Sign in to follow this  
Tokru

Zeno's travels in Ulandus I: Along the road

Not long after Zeno had begun his Grand Tour to discover and describe all remains of the civilisation of the ancient Ulandians he stumbled upon his first find.

Not far from home, directly next to a small path in the woods stood one lonely column. It seemed to mock the flow of time with its refusal to succumb to the forces of nature like the rest of the structure it once undoubtetly belonged to and from which no trace was to be seen. Zeno took off his backpack and placed it carefully against a rock. Then he searched for a piece of parchment, his quill and some ink. Successfully having found all things necessary he could start to document the site and all visible structures. Upon further inspection the lonely column was actually not as lonely as presumed. In short distance behind it there was a second column, albeit in much worse condition. Only a short stump was still in place. Single column drums lay, nearly complety hidden by foliage, in a straight line next to it. Without any doubt these once formed a column similar to the other. What they once supported Zeno couldn't determine because even carefully searching the vicinity he didn't find any traces of bigger structures. He only found some small fragments of a pavement made of large marble slabs around to two columns.

From what he had learnt about architecture these scarce finds were not enough to draw a conclusion about the building which they once belonged to. But the precious material of the pavement and likewise the columns - marble - spoke of a more exquisite context. Maybe a villa of some noble family or even a small temple.

Zeno carefully put his documentation is his backpack, gathered all his belongings and left to continue his adventure, now, after this first great find, even more motivated.

24881135241_5d9212185e_z.jpg

24881138251_8abe618c67_z.jpg

24856463252_23c8c597ec_z.jpg

I'd like to get UoP credit for

- trees (1/3)

- flowers and dense foliage landscaping

Also I apologize for the bad image quality. This beeing my first MoC I didn't have a proper backdrop for photographing available and therefore had to make use of Photoshop to get a white background.

That's a great build! I really like the vegetation, but also the White pillars. Only point of critique would be the Road, doch could use some more reliëf, altough it's good you used different Colors for IT! Also, Nice border!

Great start to your builds for the Guilds. The fallen pillar is my favorite detail :wub: Though your border and landscape are quite good too :thumbup:

A very nice first MOC Tokru, the foliage is great and the column looks really good! +1 for the UoP credits!

Next time you do a path or something like that, I'd suggest sticking with a few less colors for the road - tan and dark tan go together well, with maybe a hint of stone (either light or dark grey) - or various shades of grey give the impression of a rock road - or brown and dark brown looks like dirt - but having all those colors together gives it a rather mixed up appearance!

Like others said; this is an excellent first build :classic: Processing the background is something that I always have to do with my pictures, cos I don't have a fancy setup, so you're not the only one :wink: Keep on building!

Nicely done little scene. The fallen pillar is a nice touch.

I agree with Kai that the road is a bit BOLOCs, but it's a minor distraction.

+1 for the UoP credits. The foliage is a bit smaller than I'd like, but it's well done.