LittleJohn

[M - E02] A Daring Heist

Tags: Building, Vehicle, Piracy, Spying

Job: Explorer

After a long vacation, MANTIS had another mission for me. Un-like most of my previous missions, this one involved infiltrating an Octan base and gathering information about a chemical that accelerated plant growth. I was thrilled to find that two of my good friends, Isaac Redsyn and Massi Editoro, were also on the same mission, as well as a MANTIS commo. Isaac was of course assigned to be the driver, which was to be expected. What wasn't expected was the vehicle he would be piloting... An Octan hoverplane.

4-2.jpg So, you're sure you know how to drive one of these things?

5-2.jpg Of course I do! I've driven tons of rigs!

Whoops.jpg

4-2.jpg ... Apparently not enough though. Could you get this thing right side up for once?!

5-2.jpg I'm trying, I'm trying, but it keeps going every which way! Where are the brakes on this anyways?

4-2.jpg Hoverplanes don't have br-

1-2.jpg Massi to helicopter, are you guys ready up there?

Ready.jpg

4-2.jpg We might be, if Isaac knew how to drive this...

3-2.jpg Almost, we're getting into position. Stand by for signal.

1-2.jpg Roger.

Flight.jpg

3-2.jpg In position, proceed with distraction.

1-2.jpg Yes sir!

Throw.jpg

2-2.jpgHere you go little plants, drink up!

Interior3.jpg

Rappel.jpg

Land.jpg

Grenade.jpg

Boom.jpg

1-2.jpg Go, go go!

2-2.jpg What was that?!

IMG_8995.jpg

4-2.jpg I've got it! Go up, go up!

Up.jpg

3-2.jpg Mission accomplished, good job everyone.

4-2.jpg Now to take it back to the lab for the scientists to test and analyze.

A few more shots of the build:

Overview-4.jpg

Interior.jpg

More pictures here: Link

It was good to do another AG build, after so many castle builds. C&C welcome! :classic:

I don't think I can give this the spying tag, sorry - I can't see where your character is "gathering information about another faction, hacking their computers, or sabotaging their equipment."

I don't think I can give this the spying tag, sorry - I can't see where your character is "gathering information about another faction, hacking their computers, or sabotaging their equipment."

Of course any decision made by any member of the AG staff will be respected, but from the storyline of this build, I thought that LittleJohn was gathering info on Octan:

"Un-like most of my previous missions, this one involved infiltrating an Octan base and gathering information about a chemical that accelerated plant growth."

"Now to take it back to the lab for the scientists to test and analyze."

It seems to me that infiltrating another corporation's base, and gathering info, and also in this case, a physical sample of something they've developed, is spying.

Just my opinion, I may just be totally confused with all the spying and piracy going on :laugh:

As for the build itself: very cool jungle look you have going, LJ, and thanks for including Isaac, even if his shortcomings as a pilot were exposed :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6

The problem is that no info was gathered separately from stealing the sample, and stealing objects comes under piracy. If stealing objects counts as gathering information then what will be left to count as piracy?

I should have said: I really like the build and story! The mix of different leaf pieces on the tree is really effective!

Love the lab and a wonderful story! The foliage is fantastic and the shot pulled back with everything shown really gives a sense of scale and how detailed the scenery is!

Very nice Octan lab, the landscape is great too; the dark tan adds a perfect contrast to the bright foliage! :thumbup:

It seems like spying to me. Stealing a sample of a chemical is stealing valuable information. Piracy for me at least is more along the lines of taking something that isn't of strategic value.

The problem is that no info was gathered separately from stealing the sample, and stealing objects comes under piracy. If stealing objects counts as gathering information then what will be left to count as piracy?

I'd say that piracy is more brutal, or spying is more subtle. Infiltrating a lab to stole a sample can be considered as spying (I think).