jdm44

Favorite sets you own?

Good thinking :) I am very seriously considering getting a spare of this one to keep in the box (which I never do, my only boxed SW set is a $100 clearance UCS B-Wing), maybe a few years down the line it could fund 2 or 3 new UCS sets. Even the box itself is gorgeous!

I have the same B-wing, sealed in its box that I also bought at the $100 price that May the Fourth. Judging by the selling prices, we weren't the only ones with the idea to resell it.

I never do that either, and it's also my only UCS. My girlfriend has to keep talking me out of opening it, but I don't see it being the great investment I had hoped.

The Slave 1 is a definite future classic though.

All my old 99-02 sets havent aged well imho, so i dont care for many of those, im mostly focussed on the newer stuff, so far my favs, in no particular order are:

- 75083 AT-DP, such a beautiful beast, not very well articulated, and a bit too much yellow, but imho the best looking walker lego has produced

- 9500: Sith Fury Interceptor, it is a bad megablocks ship, with a bad megablocks pilot

- My custom 75038 based Darth Vader's Eta-2, i have a weak spot for the Eta-2, and 75038 is the best stock model, i just dont like yellow/ani, so i modded my own black Vader version, it is my favorite fighter

Number 1 is definitely UCS slave 1. What a build and it just looks so great up on its stand.

Number 2 Jabba and rancor and all their friends.

At 3 is Rogue Shadow. A great looking ship, figs and build.

4 I agree that Ghost and Phantom are seeming better and better with the new shows.

And 5. I do love swishing the new TFA tie. It is almost perfect.

- My custom 75038 based Darth Vader's Eta-2, i have a weak spot for the Eta-2, and 75038 is the best stock model, i just dont like yellow/ani, so i modded my own black Vader version, it is my favorite fighter

If we go that route, my TIE Interceptor and A-wing are my favorites.

20160124_095942.jpg

Edited by bootz

There is not much that can compete with the UCS models.

1. Y-Wing; my favorite ship in general. Even though the first one is fantastic, I would not mind a re-make.

2. Imperial Shuttle; havent built it yet. But man, this thing is huge. The model is spot on. Would have been nr.1 if I wasn't such a fanboy of the Y-Wing.

3. Rebel Snowspeeder; This think looks like a tank(if tanks could fly).

Least favorite. Sandcrawler; just something about it, build process and everything, that I dont like. Took me half a year to finish it, hahaha.

- UCS imperial shuttle. Hardly looks like a Lego model, it's so smooth.

- UCS Falcon. Brought a nearly complete bricklinked one for a good price, but keep looking for a proper one at a good price despite the extra cost.

- UCS X-wing 10240. Hey, it's the X-wing! (And a simple nose mod makes it look even better)

- A-wing 75003. The most accurate of all the system Rebel fighters, and looks great next to the Falcon and SHuttle. If only Lego made thr B/X/Y-wing to a similar standard..

UCS 75060 Slave 1 - ticks all the boxes for me. Looks great, interesting solutions to a difficult to build shape, took a while to assemble, nice minifigure or two (3), and I got it 25% off retail.

Technic 8275 motorised bulldozer. Great build, has big motors, and it's a bulldozer. Who doesn't like bulldozing things?

UCS 10240 X-Wing. Many hours spent mod'ing / improving an already good set.

Well, looking at the rest of the responses I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a single UCS set, but here's my top 3:

1. 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge (w/Desert Skiff)

2. 75102 Poe Dameron's X-Wing Fighter (the only TFA set I like other than the Special Forces TIE)

3. 7676 Republic Gunship (One of my all-time favorite SW ships and it comes with Cody, so...)

Well, looking at the rest of the responses I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a single UCS set,

You're not alone. I don't do UCS. The new Hoth set (which most agree shouldn't be labelled UCS anyway) will be my first. I like system scale and easily modified sets.

You're not alone. I don't do UCS. The new Hoth set (which most agree shouldn't be labelled UCS anyway) will be my first. I like system scale and easily modified sets.

I missed out on all the UCS sets I wanted. At the time I couldn't justify them, but if I could buy the Falcon, SSD, and ISD as rereleases I would. I generally prefer the system scale because it fits my budget, they're more swooshable, and you can have more individual ships than you could with UCS sets. Plus, like you said they're easier to modify or duplicate.

Well, looking at the rest of the responses I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a single UCS set, but here's my top 3:

1. 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge (w/Desert Skiff)

2. 75102 Poe Dameron's X-Wing Fighter (the only TFA set I like other than the Special Forces TIE)

3. 7676 Republic Gunship (One of my all-time favorite SW ships and it comes with Cody, so...)

