon head and black wings... I really am looking forward to seeing what they come up with next, I hope they continue on with the Elves theme.

I'm a 41 year old male and LOVE the Elves line!! I don't like mini dolls or bright colors but still love the theme!

I am a 33 yo male, and the Elves is the only line i am interested in the past few years. Since there is no "normal" Castle, or Space theme these days. I just love those colors in the Elves sets!

I am not a fan of mini dolls, but i love the Elves dolls! Some really beautiful characters there, like Sira, Tidus, Ragana and now the Goblin King, and Rosalyn for example! Also cannot get enough baby dragons, and the really nice pictures of the characters in the back of the building manuals, the design of the boxes! :laugh: Hope they will continue the Elves theme next year too!

On a side note: I am a bit disappointed with the Breakout from the Goblin King's Fortress set (41188). After Ragana's amazing castle, maybe i wanted too much! (And only one goblin in the Goblin King's fortress...)

Edited by Lazer

54 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

I'm a 41 year old male and LOVE the Elves line!! I don't like mini dolls or bright colors but still love the theme!

I got you beat. I'll be 46 next week. Love the sets so much that I have every single one, including the polybags and the two activity books. Just missing the magazines.

And I love the minidolls. They suit the theme. Wouldn't like it as much if they were standard minifigs.

The only other theme that I have completed is LOTR and The Hobbit. And I've put all those sets in a box to make space for Elves.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:45 AM, Bentonton said:

I got you beat. I'll be 46 next week. Love the sets so much that I have every single one, including the polybags and the two activity books. Just missing the magazines.

And I love the minidolls. They suit the theme. Wouldn't like it as much if they were standard minifigs.

43-year-old male here, and Elves is hands-down my favorite theme at the moment. 

I will say though, that I eventually got tired of the same five mini-dolls over and over. I've now embarked on a somewhat pricey project of replacing all the mini-dolls with custom mini-figures. I've been buying up all kinds of fun torsos from LOTR, Ninjago, and Star Wars, and turning them into Elves figures. Some more hair / pointy ear pieces would be welcome, but between Elves and LOTR, there are enough to make a diverse community of figures. I think they look great. 

I agree, there are an awful lot of the five main characters with just three outfits each (three years), but with the eight minor characters, that's 13, plus the ten goblins, the 16 different animals, the four pegasi, the seven baby dragons, and the seven big dragons, that's 57 different characters! Not too shabby for three years.

Yeah, a good idea to do with some of the repeated main characters is to switch torsos and bottoms to 'make a new outfit' for them.  And then to customize the additional repeats into other Elves seen in the background of some of the mini movies & webisodes; and customize repeated Goblins [as I'm trying to collect two of each set, or almost two of each set, since it would take at least two of each set to build the buildings more like how they are shown in the mini movies & webisodes].

On 6/15/2017 at 1:43 PM, SWNELoveAngel said:

Yeah, a good idea to do with some of the repeated main characters is to switch torsos and bottoms to 'make a new outfit' for them.  And then to customize the additional repeats into other Elves seen in the background of some of the mini movies & webisodes; and customize repeated Goblins [as I'm trying to collect two of each set, or almost two of each set, since it would take at least two of each set to build the buildings more like how they are shown in the mini movies & webisodes].

Mine so far...    

& these guys   

On 6/14/2017 at 6:11 PM, Bentonton said:

I agree, there are an awful lot of the five main characters with just three outfits each (three years), but with the eight minor characters, that's 13, plus the ten goblins, the 16 different animals, the four pegasi, the seven baby dragons, and the seven big dragons, that's 57 different characters! Not too shabby for three years.

I feel like i've missed out on a few of these when you name them all off. I better get going on purchasing to catch up.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, Fuppylodders said:

I'd love for them to release a black dragon head and black wings.

I've been thinking the same---a new set with Ragana, a black dragon for her---perhaps she's corrupted one, turned it evil.  Black with purple or magenta accents (her colors) would look very neat.