Sign in to follow this  
PaulC

New Block City Phase 2

indexed.gif Layout

A while back I posted these pics from the beginings of my New Block City project:

1860164979_b0e587cedc_o.jpg

1860243921_ae4eee8922_o.jpg

Now I've embarked on phase 2; a more modern high-rise part of the city which includes a hospital, apartment block, office building and CN-style tower with a revolving (motorised!) restaurant on top. This is still a work in progress so there still some odd-coloured bricks I need to get replacements for. Enjoy the pics!

1858547091_fbadadb8ed_o.jpg

1858550155_805714354c_o.jpg

1858549243_c17ac66d6c_o.jpg

Very nice, once again! Can we have a picture of the two blocks next to each other or is that no longer possible >:-) ? Your hospital still remains the best of this block. I also like the apartment block and the sears tower. I am not to fond of the black one simply because it is to dark.

NICE PAUL C *y* I like all of it!!! it looks so cool 10/10 Paul C :'-)
Thanks!
I think that your apartment looks more like an (very good) annex to the hospital.... 8-|
Hey, nice idea. Maybe it's accomodation for the hospital staff.
Very nice, once again! Can we have a picture of the two blocks next to each other or is that no longer possible >:-) ?
It's tricky at the moment as I don't have a lot of space to set up a layout, but I'll see what I can do...
I am not to fond of the black one simply because it is to dark.
Actually I'm really please with how the the black office building turned out, but as usual, large areas of black Lego do not photograph well. |-/
Very nice! I especially t=like your CN Tower (Canadian promotion ON!) *y*
Heh heh, my wife is from Ontario, so I've got a real fondness for the CN Tower. Here are some more tower pics:

1859376816_ab1489814b_o.jpg

The tower is fully 90cm tall and is the tallest Lego structure I've ever built.

1859376014_a1af17e91d.jpg

Blurry close of of the restaurant which seats 8.

1858552285_4997962ed9.jpg

The chef peers out of kitchen which is midway up the tower. The tower doesn't actually have any interior at all as the space is taken up with motor, gears and axles!

1859378376_6b4a05469e.jpg

A prototype tower containing my first attempt at powering the revolving restaurant. The micro motor was nowhere near powerfull enough and produced very jerky rotation under load.

1858546217_32ad5395b0.jpg

The final design contains a large 9v motor and lots and lots of gears!

The idea for the tower came when I saw next year's Creator 4995 Sky-Crane Helicopter. Once I get it, I can recreate this scene: X-D

CNtowerLS.jpg

Wow very impressive! At first I thought your towers were micro scale!! I love the hospital, it looks very neat amd modern!! *y* *y* *y*

very nice PaulC your a very talented builder to say the least! ;-) I love the revolving restaurant and that ambulance! ;-)

At first I thought your towers were micro scale!!

I thought this was the case with the resturant but its not which make it WAY COOLER! *y* *y* *wub* :'-)

That is beautiful work. *wub* There's so much to say! (Sorry for missing phase one. :-$ )

• Very smart usage of the Tuners Garage!
  • That tower is simple but still stunning
  • The office building is cool!
  • I really love the hospital.
  • The apartment block is very whacky looking but still excellent!
  • That restaurant is a cool idea!
  • I love the "kitchen"!

It is great to see a MOC with mechanics. *wub* I look forward to the next update.

Great stuff--I love the idea of the tower, and you pulled it off very well. Mine...would suck. So great job! *y* *y* *y*

that post-modern hospital is very nice and enjoyable to look at... i really like it, a lot !!!

im not too fond of towers, like the CN... i imagine it would be hard to build one from LEGOs.

- BM

indexed.gif Layout

Thanks for all the kind comments Guys. Because Highland Cattle asked for it, I've spent the past couple of weeks putting together a layout combining phase 1 and 2. Because I have such a busy life, progress has been very slow, but here it is:

Full layout.

2062027850_1fef1f5f1d_o.jpg

Close-up.

2061239785_c75f3bf53d_o.jpg

A busy street corner. Residents were worried when the sign on the theatre first went up, but then the theatre manager went and got some "v"s. Vader and Yoda are first in the queue for tickets.

2061240603_203e000345_o.jpg

Another busy street scene.

2062028412_4660cfe955_o.jpg

The intersection of Brick Street and East 40th Street, showing off my NYC style police cars.

2062028120_40d21c2df5_o.jpg

The inevitable road construction going on (I wonder if anyone can spot what makes this scene a bit Canadian, other than my CN tower homage)! ;-)

2061240023_480957f875_o.jpg

A wedding at the City Hall.

2061240273_3ecd6a2379.jpg

A police surveillance helicopter parked on top of the hospital.

2062027590_5d3c86a949.jpg

Captian Green Hair asked how many phases will there be? Well, as many as I have the time and space to build! My New Block City project is infinitely expandable as you can see in this layout plan I made.

2062097368_f6b4e5b998_o.jpg

I'm currently working on phases 3 and 4 which are a fire station and construction site respectively. X-D

A very lively scenery indeed, impressive and charming! *y*

Yoda and Vader at the cinema, very funny.... hmm, Canadian.... no idea, perhaps

that orange/black barrier? That

Methinks it might be the "30" sign, which in Canada should be in km/h, no?

30 mph is way to fast for safely passing road works anyway, altough by the look of things they might as well just shut down that one lane or set up some temporary lights. No one's getting past with traffic looking like that!

Still, awesome project you've got going there! *y*

That is a very nice diorama. It has really a big city feeling *y*

hmm, Canadian.... no idea, perhaps

that orange/black barrier?

Darn! Asuka, you guessed right at the first attempt. It's the yellow and black road cones that we saw waaaaaay too many of on our last trip to Canada. The joke goes: they are only two seasons on Canadian roads. Winter and Construction.
30 mph is way to fast for safely passing road works anyway, altough by the look of things they might as well just shut down that one lane or set up some temporary lights. No one's getting past with traffic looking like that!
30 and 55 are the only roadsigns I've got, hence the strange speed limits. The idea with the roadworks is there is another guy with a stop/go board out of sight at the other end of the works and they take it in turns to stop the traffic in their direction so the others can get through. Usually in Canada the guys with the stop/go boards are bored-looking university students on a summer vacation job! :-/