Leprechauns, huh? If that turns out to be the case it's a little hard to speculate about sets or settings... Perhaps next year the map will extend to the Forest of Deep Secrets in the South? Personally I'd been hoping for the Desertlands in the West or the Sparkling Sea to the East, since those would seem to offer more novelty. But who knows? I won't make any judgments until we see the final sets.

Leprechauns or Gnomes are earth related, which means I might be getting my earth themed castle after all.....

I fear they're castle will be a giant tree or a mushroom.

Did anyone else notice he said LeprechaunS, emphasis on the s. That means more than one, so that's all five characters and at least two leprechauns and I assume one other secondary elf in five sets! Last year we got 7 mini dolls across the course of ten, let's hope that's changing this year.

I fear they're castle will be a giant tree

I am SO on board with this. Unless it turns out meh like the treetop hideaway. (but If they can make it look more like the treetop hideaway concept art, well....I'll be all over it)

I am SO on board with this. Unless it turns out meh like the treetop hideaway. (but If they can make it look more like the treetop hideaway concept art, well....I'll be all over it)

The treetop hideaway is my favourite Elves set. :P There's concept art of it?

An earth castle would be amazing. Even if it were part of a massive tree, it would be grander than the Treetop Hideaway, because of the higher piece count of the castles. Plus we've already seen a lot of design improvements between the two Elves castle so far. I hope what ever they come up next year with will be interesting.

The treetop hideaway is my favourite Elves set. :P There's concept art of it?

28935918411_e1c7d19a14.jpg

There could also be some scenes of it in the early episodes, but I can't remember. I enjoyed the Treetop hideaway too. I just think it needed a bunch more leaves, which I ended up adding to my set.

Edited by Iria

Raganas castle is great especially with the dragon head on the tower. I think she should get her own Black and dark purple dragon next year.

Raganas castle is great especially with the dragon head on the tower. I think she should get her own Black and dark purple dragon next year.

We already have five dragon builds, I'd much rather they do something new.

We already have five dragon builds, I'd much rather they do something new.

New stuff is great, but there are a few advantages I can see to creating at least one new dragon in the future:

First of all, assuming the dragons have been successful, it will help the LEGO Group make the most of that momentum and maintain a sense of continuity, while still leaving plenty of room for new concepts. We've seen them do this sort of thing in other themes. For example, this year's Airjitzu Temple Grounds set from LEGO Ninjago caters to fans of last year's Airjitzu fliers without having to create a whole new series of them.

Second, just from an efficiency standpoint, the Queen Dragon head sculpt is only used in one set. LEGO isn't averse to introducing molds that only appear in one set (licensed themes do it all the time), but a shadow dragon would be a great opportunity to get some more use out of that mold without necessarily feeling like it's retreading old ground.

And third, since Ragana is established as a villain and has not been reformed or otherwise removed from the picture, she should ideally maintain some presence in the sets and story. A shadow dragon would be a good build to accompany her that would not feel like a retread of previous sets associated with her like the Shadow Castle.

All this said, introducing another dragon set or another set featuring Ragana is not urgent, because this year's summer sets will likely remain available through the first half of next year. So a set like that wouldn't necessarily have a void to fill until at least the second half of the year. At that point, all the previous dragon sets, as well as all the sets featuring Ragana, will be on the verge of retirement, if not retired already, creating a prime opportunity to introduce new sets fulfilling both those criteria.

I would also welcome a black/shadow dragon as I think it would help to balance out the good vs evil sides a bit. It is far too one-sided otherwise. It would also add to the display- and play-ability of Ragana's castle. My second daughter (age 6) always favours the scary characters in stories so she would be absolutely thrilled to have a shadow dragon.

Personaly I would preffer Ragana changing herself to Dragon - she is a fire elf and all!

That would be quite awesome and is honestly something I expected might happen after Ragana's elf body was destroyed in "Dragons in Danger to Save, Part 2". But then in "Down a Dark Path" she regains physical form looking basically the same as before. That doesn't entirely rule out the possibility of that happening through other means in the future, but from the webisodes I've seen I figure they still have stories they want to tell involving Ragana as an elf.

That would be quite awesome and is honestly something I expected might happen after Ragana's elf body was destroyed in "Dragons in Danger to Save, Part 2". But then in "Down a Dark Path" she regains physical form looking basically the same as before. That doesn't entirely rule out the possibility of that happening through other means in the future, but from the webisodes I've seen I figure they still have stories they want to tell involving Ragana as an elf.

