Sign in to follow this  
Ikaatril

What would you like to see in future bionicle sets?

What would you like to see in future sets?

I'd like to see something less humanoid and more 'alien', something that's not really any existing creature nor resembling a humanoid.

Big exclusive sets. With vehicle and over 300 parts count. Like speeda demon and 8998. Similar to Toa Lhikan and his beast.

Jungle moons and Robot Laser Dinosaurs. :grin: Or just more dinosaurs and non humanoid builds in general would be nice. Actually, a BIONICLE wave that involved new versions of the Slizers would be interesting. :thumbup:

Didn't we have a wishlist thread? Eh, anyways I want 2017 Makuta to be larger then Witch Doctor and Grievous, ya know? Or at least just a huge villain, maybe have a Makuta set and then a Makuta of Ultimate Power or something. Slap a 49.99 or higher budget on that thing.

This, and a wide diversity of mechanisms.

Yeah, more stuff in the vein of 2015, please.

Also, I just want some big sets. Creatures, preferably, since we're getting way too many humanoids. Maybe making Makuta or the MoUP's final form some sort of huge dragon.

@OP: Leeches would be my choice of relatively alien animal, since snake/worm-like builds would be something completely new for CCBS, especially if they bother to give it proper eyes and triple tooth discs.

Edited by DraikNova

I don't want to burst your bubble but G2 Tahtorak would probably end up being the same color as Lewa 2015/2016 instead of Mata Green.

Why? Lewa 2015 has SOME regular green parts.

Vehicles and other in scale props like official mask Shrines or weapons rack. in lieu of that maybe 2006-7 type playsets using the ingenious Invasion from below minifigures and more intriguing integration of system and technic for gimmicks.

if not those i want something overtly mechanical or artifical like the vahki or Bohrok. maybe these new enemies can be 4 legged drones akin to the VNOLG nektahn or mazeka's swamp strider. could possibly make up a theme of power,with the Skull warriors being eldrich magic Umarak harnessing gaian nature and this hypothetical 3rd year being technological prowess.

essentially more mech in the BIOlogical chroNICLE. or something.

Why? Lewa 2015 has SOME regular green parts.

He doesn't. He uses aslightly different shade of green, which is not the same as the "standard" LEGO green (aka Mata Green).

Big exclusive sets. With vehicle and over 300 parts count. Like speeda demon and 8998. Similar to Toa Lhikan and his beast.

+1 for this, and some minifig-scale playset would also be a nice surprise.

Vehicles and other in scale props like official mask Shrines or weapons rack. in lieu of that maybe 2006-7 type playsets using the ingenious Invasion from below minifigures and more intriguing integration of system and technic for gimmicks.

if not those i want something overtly mechanical or artifical like the vahki or Bohrok. maybe these new enemies can be 4 legged drones akin to the VNOLG nektahn or mazeka's swamp strider. could possibly make up a theme of power,with the Skull warriors being eldrich magic Umarak harnessing gaian nature and this hypothetical 3rd year being technological prowess.

essentially more mech in the BIOlogical chroNICLE. or something.

While I'd also like the vehicles and mech, I think they would clash with the intended tone since they're trying to keep the mystical setting of the Mata Nui arc. And I wouldn't want playsets and minifigures to replace action figures so soon. Maybe if they can get beyond the planned three years...

However, beast-pulled carriages, actual mounts or some long-lost machinery pulled from the ancient ruins of Okoto might make good vehicles in the meantime.

Aside from everything you guys mentioned, there's also a couple of things I'd like to see:

• An anti-villain in the style of G1 Krika (maybe with a redemption arc).
  • Transformable characters in the vein of Bohrok and Vahki.
  • Canisters integrated into the story (I don't mean making them plastic vessels again, I get cardboard boxes are cheaper and more eco-friendly; maybe something like shaping the boxes so, when stacked in a certain way, they form one of the temples of Okoto).
  • More villager heroes.
  • Reusing some ideas from the original which were scrapped (Three-Finger Island, Baterra sets...).
  • More mask powers besides elemental and Creation/Control/Time (I'm guessing we'll get the Mask of Time, anyway...).

Edited by The Outsider

He doesn't. He uses aslightly different shade of green, which is not the same as the "standard" LEGO green (aka Mata Green).

Yep. G1 Lewa used 28 Dark Green and 119 Bright Yellowish Green. Toa Matau and Toa Kongu used 141 Earth Green. And G2 Lewa uses 37 Bright Green.

While I'd also like the vehicles and mech, I think they would clash with the intended tone since they're trying to keep the mystical setting of the Mata Nui arc. And I wouldn't want playsets and minifigures to replace action figures so soon. Maybe if they can get beyond the planned three years...

However, beast-pulled carriages, actual mounts or some long-lost machinery pulled from the ancient ruins of Okoto might make good vehicles in the meantime.

I don't think vehicles would necessarily clash with the mystical setting as long as they're designed and presented in a way that feels sufficiently mystical. Like the way the Exo-Toa was described as "armor" rather than as a mech. Or like the "legendary machines" like Dragoon from Kirby Air Ride. A vehicle doesn't have to look and feel like a mere piece of futuristic tech.

Ideally in a constraction theme you would want any vehicle to have at least one moving parts function to really take advantage of the Technic-based build. Say, a glider with extendable wings for a Toa or villager. Baranus V7 was a good example of a vehicle that felt primitive enough for a low-tech setting, but it also felt fairly boring compared to all the other vehicle sets that year.

I don't think vehicles would necessarily clash with the mystical setting as long as they're designed and presented in a way that feels sufficiently mystical. Like the way the Exo-Toa was described as "armor" rather than as a mech. Or like the "legendary machines" like Dragoon from Kirby Air Ride. A vehicle doesn't have to look and feel like a mere piece of futuristic tech.

Ideally in a constraction theme you would want any vehicle to have at least one moving parts function to really take advantage of the Technic-based build. Say, a glider with extendable wings for a Toa or villager. Baranus V7 was a good example of a vehicle that felt primitive enough for a low-tech setting, but it also felt fairly boring compared to all the other vehicle sets that year.

That's what I meant when I said "long-lost machinery pulled from the ancient ruins of Okoto": something mechanical but clearly not futuristic or sci-fi (like the Ussanui from G1).

And I have to agree, the Baranus was a bit lacuster compared to, say, the Thornatus.

I would love to see a return of Master-like designs next year for the final toa....the return of keetorange for Lewa, interesting new mask designs as always.....oh goodness would I ever love to see elements of uniter gali integrated with master gali with that beautiful colour scheme...I feel the uniter gimmicks kinda limited the Toa this time around, they don't feel as complete as the masters by consequence. I would love to see new elements.....so something a la bohrok kal but for the toa to give them even more interesting designs. That would be awesome. I don't know though, lego usually is pretty good in terms of design, at least for me. Obviously a large Titan not as ugly as Umarak the destroyer (again for me). Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with what we've gotten so far.