Boomerang! And I like the new swirly gold pieces! I expect they'll give an extra amulet - with all the playing that goes on here, that'll likely get lost (I prefer the printed one - though this way it can transfer between sisters/get stolen, depending on the storyline).

Also the Venus fly traps, the use of the new half-circle tiles and slide pieces, and that they've developed a different aesthetic for the goblin houses.  Less elven floatiness and pointy stuff, more solid with squat arches and curved rather than peaked roofs.

Edited by DangAndBlast
Add more :)

LOVE the new airship - at first, I was a bit worried that it would be too similar to the Raid Zeppelin, but it's refreshingly new and inspired!

New sets are very interesting, especially the Goblin Village. There are a lot of wonderful pieces. Aira's Airship is so detailed, I like it.

I'm not crazy about the dragon. I prefer last year's four-legged dragons, as opposed to the Ninjago-style two-legged dragons, which look like big chickens to me. 

BUT ... I love the airship. What a beautiful set. The buildings look great too. The little goblin guys are cute, but the lack of articulation kinda sucks. 

Overall, the Elves design team continues to crush it. Honestly, in an era of endless repeats of Batmobiles, police stations, and X-wing fighters, Elves is easily the most creative theme Lego has come out with in 15 years. 

Exciting stuff!

Naida's Gondola is a nice smaller set, though its play features are nothing too exciting. Naida's new costume looks great, and it's the only of the new elf costumes we really get to see in great detail since these pics generally seem smaller than many of the pics we've gotten for other themes. Each goblin seems to have some sort of dispatch from the Goblin King (marked with his eye insignia).

The little shop in "The Capture of Sophie Jones" is quite nice, and makes good use of that new curve piece from the Volkswagen Beetle. The purple squirrel is cute though we have had a squirrel in the Elves theme before. I guess he sells acorn butter? The return of the little gold acorns is a nice touch, as is the new portal. Sophie is a cool new character but would be more distinctive if she were more visibly younger than Emily.

The Goblin King's evil dragon is quite fearsome indeed! Lots of great Spring Yellowish Green parts in that set, including CCBS shells. The goblin king is a neat design and his crown is similar to Ragana's, though it is somewhat curious that he's not as colorful as the other goblins. Maybe an elf usurper? Great use of the Nexo Knights pyramid piece on the crystals in this and other sets.

Aira's Airship is fantastic, and I love the curvy gold railings that meet at the prow of the gondola! There seems to be a pretty cool function with the dragon wings on the sides. Cool recolors for the dragon wings, boomerang, crossbow, propeller, and more. The new art vine/railing piece is fabulous! The set as a whole feels delightfully steampunk and art nouveau. It's also cool that Emily now has a new piece for her amulet! Previously it's just been printed on her torso.

The Goblin Village is fantastic. Their little houses are a much different style than the previous elf buildings, and are just as charming as their cobbled-together machines in the smaller sets. The goblins themselves are adorable and packed with personality. This set has two great new animal recolors (a cat and a lizard). The environment is also really distinctive and different from past Elves environments, with venus flytraps and spooky Earth Blue trees with red thorns. I love that one of the goblins has a guitar, as I've been wanting the Elves theme to include more musical instruments for some time!

Overall, I think all of these sets are on my wish list, at least until we find out about the summer sets at New York Toy Fair. I'm super excited for both these sets and the corresponding Netflix series!

1 hour ago, Joebot said:

I'm not crazy about the dragon. I prefer last year's four-legged dragons, as opposed to the Ninjago-style two-legged dragons, which look like big chickens to me.

Ninjago has actually had more four-legged dragons than two-legged ones! Counting next year's Dragon Forge set, there have been nine four-legged dragons in Ninjago, seven two-legged dragons, and five no-legged dragons (mostly mini dragons and the smaller ghost dragons from the 2015 "Possession" wave). Two-legged dragons might more accurately be described as wyverns, but regardless of what LEGO calls them, I appreciate the variety they offer.

