Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL-FB1] No one writes to the Colonel, Weelond

Colonel Oystridge sat in his office in the Officer Quarter on Weelond. He had just finished a map of the island where he found Orbinson and Mercredi, drawn by a local cartographer for his coloring book. "Hmm, I wonder where I put my cigars... Did I bring them from the ship? Let's see, last I had them..." He had not completed his line of though before he heard a familiar knock. The knock of the order. "Come in!"

24856210562_ac456f3e90_z.jpg

It was Gilroy O’Dougahallahan, the keeper of the books. "Greetings, Colonel. I come with news from the order. Bardo is suffering from food shortage and bad morale. Your countenance are needed there."

24347341713_f285d61b85_z.jpg

"Thats a shame. I have begun to like it here in Weelond. But I can't dismiss The Orders orders. Bad morale you say? Bad morale is bad for your health. They couldn't have just sent a letter?".

"Sir, with all due respect, everyone knows that no one just writes the Colonel. You have a great deal of respect in the colonies, you know".

"Well, I suppose. It would have been nice to get a letter once in a while though. I am going to forget how to read", he laughed merrily.

"Not to worry, I am quite sure the people of Bardo won't notice."

"That bad, is it? We will have to something about that. Well then, what are we waiting for? Would you mind taking my belongings to the docks and telling my ship not to unload the spices. I have a couple of friends I have to visit before we go", The Colonel asked.

"Actually, there is a small house I wanted to do some research...". (Small house in Weelond)

Well aware of which house Gilroy was referring to he replied:

"That's an order. If you don't mind. We won't set sail until tomorrow morning". The Colonel had a knack for getting his way without making people feel repressed, and still carry his authority well. Often this involved just listening, not stressing and leaving some open time in his plans for people to do their thing.

"Oh, well then, Certainly, sir, I'll see to it".

24947882876_0200cdd7f4_z.jpg

Ooc: This build will not be licenced for quite a while, so the Majors bonus is still available. It is actually available if the MCTC or the settlement of Weelond wants to licence it. And there is a job opening for a new officer and gentleman :wink: Kai, I hope you don't me referring to your small house.

That's a pretty good interior. I like the furniture and the massive walls are more realistic. The windows are neat, but the floor seems rough in comparison to the rest of the scene. The shadows are a bit strong too, but beyond that it's a nice office.

I didn't realize the Colonel was living on Weelond. Very good!

I like the windows. Good furniture, too. And of course, good story!

Nice interior, the way you did the inset for the windows is great!

Like the reference to my build too!

Nice interior. As Kai mentioned I also really like the way you inset the windows using the reverse slopes. The minifigure combinations are also quite nice - did you deliberately paint the Colonel's epaulettes, or is it just an old piece that someone has modified along the way? Either way it looks very good and matches his attire well.

Nice interior. As Kai mentioned I also really like the way you inset the windows using the reverse slopes. The minifigure combinations are also quite nice - did you deliberately paint the Colonel's epaulettes, or is it just an old piece that someone has modified along the way? Either way it looks very good and matches his attire well.

Those epaulettes that "someone" modified in their childhood. They are old. Probably from one of the first sets, if not The first pirate set released. pir_laugh2.gif Edited by Sir Stig

Those epaulettes that "someone" modified in their childhood. They are old. Probably from one of the first sets, if not The first pirate set released. pir_laugh2.gif

lol, I thought that might be the case, reminds me of a few pieces I have lying around!!