Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

This auction is insane!

Tre but they do look way cool like that, a colonial army ;)

At least you're optimistic! And the people who bid for them obviously thought they looked cool too. But I didn't think they're too great. They are already colonial soldiers and the hats they're suppose to wear are more historically accurate.

i wonder how many ebay buyers are aware of the existence of bricklink, 'cause this price is really insane... any one who knows about bricklink wouldn't pay 100 dollars for this...

and i consider these hats to be a rip off... it's outrageous to sell these soldiers with these hats for that price!

Ahhhhh who cares... The less people that know about BrickLink the better off I am! But from time to time there is a good bargain on eBay that beats BrickLink. Not often, but sometimes.

However, when it comes to sets forget BrickLink... eBay usually has them much cheaper.

You've got to love the offer/demand law of business ;)

If a megablock wishes to pay that sum of money for that, well good for the seller ;)

well i guess it's as in real life... if you're informed and educated, you get more chances and possibilities in life...

one problem with bricklink, tho, is that you sometimes pay extras, like import taxes... whenever i get a shipping from the us via bricklink (about 5 kg of lego), i get to pay 10 euro import tax... that pushes the price as well...

I always by locally otherwise the postage is too expensive. So I've never had such problems.

thing is that Us stores are very often the cheapest. i often hardly have a choice... transport costs in Europe aren't cheap either...

Unfortunately for me the cost of postage makes them just as expensive as buying locally. So might as well buy locally have recieve the goods a month quicker.

Unfortunately for me the cost of postage makes them just as expensive as buying locally. So might as well buy locally have recieve the goods a month quicker.

But there's a better piece selection in the US. ;)

One thing I never understood was seeing people buy the Original Falcon (7190) for

No.

If you want to talk about insane auctions, these auctions are truly insane:

Insane Auction #1

Insane Auction #2

That looks like a left hand to me?

Insane Auction #3

This is the best one of all. First off, it says a collector's dream! There are collectors of such "relics?" Secondly, that doesn't look like Mary to me, if anyone it looks like Magento from X-men!

Steve

Yeah, another example of people's stupidity :-D

Those are definitly cheesy collictibles at affordable prices :-D :-D

you should see the things they're producing in the new pope's hometown... it's pretty crazy, right now... not just on ebay...

Sign in to follow this