11 hours ago, jordanewcastle said:

Currently stuck as well haha, trying to PM Kit but still have a few left!

Hi Jordan,

I saw your comment on the Tantive IV, sorry for not replying earlier. Happy to hear that you're interested in the instructions. I am still working on them, I just ran into some technical issues with the LDD that I have to fix first.

No stress, I have MOC X1 in the mail to tide me over until you are ready! If not I have an AT AT or the IDS Aggressor to order instead! But I have always wanted the Tantive with a decent front section!

Does anyone know what kind of software to use to open this LED file? I wills wondering if stud.io would work, but I got caught in a lot of stuff and never had time to experiment.

Many thanks

I meant "was"

Oops

18 hours ago, Some SW fan said:

Does anyone know what kind of software to use to open this LED file? I wills wondering if stud.io would work, but I got caught in a lot of stuff and never had time to experiment.

Many thanks

I meant "was"

Oops

LDD files are indeed intended for the Lego Digital Designer that Sandtrooper linked to. This is official Lego-Software. As far as I know Stud.io does support lxf-files though too, so if you're more comfortable with that software it should work out too. :)

2 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

LDD files are indeed intended for the Lego Digital Designer that Sandtrooper linked to. This is official Lego-Software. As far as I know Stud.io does support lxf-files though too, so if you're more comfortable with that software it should work out too. :)

They do work but I sometimes got surprises when opening lxf files with stud.io. Some parts might end up completely out of place.
In my case it was always quite obvious and easy to fix, but beware.

Great Work! Best T-70 I ever saw. Do you mind I make your X-wing and display in my room? And there's one problem. I found the link on the post that I can download the file. I can download it, but my LDD keep saying "Unable to open the file". Can I get a file through my E-mail? Thanks! :)

On 12/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, OlHiHi said:

Great Work! Best T-70 I ever saw. Do you mind I make your X-wing and display in my room? And there's one problem. I found the link on the post that I can download the file. I can download it, but my LDD keep saying "Unable to open the file". Can I get a file through my E-mail? Thanks! :)

Thank you! Unfortunately that problem seems to be occuring quite regularly, I'll change the info in the original post. Just PM me your email address and I'll send you the file. 

On 12/30/2018 at 7:53 PM, Kit Bricksto said:

Thank you! Unfortunately that problem seems to be occuring quite regularly, I'll change the info in the original post. Just PM me your email address and I'll send you the file. 

I just send PM to you!

On 2/13/2016 at 5:00 PM, Kit Bricksto said:

This has been up on Flickr for a few weeks now but I thought I'd share it here anyway, telling those interested a bit more about the build.

The T-70 X-Wing is one of my favorite vehicles from The Force Awakens and even of the whole Star Wars universe. As the LEGO set was no more than your average stud shooting playset I quickly decided to build my own version of the starfighter.

Originally I didn't really like Poe Dameron's repainted version very much but since I didn't have that many grey parts available for experimenting due to my Millennium Falcon project I still went with this colour scheme for the first design and really grew to like it.

For the build design I wanted to borrow a few small elements from Mike Psiaki's fantastic T-65 X-Wing and combine them with my own style and that of the newer design for the fighter itself.

24151845671_e3fa806c8a_b.jpg

X-Wing Attack on Starkiller Base by Kit Bricksto, on Flickr

I really wanted to make sure that the fighter wasn't just in scale with minifigs but also incorporated all the important features and details of the real thing. This meant that the wings had to open and close smoothly and the landing gear had to fold into the hull nicely in order to not disturb the overall sleekness of the ship.

23583383533_92823ce4af_b.jpg

Black One T-70 X-Wing (1) by Kit Bricksto, on Flickr

Once I had finished the Black Leader version of the X-Wing I realized that it didn't take that many special parts to complete it and that I'd probably manage to build a blue and grey one too. Although I had to change some parts on this version I still think that the second one looks equally good.

This isn't the greatest picture of the grey X-Wing, sorry. Look at it more as a teaser.. :blush:

24639163739_4b2bed852d_b.jpg

T-70 X-Wing by Kit Bricksto, on Flickr

Anyway, I'd love to hear your opinions on my interpretation of the T-70! Constructive criticism is always very welcome, too.

Hi kit I really love this model x-wing and I really would like to build it but I was the problem you had with the ldd file so I thought of solution if you still have the ldd file Of the x-wing you could screen record it and upload it to YouTube or you could make a pdf of the instructions I’m not forcing you to do this but if you I would really appreciate it 

On 2/16/2016 at 5:19 AM, Kit Bricksto said:

Thanks for your comment! However, I won't change the angle of the cockpit as it is such an important feature of the model and the playset shows us how bad it looks having the cockpit straight.

post-154807-0-87428700-1455647480_thumb.jpeg

As many of you over on Flickr asked for instructions I have decided to release the LDD file. If you use the file to build your own X-Wing please be honest about it and don't present it as your own work. Thanks! :) Also, I'd love to see pictures of your X-Wings! Modifications are very welcome and I might have to steal the best ones. :wink:

So, here is the file: T-70 X-Wing wings seperate.lxf Have fun building! EDIT: As several people seem to have had problems opening the file I uploaded to EB but sending it via E-Mail seems to work, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the file as soon as I can. :)

Note: I split the model up into modules that I'd recommend building seperatly first as assembling the wings can be quite tricky and I found this to be the easiest way. If you have any further questions just ask me here and I will get to you as soon as possible.

(Obviously I wasn't able to incorporate the windshield part in it. There are also a few small parts missing from the guns as LDD deleted them every time I saved the file but you should be able to figure those out yourselves. :) )

I can’t private message you because it won’t allow me but would it be fine if I give you my email address or you give me your email address