CopMike

75098 Assault on Hoth

75098 Assault on Hoth™

Ages 12+. 2,144 pieces.

US $249.99 - CA $299.99 - DE 249.99€ - UK £219.99 - DK 2199.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Play out action-packed Hoth battles like never before!

This fantastic LEGO® recreation of the Rebel force’s Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you need to create your own epic ice-planet battles. Set out on scouting missions with the Snowspeeder armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and when you spot the enemy speeder bike, get back to base and help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes lock down the blast doors, ready the laser cannons, man the gun turrets with dual spring-loaded shooters and power up the devastating ion cannon, also with 2 spring-loaded shooters! This amazing model has so many more features, including a service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, rotating communication dish, scout post with dual stud shooters and a Tauntaun with its own stable. There’s even a Wampa cave (with Wampa) for Luke to escape from! This amazingly detailed set’s modular design also means that you can create your very own Rebel base configuration. Prepare for ultimate LEGO Star Wars action!

• Includes 14 minifigures with assorted weapons: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Rebel Officer, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, 5 Rebel troopers and 2 Snowtroopers, plus an R3-A2, Tauntaun and a Wampa.

• Features Rebel base with modular wall and trench sections, a Snowspeeder and a speeder bike.

• Wall section features slidable blast doors, service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, ion cannon with dual spring-loaded shooters, laser turret with spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, scout post with dual stud shooters and space for a minifigure, Tauntaun stable and a Wampa cave.

• Trench section features heavy blasters, laser turret with double spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, and a laser cannon with rapid stud shooter.

• Snowspeeder features an opening cockpit, extending speed flaps and 2 spring-loaded shooters.

• Weapons include Luke’s Lightsaber, 7 blaster pistols, 2 blaster rifles and 2 blasters.

• Accessories include 7 Hoth Rebel helmets, 2 Snowtrooper helmets, and Wes and Wedge’s flight helmets.

• Man the weapons and prepare to fire!

• Jump in the Snowspeeder and track the enemy.

• Keep a lookout for Imperial forces from the scout post.

• Close the blast doors and prepare for battle!

• Tend to the Tauntaun.

• Hoist up the Snowspeeder ready for servicing.

• Bring down orbiting starships with the devastating ion cannon!

• Can Luke escape the ferocious Wampa?

• Snowspeeder measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide.

• Speeder bike measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

• Power generator measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.

• Wall section including ion cannon measures over 5” (15cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.

• Trench section measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (35cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

April 30, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

8]US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

8]CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

8]CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

8]European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved. Star Wars and all characters, names and related indicia are © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.gallery_148_132_692641.jpg

gallery_148_132_306839.jpg

gallery_148_132_235139.jpg

gallery_148_132_7789.jpg

gallery_148_132_182304.jpg

gallery_148_132_70286.jpg

gallery_148_132_19332.jpg

gallery_148_132_156179.jpg

gallery_148_132_178124.jpg

gallery_148_132_340341.jpg

gallery_148_132_135440.jpg

gallery_148_132_187229.jpg

gallery_148_132_11912.jpg

gallery_148_132_283766.jpg

gallery_148_132_109788.jpg

gallery_148_132_207737.jpg

gallery_148_132_161468.jpg

gallery_148_132_50841.jpg

gallery_148_132_220287.jpg

gallery_148_132_119916.jpg

gallery_148_132_64187.jpg

gallery_148_132_173370.jpg

gallery_148_132_37978.jpg

gallery_148_132_110524.jpg

gallery_148_132_20709.jpg

gallery_148_132_36435.jpg

gallery_148_132_160460.jpg

gallery_148_132_100307.jpg

I love it. This is the mega playset of all LEGO Star Wars Hoth battle sets combined altogether. This is real nice indeed. :wub:

Its all said and done in the Rumours 2016 Thread for me.

Apart from the outer apperance of the main entrance and maybe the shield generator, there is just nothing about this set that is good in my eyes.

Too insubstantial, too expensive, too many detracting playfeatures that kill the display value, mundane minifig lineup, barely any "assault" in this assualt on hoth, misplaced inclusion of snowspeeder and wampa cave, below average builds for the defense turrets and ion cannon that look nothing like the real ones.

In addition there is not much unique stuff to the build in general and it feels more like a 3in1 Superpack than anything else (let alone UCS quality).

Edited by BigEl

Had we not have gotten the other previous hoth sets I would of said that this set is on par with the ewok village , but the fact remains that this is just a collection of all the previous sets apart from two items. Heck the wampa cave is exactly the same. I understand why people may criticize some for not liking the set , but there is a line to be drawn what on constitutes a USC set and a multi-pack set. This from the guidelines of previous USC`s that came before from all themes is not a USC.

Edited by kermit

This will be around 270 euro in Belgium. Simply disgraceful.

Well thats the thing. Not only is the cold price per part very bad, but also the price for what you actually get. The third picture illustrates it perfectly that this set contains of 2 - 3 medium size builds while the rest of them are small and pretty insignificant.

How in the right mind someone thought this would ever be worth 250 dollars/euro is completely ridiculous to me, even for Lego standards.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - where's Leia? There's really no excuse for the main heroine to be left out here.

That aside what really sells this set for me is the modular design which is something the previous Hoth sets lacked. Being able to combine all the small pieces together to create one big display piece makes the set feel a lot more substantial than originally thought. The Wampa Cave looks so much better being intergrated into the base than as a stand alone piece. I'm still not entirely happy about the lack of a medical bay and the small control room, but at least the set allows room for expansions in the future along with easy customization.

This is a fantastic set for those FOLs new to LSW or Hoth. For the rest uf us, well it's more of a very expensive add-on set. Not much new here at all but still some nice looking minifigs. As far as UCS sets go, I'm not sure this is worthy. Why couldn't TLG have asked Brick Commander to design this, the Slave-1 was real UCS quality, this one not so much. :sceptic: At any rate, the older Hoth sets will fill out a scene nicely if you include this and one or a few of the latest AT-ATs.

Why couldn't TLG have asked Brick Commander to design this, the Slave-1 was real UCS quality, this one not so much. :sceptic:

They did, look at the designer video.

Not UCS but I like the set now! Not worth $250 dollars at all but the minifigures are great! Loving the look of the new rebel trooper print

I feel like the minifigs and the cannon are the only two good things about this set. I'm afraid I will be passing on this one

Hi

i m a huge Hoth fan and so i was really looking forward for that set. As previous posters worte, its sadly a bunch of medium and small sized sets without any unique feature. No, the ball canon and the power plant wont make it into that class.

I believe it will be fun to huold that, with smaller kids especially, because these small builds and many steps and pauses.

I alwas have a look to SW sets from the investing perspective. Since this set isnt a must buy, nothing new but expensive, not many will purchase that (unlike the Ewok Village). So, this may be an jntersting investment in a few year after EOL, since there wont be many sealed sets outside left.

Dino

The Minifigure range is stunning. Aside from Han Solo and the Snowtroopers all of the others are unique.

I think if you haven't got any Hoth sets yet, this would serve as a good "starter" set... The price is a big ask but I do like the modular design aspect of it.

They did, look at the designer video.

Haven't seen the designer video for this set yet. Where can I watch it?

They would have been better off re-releasing the imperial star destroyer or super star destroyer ucs sets then releasing this set.