I feel like we've had a lot of dragons in Lego in recent years, I'd like next year's Lego Elves story to have the elves rescuing Unicorns from Ragana, or maybe some dark elves...   

lego_dark_elves_001_by_steam_heart-d8hyk

Lego could easily make a unicorn horn piece that could fit in the hole in the forehead of their existing horse design.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4got2DtF7fkCShHKPgK9

I'd love unicorns, but I'd prefer them to be a new mold, just because. They'd need to have cuter, rounder heads, tiny, not full sized wings and be slightly larger than the Palace Pets pony mold. And obviously they'd need to be bright, pastel colors, maybe dual molded with trans colors for wings, mane and/or horn, like the dragon babies.

9 hours ago, Killian said:

I feel like we've had a lot of dragons in Lego in recent years, I'd like next year's Lego Elves story to have the elves rescuing Unicorns from Ragana, or maybe some dark elves...

Oh, I saw that image 1'5 year ago on DeviantArt :) Nice concept. However, Ragana and Kronan are actually dark elves, and I love their design :)

Now there's elves, dragons and goblins, it seems that here's clasical fantasy line :)  What about dwarves next year? There might be amazing crystal caves and underground castles, axes and beards! =) Also I would like to see new mounts, something like rideable volwes (as in Elfquest) or Chocobo from Final Fantasy

12 hours ago, Marishka said:

There might be amazing crystal caves and underground castles, axes and beards! =) Also I would like to see new mounts, something like rideable volwes (as in Elfquest) or Chocobo from Final Fantasy

I've been buying up transparent bricks of various colors to design a crystal cave. I need to start work on it at some point.     And I've given my Goblins some Wargs until something better comes along

1 hour ago, Killian said:

And I've given my Goblins some Wargs until something better comes along

What could be better than Wargs?

Also, the idea of a huge crystal cave sounds great, looking forward to pictures when you finish.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

What could be better than Wargs?

Dorgs—Wargs, but more cuddly and they can fetch the paper for you. :wink:

A crystal cave was what I was looking forward to when the last year's summer set was announced. What we got instead didn't look much like one :(

other than the 1st wave from year 1 where I missed out on around 3-4 sets I have the entire collections up to date , I built Rosalyns healing hideout the other day and it was better and bigger then I thought it would be

I just bought breakout from the goblin kings fortress along with azari and the goblin forest escape yesterday to complete the whole set both fantastic sets with some great play features I especially love the chomping plants part of the fortress, I also love playing with the drawbridge

its crazy how even though the theme is only 3yrs old it already has an immense amount of characters

On 6/22/2017 at 7:48 AM, FortNerd said:

A crystal cave was what I was looking forward to when the last year's summer set was announced. What we got instead didn't look much like one :(

Yeah, I saw how the crystal cave that the two bears live in looks like in one of the webisodes.   It could make a fun challenge to figure out which pieces are needed to build a larger version of the crystal cave than what the Goblin King's Evil Dragon set comes with.

I don't know if this is everywhere, by my local Walmart has put a few of the 2017 sets on clearance. The Goblin Village was only $25!

11 hours ago, Hythonia said:

I don't know if this is everywhere, by my local Walmart has put a few of the 2017 sets on clearance. The Goblin Village was only $25!

I seen it at that price too. From what I can tell it is about half of the Walmart's. 

We sure have given a lot of beautiful sets in the Elves line. My biggest problem is choosing which ones to display in my Lego corner!

I'm still missing most of this years sets. I finally picked up the Queen Dragon Rescue set . I love how long Ragana's castle is. And wow is that white dragon big even compared to my modified Skyra castle.

x7X7VrMh.jpg

Yeah, I've got treetop hideaway! It was luck to find it on sale in one on-line store. So last set I want for my collection is Skyra's Castle.

On 03.08.2017 at 2:00 AM, Iria said:

My biggest problem is choosing which ones to display in my Lego corner!

Ohh, I heve the same problem! I think once this will lead to buying new shelves!)) I always hold one set on my work table and replace witth any other sometimes.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:01 AM, Hythonia said:

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately only some Walmarts in my area marked it down this far...and according to BrickSeek they are all out of stock. :hmpf_bad:Some others in the area have it for $53 but that's not quite the same now, is it?

On my quest to find this, I discovered that the same stores had marked down Ragana's Castle to $49 (!)...a few weeks ago, so now they're all out of stock.*

YMMV, but it's worth looking into if you are still in the market for those sets. I wish I had taken better notes when the Dragon Sanctuary and Secret Market were retiring--I will probably never get those now because the aftermarket prices are so outrageous.

FYI the SKUs for the sets are:

55225091 for the Goblin Village

52440973 for Ragana's Castle

Happy Hunting!

*after fruitless BrickSeek searching anywhere within an hour of where I live, I found one on eBay, actually for less since there was no sales tax. :sweet:

Is everyone pretty sure this will be the theme's final year? I know that it has probably run its obligatory three years, so if it has not exceeded Lego's expectations, it probably will end.

If so, what would Lego perhaps have in store as a successor for a girl's action theme?

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

what would Lego perhaps have in store as a successor for a girl's action theme?

While I hope it's not the end of Elves, if it is I expect they'll let the Super Hero Girls theme do the heavy lifting for awhile.

After that--and after Elves has been laid to rest for a year or two--I expect a return to high fantasy but with Fairies instead. Wings instead of ears, flowy dresses, etc. Sets built similar to the Ant-Man set, with life-size brick-built objects, but Fairy-ized (ie a home built inside a flower, etc). This is all speculation; I know nothing.

I have gone on record before saying I would love a Friends-in-Space theme, but I don't think the sci-fi would appeal to the target demographic as well as fantasy themes, so I'd say its less likely, at least for now.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Oh there would be much sadness in our house if the Elves line were to finish. It is the favourite theme of our daughters for sure, and in fact my younger daughter was resisting Lego until ahe received the water dragon set and absolutely loved it. I think another high fantasy line could be compatible.  My girls aren't at all interested in the super heroes girl sets so would have to be content with Friends and city. 

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is everyone pretty sure this will be the theme's final year?

No, I don't think everyone is.

Just now, Tragic Banjo said:

No, I don't think everyone is.

As in you don't think so? Perhaps do you know otherwise?

I am sure this is not yet the ending of our favorite theme!  The netflix series premieres on August!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Oh closing this theme would be trouble for me :( I don't know which other theme is enough intresting for my taste. Some Ninjago sets, espesially from the movie, are awesome, but I would to buy only fantasy-like ones. Or, if once I'll get some sci-fi stuff, I'll rebuild it in elven style :) Anyway, this three years made me fan of this series and in case of bad news I'll continue building and making my own story, so if anyone want to make some fan project I would be glad to participate!

Btw here's my armored Aira, just to roughly estimate how this may look :)

1cb4ff83ad56433d29e07037ff87b22d.jpg

6 hours ago, Marishka said:

Oh closing this theme would be trouble for me :( I don't know which other theme is enough intresting for my taste. Some Ninjago sets, espesially from the movie, are awesome, but I would to buy only fantasy-like ones. Or, if once I'll get some sci-fi stuff, I'll rebuild it in elven style :) Anyway, this three years made me fan of this series and in case of bad news I'll continue building and making my own story, so if anyone want to make some fan project I would be glad to participate!

Btw here's my armored Aira, just to roughly estimate how this may look :)

Very nice! I bought a big bag of hairless minidolls at BrickFair largely for that very reason. I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye to Elves just yet...