Sign in to follow this  
Brickwolf

[COR-FB2] Boat Yard at Arlinsport, Tiberia

Nice idea and execution, Brickwolf. I like the boats on stands, the different planking in them, and the tools and planks lying around. pirate_satisfied.gif

I would suggest a little more text, though. Like - how does this fit in? Is there anything we should know about the carpenter? Who owns it? Basically anything you could think of in terms of a backstory. Other than that, very nice! pirate_blush.gif

While on stopover at Arlinsport Lt.Wolf visited his cousin Harlan, a boatwright, and brought him a letter from his family.

9SMPZ7.jpg

Very nice!

I am curious, as I am working on a shipyard as well.....is it considered "Factory" or "Artisan" -or- would a shipyard be part of the "Shipwright" profession stuff to come?

During this time of exploration and colonization, this is just what the Corrington empire needs - more boats (and ships too, but that's a different matter). It looks pretty good; small and simple, nicely arranged, and some of that good ol' Corry red! I like the stands and the tiled inside of the brown boat and the other little details are fine as well. The story is pretty slim but the additional post helps that quite a bit. Overall this is a very welcome addition to the colony. :classic:

Edit: Vedauwoo, the distinction between "Factory" and "Artisan" can be pretty blurry. This question keeps coming up; the rulers would rather you decide for yourself, based on your specific situation. This boatyard would be more Artisan than Factory to my eyes, but your shipyard could easily be either (and technically both, depending on the circumstances).

Edited by Captain Dee