CopMike

75098 Assault on Hoth

Well, this set did something I didn't think was possible: it made the also meh Classic Batcave look good! :laugh: I was gonna pass on the Batcave for this set, but then this was revealed, and now I think I know what I'm gonna use some VIP early access for....

Well, this set did something I didn't think was possible: it made the also meh Classic Batcave look good! :laugh: I was gonna pass on the Batcave for this set, but then this was revealed, and now I think I know what I'm gonna use some VIP early access for....

2b5faa918771430f5f6bc6f57d302569.jpg

It's really growing on me. I think it can be appreciated more if you can envision the hangar doors closed. It looks rather bare with it open. It seems to be a very good starting point for a MOC interior. I wish there were a couple more snowtroopers, oh well. I'll be picking up at least one (maybe two?!?) the day it comes out at my local lego store.

A good starting point for a MOC interior? Maybe... but after spending nearly 300 bucks what money is there left to MOC it? :sceptic:

The european prices for this "UCS" set will be even more ridiculous than US or british prices, i mean already listed in the netherlands for 280 Euro? Thats 310 Dollars :hmpf_bad:

Mmmmh... looking at this set again... it's not as awful as I first thought it to be.

Although the design isn't half bad, and the whole would admittedly make a nice display set, the price is very high.

300CAD is a lot, but, perhaps, by MOC-ing in the 7879 Hoth Echo Base, this set might be worth purchasing, especially for those missing the older set with the blast doors.

While it is a kit bash, I'm buying it since it incorporates a few sets I sold and have yet to buy back. Plus it's OT and those are the only sets I collect aside from TFA sets.

These sets are designed for kids, with the UCS for older kids. Like Bernie Loomis said, "Show me the play value." There is a lot of play value in a set like this, which is apparentjy is good selling point.

If it's modular, has anyone ever thought that there will be another set to add to this in the future? Understand there are technic pins to connect the wampa cave to the part behind the mini command station. Possible for a December or 2017 add on with interior and with leia? Looks like that "hoth attack with han can be added/connected to the trench

Disclaimer: not a rumor, not a wish list.

Well for what it's worth I now appreciate the Ewok Village set even more. I'm surprised to see it's around after it's being released in 2h 2013! Might be the longest lasting SW set ever?

If it's modular, has anyone ever thought that there will be another set to add to this in the future? Understand there are technic pins to connect the wampa cave to the part behind the mini command station. Possible for a December or 2017 add on with interior and with leia? Looks like that "hoth attack with han can be added/connected to the trench

I don't think the Hoth Attack set is intended to be attached. Neither the trench or power generators have any connection points to allow expansions while the main gate uses a different kind of clip to attach the ion cannon and third turret.

Would be nice to get another set with Leia to expand the interior though.

I think they mean it's modular in that the turrets can be placed at any of the positions.

Well for what it's worth I now appreciate the Ewok Village set even more. I'm surprised to see it's around after it's being released in 2h 2013! Might be the longest lasting SW set ever?

Not even close, 10188 stuck around for more than 7 years.

I think they mean it's modular in that the turrets can be placed at any of the positions.

The interior of the base is definitely modular. Should be pretty easy to add new rooms connecting to the main gate.

Is that rebel head with reddish beard new? Otherwise only Luke's head is new! (Unless Janson's is new, as I haven't seen any pictures that show his head.)

Edit: Just checked, Wes and Wedge have the same head.

Edited by Jbricks

Is that rebel head with reddish beard new? Otherwise only Luke's head is new! (Unless Janson's is new, as I haven't seen any pictures that show his head.)

Edit: Just checked, Wes and Wedge have the same head.

The rebel head (Major Derlin) is new. It was designed for this set but the delay resulted in it appearing in the Resistance Battlepack first.

(snip) resulted in it appearing in the Resistance Battlepack first.

That is nice to know, never noticed before due to the helmets!

Otherwise only Luke's head is new!

Which other fig(s) use the Toryn Farr head?

Which other fig(s) use the Toryn Farr head?

Both Toryn Farr and the female Resistance soldier from 75103 are using the same head.(The female Resistance soldier from 75103 use that head for the first time)

EDIT: Toryn Farr's head also make the first appearance in the Ideas Doctor Who set among with 75103.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Both Toryn Farr and the female Resistance soldier from 75103 are using the same head.(The female Resistance soldier from 75103 use that head for the first time)

Also Clara Oswald in Doctor Who

Also Clara Oswald in Doctor Who

Oh, how can I forget about Clara Oswald? Perhaps because I didn't really interested in Doctor Who.

But however, the female Resistance soldier in 75103 use that head for the first time in a Star Wars set.

Alright, I finally got it! This is like the 3 1/2 stars (out of 5) reviews internet crybabies gave The Force Awakens DVD/Blu-ray on amazon.uk (for a product they don't even own yet)! Right?

"Worst SW movie ever"! - "Waste of an opportunity" - "Cash cow".

Sounds familiar.

Favorite: "Luke warm" - soooooo clever!

There got to be something to this QQ thing that I'm missing in my life. Maybe I could get the hang of it, too. Be part of the gang. Let's give it a try!

I ... really don't like the box! I might even hate it a little bit. It's nothing special, looks like its just taped shut on the sides. Seriously, for 250 bucks?? Feels so cheap.

You can do better, Lego! 0/5!

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just dont understand how they can realease a UCS Echo Base set without Leia. Shes like the main character in the base, and the film focus heavily on her in the assult-scenes.

The only logical thing would be to realease a modular add-on set with Leia, bacta-tank etc.

But Legos realeases are not known to be "logical"...

Just checked the UK price and it's equivalent to $316.

No way I'm picking up this set.

I think that honour belongs to the Death Star 10188...

I just dont understand how they can realease a UCS Echo Base set without Leia. Shes like the main character in the base, and the film focus heavily on her in the assult-scenes.

It's not an Echo base set.

It's ASSAULT ON HOTH. So, with everything that's going on outside of the gate, and a token imperial presence. Because we were supposed to stock up on AT-ATs and snowspeeders LAST YEAR.

The base interior doesn't seem to be the focus of this set, which is where Leia was hanging out. Not that she was doing much anyway. Maybe TLG felt that two similar-looking female figures (Toryn and Leia) were too much?

The fact that the 2014 AT-AT and Snowspeeder are retired is questionnable considering some people skipped those knowing a Hoth based UCS was coming. The irony...

They should rename this set ''Assault on the Beaten Dead Horse''.