Edited by Aanchir

I'm happy with the sets overall. The overall feel is so much different than the very first wave in the Elves line. That one was basically a 'LEGO friends in an alternate universe' with sets like a bakery, spa, workshop, tree house etc with no baddies whereas this one has a lot more conflict elements what with the nets, spears and catapults and clear antagonists.

I agree about the dragon, it looks very different than the ones from the previous wave and I'm not sure I like that. I don't know if its supposed to be related to the other dragons or if its a totally new storyline with yet again a dragon coincidently involved .  It has the look and feel of the dragons from the fantasy era Castle lines mixed with the Ninjago dragons or for those old enough to remember... the dragons from the Vikings line.

Edited by BearHeart

4 hours ago, Joebot said:

Overall, the Elves design team continues to crush it. Honestly, in an era of endless repeats of Batmobiles, police stations, and X-wing fighters, Elves is easily the most creative theme Lego has come out with in 15 years.

Exactly this. When the theme was first announced, I liked the designs but thought I would never end up buying them. Then my wife saw them and told me I had to get them. Well, twist my arm then...

I don't own every set (2016 was a lot pricier than 2015) but it's the first theme in a long time where I see the sets as more than just parts packs. Elves sets are the only ones in my house that are still on display rather than being parted out. The designs are so charming and well-done I feel like they really hold a lot of value above nearly every other theme.

There is a wealth of new parts but that gold embellishment alone makes the theme worth it, and the airship a must-buy (as if it didn't already have enough going for it!)

I had better start saving now, because I am going to want multiples of every one of these if I can manage it.

Edited by rodiziorobs

My 8 year old has been collecting the dragons and Pegasus Sleigh so I can hang them from her ceiling.  She'll be thrilled with the airship and the newest dragon.  Those will look great.

No surprise, I'm totally in and I'm interrested by the 5 sets. I love the details, the colors, the pieces...just one thing, from what we had seen, I was totally for the dark red and drak blue in the big set but purple is okay even if I was soooo happy for dark red and dark blue... I could do it if I wanted after all... Anyway, I really like how LEGO did the constructions on these sets ! For me it's okay, merci LEGO :)

I think these sets look fantastic.  Great colors and new pieces.  The airship is an awesome set and I agree that it is way better than the ninjago one.  Lego has done a great job with these. 

As much I like final version of the Vilage I like it more on preliminary picture where one house had red roof that matched the colorsheme of the house better.
Goblins look better than I even hoped for, so that's cool. Very glad they are using the Scurrier hands!
The airship looks great but it seems there is barrely any space on it because of the action feature on the back :/
And the Dragon is a Wyvern.  Is the mouse in this set tries to be a Baby Bear? Hahahah.

I like the fact that the little squirel shop is actualy better set than I thought. Great new prints including bug in the jar!

The Goblin Village looks fantastic. It's nice to have a new building style introduced in the theme. As nice as the airship looks, I wish it was a bit more innovative in design - it's basically a mashup of Naida's Adventure ship and the Ninjago airship, with some nice twirly gold trim. That said I'll probably eventually pick it up because it does look great.

I am let down by the Gondalla, but I can't expect much from the lowest price set. I was totally confused when I first heard that Naida was getting a gondola, because this is what they look like where I live:

24HEADS2-master768.jpg

Oh, it looks like we are finally getting some weapons in theme. Get ready for some goblin-elves battles. I wonder why that orange goblin has a mandolin balalaika, haha.

