40 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

The goblins do. Funnily it seems to be a copypaste from Aira's.

Kind of appreciate that, actually. Makes it easier to MOC, especially since red and black balloon canopies already exist thanks to City!

Excited for the series to debut.  I hope they develop the characters differently than the web shorts... Honestly, the vapid boy crazy nature of the elves was such a turn off that I don't let my kids watch it.  Seems like a disservice to the quality of the sets.

19 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

Excited for the series to debut.  I hope they develop the characters differently than the web shorts... Honestly, the vapid boy crazy nature of the elves was such a turn off that I don't let my kids watch it.  Seems like a disservice to the quality of the sets.

I agree. The flirty crushy thing was just... yuck. And it wasn't just the girls crushing on the boys but also the boys crushing on the girls... a lot. Farran's crush on Sira was... erm... rapey.

I've never seen a show with such weak brainless adolescence, and this show is supposedly for impressionable 7-12 year olds.

Edited by Bentonton

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yeah, this is for set discussion not show discussion.

Thanks

Curious that a show based on the sets cannot be discussed...this is some next level moderation.  

Nah, Pep's right, there's another forum for discussing the show. My bad.

Now where are those Winter 2018 set leaks? We've seen them for nearly all other themes!

I don't have Netflix so I haven't seen it yet, but evidently there are mermaids in Elvendale. We're certain to get some mer-creatures in upcoming sets, yay!

I'm 28 mark you, I just think she is old enough to build her own Elvendale! Instead she's getting Big Sister to build MOCs for her (like always! :tongue:

On 9/1/2017 at 8:05 AM, Bentonton said:

I don't have Netflix so I haven't seen it yet, but evidently there are mermaids in Elvendale. We're certain to get some mer-creatures in upcoming sets, yay!

There are! I got so excited in the first episode seeing them. I hope we get mermaids sooner rather than later! 

4 hours ago, Hythonia said:

There are! I got so excited in the first episode seeing them. I hope we get mermaids sooner rather than later! 

Hopefully we will get some new fins. So far we've got Ariel's green fin and Alana's pink fin. It would be nice to have some new colours or even a more detailed fin with gold scales, for instance.

And some new bikini tops...

14 hours ago, Bentonton said:

Hopefully we will get some new fins. So far we've got Ariel's green fin and Alana's pink fin. It would be nice to have some new colours or even a more detailed fin with gold scales, for instance.

And some new bikini tops...

I won't lie—a large part of me hopes for a mermaid-focused story arc, maybe even including the main Elves characters in mermaid forms. The latest Ariel features a neat magical print on the front of the tail—swap that for a decoration akin to the patterns on the characters' arms or faces and it'd be a very distinctive look!

Though I'm not sure whether I'd prefer bikini tops or outfits that are sheer but more well-covered...

21 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

outfits that are sheer but more well-covered...

This would be more useful to me, as plenty of swimwear tops are available from Friends, but I would appreciate more variety for better customizing.

I suspect (and secretly hope) that showing the mermaids as early as 1st episode may be a hint about the next wave... They could make it about meeting the Water Sister and then the Fire sister in the summer wave, then having all three surviving sisters (including Skyra) save Cronan's mom.

9 hours ago, FortNerd said:

I suspect (and secretly hope) that showing the mermaids as early as 1st episode may be a hint about the next wave... They could make it about meeting the Water Sister and then the Fire sister in the summer wave, then having all three surviving sisters (including Skyra) save Cronan's mom.

After the end of this year's story, I'm not sure Cronan's mom CAN still be saved. And while I'd love to see the other sisters appear in the story (and ideally, even in sets), unless the theme is actually on the verge of ending I don't necessarily see the need to introduce both in a single year. Better to spread it out so that each character's story arc can get plenty of focus!

On another note:

Who wants to bet that we'll get a new "home base" set for the Elves next year now that the treetop hideaway has been destroyed?

Edited by Lyichir

On 9/4/2017 at 5:04 AM, FortNerd said:

save Cronan's mom.

Quartzine said in the Netflix show that 

Spoiler

She'd been destroyed and the only place she still existed was in Cronan's memories    :(

I'd love a minidoll of her though!  

For now this will have to suffice... 

Agn7oe9.jpg

4 hours ago, Killian said:

Quartzine said in the Netflix show that 

Hide contents

She'd been destroyed and the only place she still existed was in Cronan's memories    :(

I'd love a minidoll of her though!  

For now this will have to suffice...

Maybe next year Elves could get one of those four-minifigure packs Toys R Us is doing for Bricktober, with the four unreleased sisters. Unlikely, of course, but a man can dream.

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Maybe next year Elves could get one of those four-minifigure packs Toys R Us is doing for Bricktober, with the four unreleased sisters. Unlikely, of course, but a man can dream.

Or maybe they could do a minidoll pack in addition to the 4 minifigure packs.

59 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Or maybe they could do a minidoll pack in addition to the 4 minifigure packs.

If they were to do that it would probably have to be for a separate promotion, as I can't see Toys 'R' Us having more than one pack a week for Bricktober regardless of its contents.

On 9/8/2017 at 5:35 AM, Aanchir said:

If they were to do that it would probably have to be for a separate promotion, as I can't see Toys 'R' Us having more than one pack a week for Bricktober regardless of its contents.

Either way it would be awesome if they did. They could have two hairpieces for Emily and Sophie's grandma, one with elf ears and one without.

1 hour ago, Bentonton said:

Either way it would be awesome if they did. They could have two hairpieces for Emily and Sophie's grandma, one with elf ears and one without.

Possibly—but come to think of it, a complicating factor to getting those characters in some sort of promotional release would be the fact that promotional figs generally don't have the kind of production or sales volume to justify new molds. Most of the sisters could conceivably use existing molds (Rosalyn's hairpiece could work for the fire sister, Azari's might be right for Quartzine, and if you opted for no ears then perhaps Anna's bun from some of the Frozen sets could work for Emily's grandmother), but there's no existing Elves hairpiece that'd be quite right for the water sister's very complex hairstyle.

I guess I can only hope that these characters either be released in mainstream sets, or that suitable hairpieces are introduced for other characters so that they can be recolored for a promotional release of some sort.

If the theme of 2018 is truly on the mermaids.

I supposed the appearance of a submarine city with perhaps the legendary sister of water.

5 hours ago, Euphorine said:

If the theme of 2018 is truly on the mermaids.

I supposed the appearance of a submarine city with perhaps the legendary sister of water.

There's a lot of potential for an ocean-based storyline. Perhaps the first half year of sets could focus on subjects near the shore or on the open ocean (ships, beaches, maybe something like a lighthouse), while the second half year could dive beneath the waves (with things like shipwrecks, sea serpents, and underwater cities or castles).

Of course, there's no telling what direction the Elves theme will head next year. Perhaps this sort of speculation could get its own topic? Obviously up to the mods, but I know a lot of other themes separate speculation/wishlists from the topic about the current year's sets.