Much as I love the Lego Elves, I feel like there needs to be lots more new characters, especially new elves! I'd love to see some characters that look like some of the awesome background characters in the webisodes. 

I've been having fun mixing up different lego parts to make my own original Elves!  

MyElves_zps5we1ml3v.jpg

Edited by Killian

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Much as I love the Lego Elves, I feel like there needs to be lots more new characters, especially new elves! I'd love to see some characters that look like some of the awesome background characters in the webisodes. 

I've been having fun mixing up different lego parts to make my own original Elves!  

MyElves_zps5we1ml3v.jpg

They're soo cool!! Really amazing designs, looks like minidolls at last gained variety that they should have to become enough customizable. It's great that there's four minidoll series this year, I hope there will be a lot of new accesorises in future. And again I regret that I didn't buy any set from LotR or Hobbit

Edited by Marishka

7 hours ago, Killian said:

Great mixture of purist elves, Killian! I agree that Lego Elves seriously lacks characters. I've modified some of my doubles using paint because I have few mini-dolls outside of elves, but your result looks a lot more unique. You integrated a decent range of colour and styles.

Edited by Iria

I agree, your custom elves look great! I have been hoping for awhile that minidoll variety would increase to make it easier for good customs, and your photo is proof that we're getting there, however slowly. Obviously there is no way 'dolls will ever have all the options that minifigs do (they have about 40 years to catchup!) but I wish we could see a little more variety in them, particularly in Elves (or other non-city-type outfits--I would love a sci-fi/space minidoll theme).

In the meantime, the occasional new character or variants of existing characters will have to do.

For clothing it is easy to change with Friend and Disney parts. And you have a very good mixte Killian.

But the big difficulty is to vary the hair. And for Elves men it's very hard ! The variety is so poor.

10 hours ago, Killian said:

Ooh... Wonder if it's out in the UK?  Gonna check today

So far it seems that Poland are a few weeks ahead of us, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye out for it.

36 minutes ago, kaiju said:

So far it seems that Poland are a few weeks ahead of us, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye out for it.

given that Ameet, the publisher of these, is located in our city, we're kinda in a privileged position :)

Hi everyone!
We made a short stop motion video about Blubeary the Momma Bear :-)

To create this video we used three sets:
LEGO ELVES The Capture of Sophie Jones (LEGO 41182) 
LEGO ELVES The Goblin King's Evil Dragon (LEGO 41183)
LEGO ELVES Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village set (LEGO 41185)

51 minutes ago, SWNELoveAngel said:

Cute video!  And so is the one with the panther! [That's also from the Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village set]

Thank you!

On 2/2/2017 at 4:14 AM, Exetrius said:

200c201186.jpg 

Seems like the castle actually has a lot of depth to it, contrary to what I expected. 

Is that round piece around the portal a new element?

6 minutes ago, Bentonton said:

Is that round piece around the portal a new element?

It's the new 4x4 quarter circle tiles, which has appeared in sets like the Assembly Square and the Ninjago Dragon's Forge among others.

That's cute!   Looks like a lot of fun!

I'm planning to get that set soon (well, two of it actually --- to make it look more like the still pictures from the webisodes).   I tried out building on LDD how it could look.

Teaser image of one of my current Elves projects, I hope to have time to finish it over the next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If only they made this stuff in yellow instead of flesh... this could have been useful for mixing with other themes...

Maybe, but even Friends uses realistic skin tones instead of yellow (which gives me the impression that like the mini-doll itself, the use of realistic skin tones in mini-doll themes was a result of the "yellow" figures testing worse with girls). Additionally, considering a good portion of elf hairpieces with pointed ears from other themes come from the Lord of the Rings theme (that also uses fleshies), and that other mini-doll themes all also use more realistic skin tones, Elves as a theme would conversely be LESS compatible with parts from other themes if it used yellow figures, since creating custom Elves figures would become that much harder if you couldn't use figure parts from the aforementioned themes.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Maybe, but even Friends uses realistic skin tones instead of yellow (which gives me the impression that like the mini-doll itself, the use of realistic skin tones in mini-doll themes was a result of the "yellow" figures testing worse with girls). Additionally, considering a good portion of elf hairpieces with pointed ears from other themes come from the Lord of the Rings theme (that also uses fleshies), and that other mini-doll themes all also use more realistic skin tones, Elves as a theme would conversely be LESS compatible with parts from other themes if it used yellow figures, since creating custom Elves figures would become that much harder if you couldn't use figure parts from the aforementioned themes.

Ok I expressed myself in an incorrect way.

You can't use Elve's hairpieces in a "yellow" MOC, so being LOTR the only castle/fantasy theme with realistic skin-tones, you miss the chance to blend Elves' hairpieces with dozens of castle themes we had throughout the years. You can IMPORT useful pieces from other themes to Elves, but seldom you can EXPORT Elves' pieces to other themes, and since Elves will die eventually, the other way around could have been impressively more useful. But as you pointed out, probably would have sold less.
So, regrets.

10 hours ago, Bentonton said:

Would definitely consider Harry Potter to be a Castle/Fantasy theme.

Looks like you're in the wrong thread :wink:

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Looks like you're in the wrong thread :wink:

I was confused at first too, but I think he was responding to Itaria's comment about LotR being "the only castle/fantasy theme with realistic skin-tones". A lot of Castle fans might disagree about Harry Potter being a Castle/Fantasy theme, since it has even more post-industrial elements than LEGO Elves (the Hogwarts Express, the Weasley's car, many of the characters' outfits, etc). But the outfits of characters like Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Trelawney would be plenty compatible with Castle layouts, and there's generally nothing expressly modern about most of the characters' faces (which are the most you'd absolutely need LEGO elf ears to match).