Goblins sound like a great addition to the Elves line. Hopefully they look suitably evil.

I'm quite interested as to how the Goblin Dragon turns out. I figure it will be dark green, maybe with horns?

Also happy to hear that the Goblins come in several small sets. Maybe I'll pick one up.

I hope not. Firstly, because I love Emily as a character and wouldn't want the story to abandon her. Secondly, because it doesn't really feel like it makes sense—after all, there are plenty of adult characters in Elvendale itself, and plenty of adults in the real world, obviously, so why couldn't adults travel between the two?

Well to be clear I'm not rooting for it, its just an idea that occurred to me. There are adults in Narnia as well, but obviously they're very different stories.

Also, I suspect the Goblins will be divided into 4 elements just like the dragon babies, so you'd have something to collect within the sets.

Since my daughter loves Elves and really loves the Rainbow Magic series books (which involves various fairies AND goblins) she will flip knowing there will be goblins coming out with the Elves sets.

Unfortunately, it will make us go broke trying to keep up with sets she wants AND sets I want...

But the prices look decent for Italian prices anyway. I don't know how that translates to USD.

Yaaas. Goblins

I am looking forward to see what we get in these new sets then. My sister will be pleased when I tell her.

German set names

41181 Naidas Gondel und derdiebische Kobold (Naidas gondola and the Thieving goblin)

41182 Die Gefangennahme von Sophie Jones (The Capture of Sophie Jones)

41183 Der böse Drache des Kobold-Königs (The evil dragon of the Goblin King)

41184 Airas Luftschiff und die Jagd nach dem Amulett (Airas airship and the hunt for the amulet)

41185 Magische Rettung ausdem Kobold-Dorf (Magic rescue from the Goblin Village)

I wonder if they'll introduce female goblins

Well seeing how each set seems to include one and its a themed marketed towards girls it be rather weird if they didn't.

I can't wait to see the size of these goblins compared to minidolls as the amount of characters in these sets seem to be at minifigure level!

41184 Airas Luftschiff und die Jagd nach dem Amulett (Airas airship and the hunt for the amulet)

I did say once they should make Emily's amulet into a separate piece (one that can be worn as a necklace, or stuck on top of a staff, or stuck in the hair peg holes....)

Could it be someone had the same idea? :D

Thanks for the set names, "The Cobra!" Lego Elves continues to impress!

I am very excited to see the Lego Elves Goblin King. There are so many interesting design options, and many films come to mind. TLG could create a creepy appearance, like the Goblin King in "The Princess and the Goblin." Or, they could make him good looking, like Jareth the Goblin King in "Labyrinth." Looking forward to the sets even more now!

Also, regarding Sophie Jones, she might be a baby. A new baby mold for Friends would be welcome, could appear in the new Friends house set, and also appear here. Maybe, like "Labyrinth," Sophie is stolen by the Goblin King. He wants Emily's amulet, and will trade Sophie Jones for the amulet (because of the amulet's magic, it has to be given to him willingly). So, Emily has to rescue Sophie, her sister/cousin/etc. So many possibilities!

519uqAAi1tL.jpgtumblr_lx0nkv3iOQ1qlem2bo1_400.jpg

Edited by phanstasm

Almost certainly more like the left - goblins in fairy tale fantasy settings are typically grotesque (unless disguised) so they are likely to use the more architypal design standards

Edited by Shib

I did say once they should make Emily's amulet into a separate piece (one that can be worn as a necklace, or stuck on top of a staff, or stuck in the hair peg holes....)

Could it be someone had the same idea? :D

Like Sophie's stethoscope? Sure!

I am very excited to see the Lego Elves Goblin King. There are so many interesting design options, and many films come to mind. TLG could create a creepy appearance, like the Goblin King in "The Princess and the Goblin." Or, they could make him good looking, like Jareth the Goblin King in "Labyrinth." Looking forward to the sets even more now!

Also, regarding Sophie Jones, she might be a baby. A new baby mold for Friends would be welcome, could appear in the new Friends house set, and also appear here. Maybe, like "Labyrinth," Sophie is stolen by the Goblin King. He wants Emily's amulet, and will trade Sophie Jones for the amulet (because of the amulet's magic, it has to be given to him willingly). So, Emily has to rescue Sophie, her sister/cousin/etc. So many possibilities!

I doubt the goblin king will look human, we already have a human looking villain with Ragana why not go full "ugly"?! >:D Besides more mini doll variation is needed and what better way then with green goblins?

A baby would be cool, but I'd prefer children first. Besides they already saved a baby (dragon) the last time.

On a side note is anyone else dissatisfied that the evil dragon is of the Goblin King and not Ragana? :(

Edited by Soupperson1

Like Sophie's stethoscope? Sure!

I doubt the goblin king will look human, we already have a human looking villain with Ragana why not go full "ugly"?! >:D Besides more mini doll variation is needed and what better way then with green goblins?

"Full ugly" would certainly be cool! Although that does not keep to the current design trends of Friends/Elves/Disney Princess, you never know. :) Some kind of combination would be fun, like if the Goblin King has human features with green skin.

Also, cool that 2017 2016 (SWNELoveAngel caught my mistake :blush: - thanks!) is the 30th anniversary of Jim Henson's "Labyrinth," and his goblin characters.

Edited by phanstasm

Jim Henson's "Labyrinth" came out originally in 1986, not 1987. So this year was already its 30th anniversary.

On another note, there is a good 1987 movie that will be celebrating it's 30th anniversary in 2017 ---- The Princess Bride.

Edited by SWNELoveAngel

Hohoho, Jareth-like goblin king would be epic awesome!! I hope they will do so - girls gone mad from such kind of characters like Legolas, Loki and Nuada from hellboy movie. Will Lego really hit such huge crowd fans of elf-like handsome males?

If not, anyway it's great news.

Hohoho, Jareth-like goblin king would be epic awesome!! I hope they will do so - girls gone mad from such kind of characters like Legolas, Loki and Nuada from hellboy movie. Will Lego really hit such huge crowd fans of elf-like handsome males?

If not, anyway it's great news.

I don't think LEGO's going to try and make little girls swoon. :P

They are small creatures with hair and pointed ears, but in the pictures they are unfinished. They will have a small body like the red monsters from Nexo Knights.

They are looking like each one has a different colour.

I don't think LEGO's going to try and make little girls swoon. :P

Given what I've seen in the Ninjago fandom, I don't think they necessarily even have to try. Even the serpentine generals seem incredibly popular among the theme's female fans, so I reckon unless the goblin king is severely ugly (like, say, the one from The Hobbit), he'll probably become fairly popular with the ladies.