Sign in to follow this  
peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Wine and Flower Shop

Hey everyone,

I would like to present my newest modular building: A modular wine and flower shop.

This is the first time I built a corner modular and I must admit it was quite a challenge to pull it off within LDD. Also I wanted to make sure that the corner part looks smooth without any big gaps and no hinge plates or bricks visible. The SNOT'ed tiles are a bit tight but it fits!

The lowest level features two shops: A wine shop and a flower shop as well as a 45 degree corridor to the inner staircase. The middle level features an apartment where the old couple from the last years seasonal found a comfy place to live. The upper level features another apartment which is currently being redecorated.

Statistics

Parts: 4341

Build time: around 55h within LDD and 8h with real bricks

Bricklink orders: 16

Below you can find a selection of images. All of them can be viewed here: http://www.kawano.de...lower_shop.html

Again a building instruction is available for purchase for those who would like to build it themselves!

wine_flower_1_t.JPG

wine_flower_2_t.JPG

wine_flower_3_t.JPG

wine_flower_6_t.JPG

wine_flower_10_t.JPG

wine_flower_11_t.JPG

wine_flower_16_t.JPG

wine_flower_20_t.JPG

Very nice and detailed exterior and a well thought out interior! I especially like the 45 degree corridor and the renovation looks very cool, too!

Quite an awesome looking build.

Your interior work with the wine shop is brilliant, also the last picture showing carpenters and painters working on finishing a floor is gorgeous and a lovely detail.

Great work here ! :thumbup:

This is nice. I love how the hallway seperates the two shops on the groundfloor. The craftsmen renovating the appartment are really cool, too.

This is fantastic! The exterior is interesting, but the big surprise is the interior. The diagonal corner is a clever idea, and the floor plan in the appartments is really nice. It's not too full, but not empty either. Well done.

Very nice build.

Lots of details in the interior, very nice idea on the corridor separating the two stores. The tree outside is really nice.

Great work.

The outside is good, but I love the inside! There are so many great details to explore. I especially like the 45 deg. hallway, the interiors of the shops and apartement's floor plan. The redecoration process looks very "real".

I really like the mix of textures on the exterior, it's a shame Lego don't make sand red windows, as it would probably compliment the upper exterior quite well. As for the interior details that style layout is not something I've seen before and think it looks great! Nice one!

That's awesome! You fit so much into a standard size corner Modular - two shops and two full apartments.

And so many great little details, like the partially painted wall.

Thanks everyone!

it's a shame Lego don't make sand red windows, as it would probably compliment the upper exterior quite well.

Oh yea, I totally agree. We need this color back into palette of active ones. So many possibilities. Just imagine a 1x2 masonry brick in sand red...