Sign in to follow this  

This is a MOC I created first in LDD, then in real life (thanks BrickLink!), featuring four attractions at a Renaissance Faire/Festival. I wasn't sure whether to post it in this forum or City (since technically it would take place in modern times), but figured its elements would appeal more to Historic fans. You can find many more pictures on my Flickr page. Also, I have submitted this as a project on Lego Ideas, so if you feel so inclined, I'd love your support: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/131376

C&C are always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,

Lindulan

Overview of the whole group:

24750230420_891f2aed9b_b.jpg1 - Renaissance Faire by Lindulan Halcyon, on Flickr

The concession stand, with half-yards of lemonade and smoked turkey legs:

24952491491_dcde404f02_z.jpg2 - Concession stand by Lindulan Halcyon, on Flickr

The stage, where a minstrel plays his lute:

25019433616_098128bc9e_z.jpg4 - Stage by Lindulan Halcyon, on Flickr

Shooting gallery with stud-shooting crossbow:

25045788725_e997d6ee4e_z.jpg5 - Shooting gallery by Lindulan Halcyon, on Flickr

Souvenir tent with removable roof and lift-up side flaps:

25045787625_b8a1fe51f5_z.jpg7 - Souvenir tent & roof by Lindulan Halcyon, on Flickr

Edited by Lindulan

This is really cute! I particularly enjoy the armour tent. I'd perhaps add a jester mini figure and also perhaps add a jousting demonstration instead of perhaps the stage. The stage is definitely the weakest out of the modules.

I do really like it, though! I might have to build one myself! :grin:

Thanks for the feedback Kintobor! Believe it or not, I actually considered a jester and joust when I started this, but decided they had been done enough in Lego (and the joust would require too many pieces). So I replaced the jester with a wandering minstrel, and then when I scrapped a second game (a catapult game) because I didn't like how it was turning out, I made a stage for him.

Other attractions I considered but decided against include an archery range (that would have a Nexo Knights bow to fire arrows at a collapsible target), a ride (several festivals have a "pirate ship" or tilt-a-whirl-type human-powered ride, and my local festival has a great "dragon joust" kids' ride), or a fortune-teller.

Thanks to you too bricklover!

Edited by Lindulan

Great idea! I love ren faires and this captures the look and feel very well. There's so many places to go with this idea, combining Castle and Town elements.