Yes, i am interested ;-) which model won?

Congrats to silver medal!

BTW: could it be that the steering of the ship works in wrong direction? Ie when HOG turns left the ship turns right and vice versa? Or have i build something wrong?

Edited by Kumbbl

Yes, i am interested ;-) which model won?

Congrats to silver medal!

BTW: could it be that the steering of the ship works in wrong direction? Ie when HOG turns left the ship turns right and vice versa? Or have i build something wrong?

First place:

The steering works in oposite direction, but to be honest I did not noticed that :D

Congratulations on the second place! I found your creations and the studless version of the 851 Tractor more impressive than the final winner. The functionalities are cool but is is less rounded and true to the original than your creations ...

Congratulations on the second place! I found your creations and the studless version of the 851 Tractor more impressive than the final winner. The functionalities are cool but is is less rounded and true to the original than your creations ...

couldn't say it better... the studless 8848 is also very nice

The steering works in oposite direction, but to be honest I did not noticed that :D

well, because IMHO opposite steering direction is a serious bug i have fixed it - looks not bad i would say... it could even look better if you add the direction change gears 5 holes below (between the black parts of the cabin) but i didn't want to dismantle the whole cabin - and my solution can be applied quite easy without taking apart too much...

Now the ship model is perfect :wink:

1280x1066.jpg

hihi, yes it would - but: there is no place - there is the link 16 L hinged which steers the wheels i the rear..... this would need a bigger redesign...

Of course there are better and cleaner solutions possible to make steering direction right but not applyable to the finished model - if i would go back to the beginning of the build it would be easier, no question ;-)

Edited by Kumbbl

hihi, yes it would - but: there is no place - there is the link 16 L hinged which steers the wheels i the rear..... this would need a bigger redesign...

Of course there are better and cleaner solutions possible to make steering direction right but not applyable to the finished model - if i would go back to the beginning of the build it would be easier, no question ;-)

Well you could just remove starboard and right side of the cab (it is connected to the cab's floor so it should be bent a little) and change the lever with this:

25080590021_8397467d18_b.jpg

After several months of gathering parts for the model I was able to build it last night.  Excellent model with nice working functions plus the instructions were very professional looking and easy to follow.  Kudos!

51 minutes ago, teos said:

After several months of gathering parts for the model I was able to build it last night.  Excellent model with nice working functions plus the instructions were very professional looking and easy to follow.  Kudos!

I am glad that you like it :)

I Wonder how would it look standing next to the 42064?

Lego-Technic-42061.jpg