^I still think that looks like a portal in the fortress. An evil portal.

4 hours ago, Iria said:

^I still think that looks like a portal in the fortress. An evil portal.

What else could it, honestly? 

Oh, hail to elven gods, the castle looks way better than on box prelims! That's great news, it's not a strange-colored doll house, as I thought about it :)

Portal is dark, not like in Skyra's castle - may be it leads to dark world? And I like that nice classic feature such as bridge on chains :)

Edited by Marishka

29 minutes ago, Marishka said:

Meanwhile I've got new set! If it's allowed before official release, I may post more photos

I don't see why it shouldn't be—there's no real embargo or anything, and I'm assuming you got it legitimately even if the person you purchased it from may not have been supposed to put it up for sale this early. I'd particularly love to see some pictures of the build process!

Speaking of release date, I'm still not sure when these sets are supposed to come out in the United States. I expected March, and they do appear on the March Lego Store calendar, but curiously they are not listed as "new for March" on that same calendar (unlike other sets like Minecraft and Speed Champions). Hard to tell if that's merely an omission or if it's possible that they might become available a few weeks earlier or something.

I don't see why it shouldn't be—there's no real embargo or anything, and I'm assuming you got it legitimately even if the person you purchased it from may not have been supposed to put it up for sale this early. I'd particularly love to see some pictures of the build process!

So it's nice! :) I were eager to build it, so I don't take photos of the process, but I sure there's some intresting features and techniques that I didn't see in Elves sets before so I'll post some tomorrow. And overall it's very impressive with its black thorns and movable wings. Also evil dragon have more freedom of movement than "good" four-legged dragons because of bionicle ball joints on neck, wings and tail.

19 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Speaking of release date, I'm still not sure when these sets are supposed to come out in the United States. I expected March, and they do appear on the March Lego Store calendar, but curiously they are not listed as "new for March" on that same calendar (unlike other sets like Minecraft and Speed Champions). Hard to tell if that's merely an omission or if it's possible that they might become available a few weeks earlier or something.

The only place I have seen them listed myself was Argos (one of those warehouse places that you order from the catalogue out front and they bring it out or you, FYI) and it says New for March, though I am going to take a nose throughout the month in case they decide to fill some shop-floor display space with a set or two. (There is a wall of all the Batman sets right now) Might be able to grab one early.

In the goblin king dragon set apparently the dragon is called ashwing and is mind controlled (by the king). The bear is called Bluebeary and the hamster (which is supposed to be the Bears child from what I can gather) is called Lil'Blu.

Edited by DragonElves

3 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Could someone confirm whether the shields with the Goblin King logo are printed or stickered?

There's no telling from the pictures, yet. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst... However, in the Goblin Village set is a 1x1 round tile with the Goblin King mark, and those are always printed. :classic:

5 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Sadly stickered probably. I really hated when I get Skyra Castle and Ragana Castle and BOTH shields were stickers.

These are at least slightly more likely to be printed than those, considering the same decoration seems to be used across multiple sets (the village in the winter and the castle in the summer). But they could still very easily be stickered.

So pictures have started to show up from Toy Fair of the Elves sets. The Goblin King does include his evil amulet (gold with a green gem, as opposed to Emily's silver one with a blue gem) in the castle set.

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I have better question- In Brickshow video you can swee two weird gold parts in castle set - what are they?

fdf7877e68.jpg

Those are amulets. It seems like they can be fit around regular minifig head connections as well. Notice how the book has a sticker, but the shield definately looks printed to me! :excited: Oh, I also like the red plant pieces in the back (recolour I believe) and nice sand green tooth pieces.

Jang has the Elves sets from this years' first wave, I hope he does some reviews soon! :classic:

OHHHHHH THEY ARE SPARE AMULETS!

Yesterday me & Lordofdragonss spent waaaaay too much time trying to figure out what they were! It's so obvious now......:wacko:

Yeah, we've had a lot of new pictures and video, so let me share a few thoughts...

• The new curved 2x2x5 wall panels (which appear in The Goblin King's Fortress and Rosalyn's Healing Hideout) have a square cutout at the base and the top, allowing for building opportunities not offered by the traditional macaroni bricks (in addition to providing a more seamless look). These parts are essentially halved versions of 85941.
  • The rear of the Goblin King's fortess might offer some insight into the story. In particular, there's a portrait of the Goblin King as a younger child alongside an older elf woman. That might provide some clues as to his motivation for turning evil, or for constructing the portal.
  • Farran and Aira are still both unaccounted for in the summer sets. I can only hope that the mysterious fourth set listed on Brickset includes them...

2 hours ago, SWNELoveAngel said:

Would the link for the video be on the Lego Elves Media topic?

No, sorry. I was talking about The Brick Show's video of the new sets from Toy Fair:

If blue portals go back and forth to the human world, where do the green portal connect to?

Wonder who the elf girl in the little picture in the fortress. Perhaps it is Emily's grandmother, which would tie the Golblin King to Emily and Sophie.

13 hours ago, Iria said:

If blue portals go back and forth to the human world, where do the green portal connect to?

Wonder who the elf girl in the little picture in the fortress. Perhaps it is Emily's grandmother, which would tie the Golblin King to Emily and Sophie.

I think she's Goblin King's mom and the Elven Sister of Earth. This would explain why he has his own amulet.

7 hours ago, FortNerd said:

I think she's Goblin King's mom and the Elven Sister of Earth. This would explain why he has his own amulet.

I would LOVE if the story returned to the legend of the five sisters, considering that that felt like a plotline with a lot of potential but never even came into play in the second year's story.

Of course, it's also possible that she's just a regular elf. Maybe someone who died? Perhaps the "evil portal" bridges Elvendale with some sort of "land of the dead"? Or perhaps she merely traveled to another realm like Emily's grandmother. Whoever she is, I think it's likely that she plays a key role in the Goblin King's motivation, given how prominent a detail the portrait is in the castle.

EDIT: Seems like the new story may very well involve the legend of the five sisters. A new webisode was added to the Elves site, including the very first visual representation of all five of them—and based on their appearances, it would not be too far-fetched for the Goblin King (whose name was revealed to be Cronan) and Rosalyn to be related to the Earth and Water sisters, respectively.

Edited by Lyichir

Here is what I think of the links that unite the different characters. The new villain Cronan is there a family relationship to Emily Jones ?

chasse11.jpg

Edited by Euphorine