The webisodes play a different story to the sets, in the product video it shows Ragan breaking out of her prison at the end. I don't see why she couldn't return (in a new outfit? :O) as a minidoll. It be better as others said to have another evil member to balance it out rather than have Ragana doubling up.

The webisodes play a different story to the sets, in the product video it shows Ragan breaking out of her prison at the end. I don't see why she couldn't return (in a new outfit? :O) as a minidoll. It be better as others said to have another evil member to balance it out rather than have Ragana doubling up.

You seem to have missed the point of what my brother was saying—Ragana regains her body in the fourth TV episode, meaning that she could definitely return in a new outfit. Now, I don't know whether that's going to happen or not (as her return in that episode may simply have been to justify her continued use in subsequent webisodes rather than having anything to do with next year's sets), but I certainly wouldn't mind her continued use as a major villain!

No pics, but at least I can bring you set names and Italian prices:

10 € = La gondola di Naida e il goblin ladro (Naida's gondola & the goblin thief)

20 € = La cattura di Sophie Jones (The capture of Sophie Jones)

30 € = Il drago malvagio del Re Goblin (Gblin King's evil dragon)

40 € = La barca volante di Aira e l'inseguimento di .... (Aira's flying boat and ....'s pursuit)

60 € = Salvataggio magico dal villaggio dei goblin (Magic rescue from the goblin village)

10 € = La gondola di Naida e il goblin ladro (Naida's gondola & the goblin thief)

40 € = La barca volante di Aira e l'inseguimento di .... (Aira's flying boat and ....'s pursuit)

60 € = Salvataggio magico dal villaggio dei goblin (Magic rescue from the goblin village)

Thank you very much for the info! Can't wait to see the pictures. I am already intrigued by what kind of appearance goblins will have.

And what about Sophie Jones? Does this mean, that Emily has a sister?

Edited by Ookami

This sounds amazing! And also, I'm getting some serious "Labyrinth" vibes. I say that having (gasp!) never actually seen "Labyrinth".

Goblins make more sense to me than leprechauns (they better fit the "high fantasy" approach we've seen elsewhere in Elvendale). And glad we are, in fact, getting an evil dragon! A gondola and a flying ship also sound like great new subject matter for sets, though it's a bit frustrating that Naida and Aira continue to get vehicles while Farran and Azari haven't had any. Still, I'm getting really excited!

Edited by Aanchir

Goblin village sounds great! I wonder if the goblins will be a new kind of figure like the scurriers from NK? It sounds like these sets will have the antagonists in every set which is a change for Elves. The first year didn't even have bad guys, just a quest for keys, it looks like Elves is getting more aggressive.

My guess is that Sophie Jones is Emily's little sister and she'll use a new child-minidoll mold, much like the new Goblins. This theory will be validated if one of the Disney Princess/Frozen sets turns out to be the "Do you want to build a snowman" sequence, with Anna & Elsa as kids......

No leprechauns... darn it. Well, goblins sound way better. Goblin King's Evil Dragon sounds great, also a village? This sounds really good, hopefully they look good too.

My guess is that Sophie Jones is Emily's little sister and she'll use a new child-minidoll mold, much like the new Goblins. This theory will be validated if one of the Disney Princess/Frozen sets turns out to be the "Do you want to build a snowman" sequence, with Anna & Elsa as kids......

Part of me thinks "cousin" might be more likely than "sister", simply because if Emily had a sister it would be weird not to have seen or heard of her before now. But yes, I'm hoping we get mini-doll parts that can be used for younger characters!

Sophie makes me wonder if the story will be a bit like the Chronicles of Narnia where only young children can enter the world of Elves, and once they've learned some life lessons and had adventures its time for the next generation to take over.

Sophie makes me wonder if the story will be a bit like the Chronicles of Narnia where only young children can enter the world of Elves, and once they've learned some life lessons and had adventures its time for the next generation to take over.

I hope not. Firstly, because I love Emily as a character and wouldn't want the story to abandon her. Secondly, because it doesn't really feel like it makes sense—after all, there are plenty of adult characters in Elvendale itself, and plenty of adults in the real world, obviously, so why couldn't adults travel between the two?

Besides, I would not be at all surprised if the characters never actually age as the theme progresses in the first place, like the vague-aged Ninjago characters or any number of other kids' shows that eschew a realistic timeline in favor of keeping the focus on a cast designed to appeal to the target audience.

My orc army needs some cutesy friendlized goblins <3

I hope Sophie is...Emily's mother :D

That would certainly be an interesting twist on the "Labyrinth"/"Outside Over There" storyline that seems to be going for. That said, if they introduce a smaller mini-doll figure for the goblins then it would not be at all surprising if they also introduced a younger child character as well.