You're not alone, although I would LOVE a UCS Star Destroyer, Falcon or Slave. I have a young family and can not justify spending that amount on Lego SW. System scale sets are more within my budget and I enjoy modding them to look more detailed anyway. I just need space to display them now!

I don't own any UCS sets. i want sets tha included figures and have some play value.

I'm a brand new AFOL this year. I got my kids a few sets for Christmas and we ended up having so much fun with them. I started collecting a few sets just for myself and a few more for the kids and I.

My personal favorites so far are:

1. UCS Slave 1 - It is astounding to me how well designed this set is. It was a really fun build It is also a work of art when displayed on it's stand. Even though it's a UCS set I still chase my kids around house with it, although I have to hold it with 2 hands on the red base. I think i'll pick up another copy and leave it in the box.

2. Wall-E - Cannot say enough good things about this set. The design is incredible, it looks amazing on display, it's incredibly posable and very expressive. Star Wars is my primary interest in Lego, but this is such an amazing set. Nearly perfect set!

3. Imperial Shuttle Tydirium 75094 - I love this set. I would love the UCS version of this, but I don't have space to display it, nor can I afford it, so I bought the 75094 set and heavily modded it to look much more like the UCS set. The size is perfect for me, still looks fantastic, but small enough to play with my kids.

4. Exo Suit - Another Lego Ideas set that is really excellent. This one surprised me. I like it even more than I thought I would.

5. AT-DP - This Rebels set is excellent. I'm mainly a fan of the OT, but this is such a well designed set I had to have it.

I don't collect UCS. That would be the annual budget gone in one go. My favourite set is/are Jabba's Palace + Rancor Pit + the figs from the Skiff and Sail Barge. The design of the Palace is very good. It has a nice sense of claustrophobia to it, which is often missing from MOCs/MODs which are too open and spacious. Beautiful attention to detail as well. And the Bib Fortuna, Boushh, Skiff Lando etc...all stone cold classics!

UCS (these are the only UCSs I have so they win by default):

1. 10179 Millenium Falcon - It's breathtaking

2. 10225 R2-D2 - Something different and he's so cute.

3. 10221 Super Star Destroyer - Cool ship, and unlikely that they would make it in a playset form.

Non-UCS:

1.10188 Death Star - Great display piece and fun to play with!

2. 8038 The Battle of Endor - complete playset in a box!

3. 7662 Trade Federation MTT - Feels solid, and I love the droid deployment function.

I recently picked up the 75082 TIE Advanced prototype and the 75083 AT-DP and finally got around to building them. Wow!!! They're both going on my list of favorites. I had originally planed on collecting only sets from the movies but decided to give these Rebels sets a chance after hearing good reviews. I'm happy I did. The builds were awesome, they look great on display and the minifigures are top notch. The Stormtroopers look almost exactly the same as the OT ones. I can't wait for the Tie vs. A-wing.

2. Wall-E - Cannot say enough good things about this set. The design is incredible, it looks amazing on display, it's incredibly posable and very expressive. Star Wars is my primary interest in Lego, but this is such an amazing set. Nearly perfect set!

This made me happy!!

My 4 favorite sets are the only Legos I keep on display in my bedroom as a grown man :)

10227 UCS B-Wing

75060 UCS Slave 1

75094 Imperial Shuttle

75102 Poe's X-wing

Not coincidentally, they are all ships.

Edited by romulan

10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle. Everything about it. The build experience was amazing. I loved that the bags weren't numbered, just a massive amount of white pieces to sort. That feeling as it comes together and you get the sense of how huge it's going to be. And finally as a display piece it's just so majestic in all its SNOT glory!

If I had to get rid of all my sets and keep just one.....it would be the Falcon 7965 because it's the iconic SW ship.

I don't collect UCS. That would be the annual budget gone in one go. My favourite set is/are Jabba's Palace + Rancor Pit + the figs from the Skiff and Sail Barge. The design of the Palace is very good. It has a nice sense of claustrophobia to it, which is often missing from MOCs/MODs which are too open and spacious. Beautiful attention to detail as well. And the Bib Fortuna, Boushh, Skiff Lando etc...all stone cold classics!

100% agreed. Those are -besides the Falcon- my favorites too.

UCS Slave I, The 75050 B-Wing (which brought me out of the dark ages), the 75054 AT-AT, Pre Vizla's starfighter, the 9495 Y-Wing, the Ghost, the Final Duel, the Cantina, Azure Angel, AT-DP, TIE Advanced Prototype, Death Star, Ewok village, TFA Falcon, Poe's X-Wing and the SF TIE Fighter.