Edited by Iria

Very fairytale like houses. Nice. I like the acornbutter and the stag beetle in a jar. And a lot of good parts. Too bad i really don't dig minidolls and their cute animals and villains

•  41181 Naida's Gondola and the Goblin Thief ‎‎-The builds are meh, but somehow there's two exclusive characters. Why on earth does Friends have to reuse every part a bijillion times but every set beside this one has four new mini doll parts. >:( Okay enough ranting. :P I do like Naida's dress though. It's neat every set has an exclusive goblin, they're certainly better than Kryptomites.
  • 41182 The Capture of Sophie Jones-The builds here are lovely and creative, the hut is a bit repetitive but oh well. ACORNS!!!!I think Sophie looks very close to Emily, down to the shorts! It would've been nice to have seen her in glasses or shorter or fatter or with braces. Sigh. It's strange she's reusing Natasha's hair, when there's so many Friends' hairpieces to choose from that can hold accessories. I don't understand why they chose a squirrel again, there's so many animals that haven't been Elves-ifyed yet!
  • 41183 The Goblin King's Evil Dragon-Am I really the only one sick of Elves dragons? I mean this is our sixth in a year and a half, but at least this one looks a bit different. There's some clever techniques and the two legs make it look different than the others.The colour scheme looks better than it did in prelims, magenta could've been ditched for a complete red though. The goblin king is spectacular though! It's interesting to see Elves get three sets with male characters on their own and none of the other mini doll themes have that yet. It's neat to see a different way of capturing a baby bear. :P
  • 41184 Aira's Airship & the Amulet Chase-Perfect. I love everything. The design, the pieces, the colour scheme! Spectacular! Emily definitely stole her outfit from me, leggings! LEGGINGS! :D Oh and the amulet is separate too now! Aira's outfit is hideous but at least she got a boomerang! It would've been nice to see her in lavender
  • 41185 Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village‎-speaking of hideous...that colour scheme. Ew. It honestly looks like a preliminary image. There's an awful lot of recolours, which is nice and there's some clever techniques but the build just looks garish. I can't wait to see the interior of these! Azari and Farran look very similar to previous versions, which is disappointing as she could've worn yellow and he could've worn spring green. The chameleon looks useful!
  • (Sorry about links, I copy and pasted my thoughts from bricki and it won't let me remove them. :S)
Edited by Soupperson1

I am ITCHING to put the Cinderella wheel piece on the front of that balloon...but then the wind symbol would stick out too much :(

Elves is definitely getting better and better. I like this wave, especially the airship. Huge improvement over the Ninjago one. 

On 11/19/2016 at 1:53 AM, Iria said:

Oh, it looks like we are finally getting some weapons in theme. Get ready for some goblin-elves battles. I wonder why that orange goblin has a mandolin balalaika, haha.

The weapons aren't quite a first for the theme — 41176 had a sword and shield, 41179 had a crossbow, and 41180 had a shield and catapult! I agree that we are seeing an increase in conflict play scenarios, which is probably in part due to the greater number of enemy characters.

I love all  these sets...kinda meh about another dragon.  Maybe next year they can  have some adventures with unicorns.  That would send my daughter's heart (and mine,) aflutter.

Oh yeah! Goblin king seems like he's a dark elf!! Like somebody heard my wishes :) And that wyvern's gaze - they're awesome! I absolutely like that set, it's nuber one to me :) 

I see in pictures of 2017 sets that Goblin King have wand with green crystal as Ragana has. (oh my poor english, please, exuse me!) Also, combination of green, black and magenta remind her style.

May be he have simillar source of dark power? If it's so, it will add depth to Elves' world. What if there's some kind of mighty dark creature or god behind that that green magic? And there's some cool good elven gods exists also! I would be nice to see them :) They would be kinda of bionicles in elven style :D 

I hope such guesswork is not against the rules of the topic :)

6 hours ago, Marishka said:

May be he have simillar source of dark power? If it's so, it will add depth to Elves' world. What if there's some kind of mighty dark creature or god behind that that green magic? And there's some cool good elven gods exists also! I would be nice to see them :) They would be kinda of bionicles in elven style :D 

I hope such guesswork is not against the rules of the topic :)

Oh, that would make for some great lore (great sets too)! :sweet: The only problem is, that TLG is very reluctant in using concepts linked to religion, like gods, demons, angels, etc. 

Kinda new to Elves, but from my understanding/reading this sets will release in March? Never thought I would buy sets with minidolls, but I guess there's a first time for everything..