Kodan Black

[O - F03] Finding on Forring

Tags: Science, Land Vehicle, Space Vehicle, Civil Building

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

After last week's efforts to better refine our abilities to find Awesomnium we received orders to head over to Forring to assist in the search for Awesomnium there. I obtained one of our "area defense" space drones and removed all of the missiles and other weaponry. I swapped in side scan radar, a front mounted ground penetrating radar and other scanning equipment. These drones typically operate just outside the atmosphere in space waiting for targets, so having it operate at that altitude and scanning for signs of Awesomnium wasn't going to be a problem.

24884099761_97e596b711_c.jpg

Dr. Allison and I headed out to a small Octan building on the planet where we could best analyze data and alter the flight path of the drone. She had some new mathematical models she wanted to try out to see if they would be more efficient in finding metals. I was certainly happy to have the assistance as the corporation can use all the help it can get in our current conflict with the warriors of MANTIS.

Given our state of affairs with them and that Forring is a MANTIS controlled planet I was happy that ED-208 was available to accompany us to the planet's surface. I guess he had properly helped Sue with some sort of "back door adjustment" and she needed several days of rest. I'm not sure what they were adjusting the back door to, but it must have required a lot of work if Sue needed a few days to recover!

ED-208 had found a MANTIS mech on Jurin II last week and we had brought it with us. He was in the process of getting it in proper working order and upgrading it when we had to ship out. It wasn't quite done, but it was fully functional and armed. I didn't expect we would encounter heavy resistance since we were going to a remote Octan base, but having some firepower was a relief. He had managed to remove a lot of the human controls and better integrate it with his own robotic form to make the responsiveness much better. It was a marvel to see it operate as an extension of his own body!

24977420105_18dfeb60d6_c.jpg

Hopefully Dr. Allison's models prove beneficial and we are able to refine our capabilities to find Awesomnium. It was good to be back working with drones again as that is my primary speciality. I think that Dr. Allison is even becoming a bit more comfortable in the field now, though she did seem to want me to go into the Octan building with her while ED-208 maintained watch. She said she had something to show me, but I told her that we would lose the signal to the drone from inside the building and that she should bring it out to me and show me outside. I guess it wasn't anything that important as she said: "Ugh, never mind. I should just show ED-208 like Sue!"

24977420235_092357d26c_c.jpg

Extra Pics:

ED-208's mech has legs that swing and the part below the knee can twist 360. My first real attempt at a minifig scale mech. Also the gun traverses and can point up and down. The whole thing managed to be pretty easy to balance despite making it up as I went.

24951101706_dfe0a35c9e_c.jpg

24859418872_3c2ef6e2ef_c.jpg

24977420175_38d68f4f38_c.jpg

24859419182_5226fcf069_c.jpg

24346817074_0788ff84c2_c.jpg