To me they are nothing like goblin as we think them. They have hair and pointy ears, and small bodies, like new molds.

Well, "goblins" as a concept are pretty hard to generalize, since they've been depicted so many vastly different ways over the centuries. For instance, Tolkien's Goblins/Orcs were grotesque warriors, human-sized if not larger, and some other modern fantasy works take inspiration from that portrayal. But many goblins in traditional folklore and even in pop culture are more diminutive and mischievous.

Anyway, the new sets sound as creative and exciting as ever! Seems like LEGO Elves hasn't lost its touch.

Does not sound promising to me. I was hoping the goblins might be more suited to a minifigure Castle theme, but it does not seem to be the case.

Does not sound promising to me. I was hoping the goblins might be more suited to a minifigure Castle theme, but it does not seem to be the case.

HAHAHAHA yeah you will not like them.

HAHAHAHA yeah you will not like them.

I imagine they're more like Zelfs or the trolls that Robert8 posted?

i don't know what i think about Elves 2017. I like the idea of little and vicious goblins.

But I find the story proposed on the theme of a kidnaping is not very magical and fantasy to me.

Edited by Euphorine

Goblin village description sounds nice, I like small smart buildings. I had idea to build some kind of houses for little creatures and I intrested how Lego will make it.

And I'm excited about evil dragon, also it's set with unique figure for not such high price.

i don't know what i think about Elves 2017. I like the idea of little and vicious goblins.

But I find the story proposed on the theme of a kidnaping is not very magical and fantasy to me.

kf-labyrinth-film-narrow.jpg

I beg to differ.

If there is a minidoll that looks enough like Jareth, I may get it just for collection purposes. And I never thought I'd actually say anything like that about minidolls. But I think this would be the only one.

It has got to be at least a little hint to Jareth... The hairpiece used for the CMF 80s Rocker Grrrl and Glam Metal guy could be used, or an outfit... Designers know that fans love little nods like that.

And in celebration: (but who needs an excuse greater than "goblin king" to share some Bowie eh?)

It has got to be at least a little hint to Jareth... The hairpiece used for the CMF 80s Rocker Grrrl and Glam Metal guy could be used, or an outfit... Designers know that fans love little nods like that.

While it would be a nice nod, if they wanted to do a tribute they could easily just use Dimensions. It was already said that the figure was using the series 15 King's hairpiece so it's unlikely he'll look like Jareth. The Scooby-Doo Goblin King movie had no references to the Bowie one, but then again there's no shame in hoping!

While it would be a nice nod, if they wanted to do a tribute they could easily just use Dimensions. It was already said that the figure was using the series 15 King's hairpiece so it's unlikely he'll look like Jareth. The Scooby-Doo Goblin King movie had no references to the Bowie one, but then again there's no shame in hoping!

Was that it? I thought there was mention of a CMF crown piece, not a hair piece.

Series 15 has no king. It has queen. :)

The prelims for Elves 2017 are out in the wild. The goblins look neat, the prelims show them as all one color so I wonder how they will actually be detailed. I'm not sure if they will be all different skin colors or if the different colors represent different hair / outfit color themes. They are a little like the troll toys from the 90s but their hair is not as extreme. 

41181 - Cool little brick built boat, sort of kayak-like, and small riverside scene with green goblin.

41182 - Little kiosk like the dragon school without the tree part. Weird goblin machine that is mostly technic with a black basketball hoop to catch Sophie with. Small portal build. Blue goblin.

41183 - The dragon coloring is really weird, I don't get how they are going to make this look right but maybe it will work out in the final version. Comes with a small waterfall scene with a blue baby bear and a purple goblin.

41184 - Aira's blimp looks like the Ninjago set combined with Naida's boat. Too lavender for me but nice gold piping and prow. 

41185 - The village has 3 separate buildings. Blue, yellow, and purple goblin. The scaled down buildings for the goblins are neat, they have brick built doors about 3 bricks high. Catapult with some sort of "nexo globlins" being fired. Crazy dark blue trees with purple leaves and red spikes. One building is more like a tree with a cave under it. Yellow/orange cat is caged under the tree. Green chameleon in the tree. Neat mine cart. Black shield with an eye on it, pretty nice design. 

Edited by Vorkosigan

I'm sure that I'm getting Naida's gondola,it looks good.

Also the boxes are more gender neutral to me,that's really good.I hope the line will stay.For the Goblin king,I'm not that sure if it's a Labyrinth reference.

We're not allowed to post prelims in here, right?

In any case, Elves has officially become Minidoll Ninjago :D The color scheme seems much less girly, especially in the village. No more pastel unicorn barf... I kinda miss it :P

I'm getting the Airship and gondola.

Edit: some of the Goblins seem to be holding a 2x1 tile with a pic of a human on it, wonder what that's about?

Edited by FortNerd
adding to post

Probably a "wanted person" picture. Each set has them.

It's funny to say but Goblins look exactly like I wanted them to look!

I also like the fact we are getting new Elvish animals!

Those look interesting. My daughter has liked the series so far. I'm sure she will be thrilled to see some new sets for it. This hobby is expensive as it is, without kids. I'd highly recommend everyone to not let their kids get involved in LEGO...:tongue:

I'm not entirely convinced by the 2017 wave, but I'll wait for official pics to make up my mind about them.