Hey guys

What about pinning a new topic called, for example, "Software links" where would only be a long list of all software that ppl posted here in this section so one can find them all quite easily (+ it would be locked so ppl would not be tempted leaving some kind of messages - it would be just a clear shortcut to posts of those sw form this forum section) - what do you think, hm? :wink:

Also there would only be sw name, short one sentence description and link to its topic here on BR forum - It could look for example somehow like this:

BlueRender ( http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=109972 )

• renders your LDD models into photorealistic picture output

SW2 ( http://www.eurobrick... )

• some description here...

SW3 ( http://www.eurobrick... )

• some other description...

Reason:

For example, lately I was searching for a sw that exports LDD model bricks into a file that can be uploaded to Bricklink creating new favorite entry in my profile - I remember I saw it here once but I forget its name, author, everything about that sw - now if we had such topic as I suggested it would be nothing easier than open that locked pinned topic and find my sw I am looking for!

Edited by bublible

Sometimes also the best IT professionals have a bad day :p

Right: the "problem" for me was/is that @Calabar did not update initial topic post rather instead posted it as one of its other succeeding posts - I actually was looking at the same pinned topic as you guys, scrolled down a bit but when I did not see the list I thought it is not there (I did not think he would make it like that expecting having it all in one first initial post cos to me it happened to be a bit misleading as you can see, ah - my fault, sorry)

Edited by bublible

@bublible

I update the Section Index locally, and I "upload" the changes occasionally.

The problem is that the topic is locked and I've to bother Superkalle in order to unlock it.

About pinned topics, time ago we decided to reduce the number of pinned topics because we noticed that many pinned topics means very few users that read them.

At the end we decided that only a Section Rules and a Section Index topic was really necessary, and that we should avoid to yield to temptation to add other topics to the list! :grin:

About find the list in the Index Topic, note that in the first post you can find a general index that lead to the desired post.

@bublible

I update the Section Index locally, and I "upload" the changes occasionally.

The problem is that the topic is locked and I've to bother Superkalle in order to unlock it.

About pinned topics, time ago we decided to reduce the number of pinned topics because we noticed that many pinned topics means very few users that read them.

At the end we decided that only a Section Rules and a Section Index topic was really necessary, and that we should avoid to yield to temptation to add other topics to the list! :grin:

About find the list in the Index Topic, note that in the first post you can find a general index that lead to the desired post.

:classic: yes, as I said it was my mistake thinking it is not there...