Rosalyn is presumably the name of the unidentified elf character from the new trailer. None of these names really indicate the presence of the dragon, though of course it could appear in any of the three sets without necessarily being the main subject (like the Wind Dragon in the Dragon Sanctuary).

13 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Rosalyn is presumably the name of the unidentified elf character from the new trailer. None of these names really indicate the presence of the dragon, though of course it could appear in any of the three sets without necessarily being the main subject (like the Wind Dragon in the Dragon Sanctuary).

well its nearly time for all the toy fairs to start happening so maybe the summer waves will tell us

Three sets with escape theme :) I'm interested about story. Cartoon tiser reminds Ninjago style and looks like it's concentrated on action than dialogs and relationship as past episodes.

12 hours ago, makoy said:

New info. Note: Google-translated names...

41186 - Azari & the escape from the Goblin King (€ 21.99)

The sets have now been posted on the dutch site SinQel.com.

I'm from the Netherlands but never heard of this site.

They call set 41186 'Azari & de ontsnapping uit het Goblinbos', which translates as: 'Azari & the Escape from Goblin Forest'. They have it at € 19,99.

It looks like our Elves are going to do a lot of escaping this year.

Edited by Vampirerichard

In all seriousness, though, I'm starting to worry a little that this might be the last year of Elves. It's the theme's third year (a common ending point for many multi-year themes), there are fewer sets this year than last (though Brickset still lists one additional summer set number, which could be promising), and the animated series moving to Netflix reminds me uncomfortably of Bionicle's end last year (though Disney Channel repeatedly proved itself to be a poor home for the series and we're due to get more content in the Netflix series than both previous years combined).

I don't know. It might just be paranoia stemming from Bionicle's cancellation. But Elves is pretty much my favorite Lego theme these days and unless it were replaced by an even better successor, its end would be a major disappointment for me.

23 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

In all seriousness, though, I'm starting to worry a little that this might be the last year of Elves...

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right, the time could be here for it to retire. Unless it has been an absolute success like Ninjago was/is (coming back from the brink of cancellation) I suppose it probably is due.

What would succeed it though? A Friends-in-Space theme? Naturally I would love it if Elves continued (and introduced more characters, for better customization), but Sci-Fi could be a logical next step for a minidoll theme, and I'd be down with that, too.

It seems like a lot of build up to just cancel....new characters and new shows... I love this line and think they are doing really cool things with it.... Elves Advent, anyone?! They could do lots of interesting things with Elves (I mean, arent they really the unsung heros of Santa's whole operation? : ) ) perhaps the could get up to more interesting things that like...idk...require builds??? (sarcasm font.)

As a mother of a girl in Lego's target Demo for their female centered lines I can say my daughter is tiring of the Friends characters....she has so, so many copies of Mia.  (Introduce some more Friends, for the love!) I have a box of repeats that I keep away from her sets. My daughter was so excited at the prospect of Sophie and more Elves.

I hope a previous posters' thoughts were true and the we have a couple more years ahead with story lines relating to the other Elven powers. Unicorns! Merpeople! Other neat imaginative things!

Love the new Elves sets! Always great to have more villains. I think this will be the first year of Elves where I buy every set!  (My poor Wallet) 

I like the new LEGO® Elves. I think, LEGO wanted to copy the movie "Trolls" and "Despicable Me" with goblins minions of a bad guy, for the storyline. 
But I hate the new graphics of the cartoon. It's too sad. Before it was too beautiful.
I don't know, why they changed this.

10 hours ago, Euphorine said:

I like the new LEGO® Elves. I think, LEGO wanted to copy the movie "Trolls" and "Despicable Me" with goblins minions of a bad guy, for the storyline. 
But I hate the new graphics of the cartoon. It's too sad. Before it was too beautiful.
I don't know, why they changed this.

While discussion of the episodes is more fitting for the topic in the Media subforum, I have to disagree about the style of the new Netflix series. While I was certainly a fan of the previous style I grew tired of complaints about how it had "nothing to do with Lego" due to the overall lack of brick-based characters, settings, and props. The new style has more in common with the actual mini-dolls and sets (which I still think are beautiful in their own way), while retaining the fluid and expressive 2D animation that made the older episodes so great.

Speaking of the new art style, Lego just uploaded a teaser for the updated Elves app for this year, which shows a little more of the new toy-based animation style.

courtesy of lordofdragonss <3

Edited by FortNerd
removed pic

Oh, there's that big wall pieces and simple build like in sets of Disney princess, looks poor in comparison to Ragana's Castle masterpiece. May be it's more suitable for little children , so ,sigh, okay. I'll keep hunting for last set of 2016 that I did't bought yet.

Edited by Marishka

On 19-1-2017 at 8:26 PM, Euphorine said:

After 2 years, I find it just ridiculous to change the graphics for the cartoon.

I agree, a Animated Lego show does NOT need to feature Lego parts.

The show was looking perfect just the way it was, the characters looked elegant, now they look like Dwarf children.

Edited by Vampirerichard

1 hour ago, Vampirerichard said:

now they look like Dwarf children.

Oh yes, It's so strange and I don't like this...It's pretty...but strange after 2 years with looking perfect.

Also the boxes and promotional pictures in site web are beautiful, but the cartoon is ugly. 
LEGO don't assume its choices?

Edited by Euphorine
correction

After watching a few videos, I have to say that I prefer the old animation much more to the new animation.  Mind you, I don't think the new animation is bad.  I just don't like it as much.

Unicorn of fire, Emily's sword, new dragon. new elf....
What do you think ?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Confidential Stamped Images Removed.

Dragon set with new character looks like a must-have set to me :) But I can't say that about bad guy's castle. Fire pegasus is quite cool. It seems that there's no large sets this year. 

5 hours ago, Marishka said:

Dragon set with new character looks like a must-have set to me :) But I can't say that about bad guy's castle. Fire pegasus is quite cool. It seems that there's no large sets this year. 

Don't be so sure. Brickset has one more set listed after these three, most likely some sort of retailer exclusive. And it's not unheard of for one of those to be the biggest set of the year—look at the Samurai X Cave set from the Ninjago theme last year.