Sign in to follow this  
Kayne

The Elemendi-Chapter One-Going Underground

Chapter 1-Going Underground

There was a distinct musty odor to the room. That in itself was odd. Here in Kaliphlin, moisture is rare so a musty smell is not common. However, this far below the city Ras-El-Akhen which was located on the Akhenaten Delta and thus on the coast of The Great Southern Ocean, there was a definite mustiness to the air.

Kha removed his breastplate and placed on the stand just beneath his helm. For a moment he just stared and admired the workings of the Kaliphlin Lion standard and the Red and Blue accents that denoted his loyalty to this great kingdom. With a great exhale, he turned around and readied himself to leave.

24846379932_d54746be2e_c.jpg

“Sir, are you sure this is such a good idea?” asked Henrik. Henrik was Kha’s oldest advisor here in the city of Ras-El-Akhen. For the duration of Kha’s rule, Henrik had been there attending to even the most minute details that he felt would help Kha be a great leader for his city.

“No….I am not sure this is a good idea. But, now that we have started the Resistance and with the uprising that Malek has caused, I am out of options.”

“Yes sir, turning Malek from the Desert King has certainly changed the landscape throughout Kaliphlin. However, I am not sure that this undertaking of yours is absolutely necessary. I am certain that you are the leader your people need here when all of this comes to a head.” Henrik countered.

“Henry, you know that the Desert King has put a mark on my head. And even though most of the citizens here are loyal to me and to Kaliphlin, there are movements in the shadows even here. I have seen them, and I have been lucky so far. With what the Desert King is unleashing now, I fear that I must take drastic measures to ensure the future of a free Kaliphlin.

“We cannot stand against the might he has gathered, and the unnatural powers he has at hand. Masa and I have uncovered something that may change the tide of this war for good. An ancient knowledge, or power actually that can help us remove the tyrant from his seat of power.” Kha continued.

“So, I must go not only for my safety, but for the future of our land.”

“My Lord Kha, I understand, but must you go looking such a vagabond?”, despite his proper upbringing and positive outlook, Henrik wasn’t able to make that sound complementing.

With a laugh, Kha responded, “This is the only way I can get out of the city without being recognized! And I am in for a rough and dusty road ahead.”, he paused and took on a serious look.

“Henrik, I need you to keep an eye on things here in Ras-El-Akhen as I’m gone. No matter who takes over the palace and the city, you must not let on your loyalty. Be the most loyal servant to them you can be. I need an insider when I return. And when I return, it will be in force and the Desert King will tremble.”

24596740509_106950472e_c.jpg

As Kha wove his way through the streets of the city, he paused to take in the sights, smells and sounds of the land he loved. Through it all though, he could sense an air of fear and tension that seemed to crackle just below the surface. It was the fear of a free people that knew liberty was at risk.

As he passed through the great Akhenaten gate, Kha paused and turned one last time to look on his city. He silently vowed that no matter what it took, he would see the council restored in Kaliphlin and the sovereign states returned to prominence.

And at the last, he had to chuckle as he saw a member of the A’shan Daes standing vigilant atop the gate. With a quick tribute, the A’shan raised her spear and departed.

Now, it was up to Kha. He and Masa had uncovered some ancient tomes that referred to an ancient. Referred to only as the Elemendi, but with such a combination of fear and reverence as to imply great power…

24596742309_c706cda395_c.jpg

Just a couple more shots of the gate...

24846387282_ef80b20930_c.jpg

24337505843_2759403dd5_c.jpg

So....The Resistance is taking shape now. To the Ax with the Tax was just the beginning. I have quite a bit planned here, and some interesting new elements to bring to Historica as the plot thickens in Kaliphlin's turmoil as well as the impending Nocturnus civil war. Hope you enjoyed it, and stay tuned as I will try to continue this story in a grand fashion.

Edited by Kayne

'Grand' is certainly the right word for the entree you made here! Beautiful writing and a very neat gate with scene. Great work, please keep it up! :thumbup:

Great builds! The arch is excellent. One thing though, how does the minifies on top of the arch get down! :classic: Count me in for the resistance!

Beautiful builds! The gate is impressive! Great to see Kaliphlin activity continue!

Since you mentioned Masa, I do have a small build that has been sitting for some time on one of my shelves that might fit along with your story. If you would be interested in a colab build, PM me and I will give you more details. :classic:

Excellent builds Kayne, lovely detailing on that arch, and very nice work with the smaller build as well! Great use of the trans-dark-clear bricks in the floor, and excellent wall too, I really like the dark brown hints in the room! Can't wait to see the Desert King taken down! :wink:

Nice interior, but that gate is just awesome! I really like IT, with it's smooth walls and Nice reliëfs

I'm glad to see the resistance is continuing! :thumbup: Excellent arch, the details are great and the size is really impressive! The interior build is very nice as well!

Love that interior, with its excellent color choices, and wall detailing :thumbup: But the gate is even better :wub: The larger foundation of each pillar, and decorations over the arch look amazing :classic:

Wow, very captivating story! Looking forward to what is coming next. The interior scene is well done, and that arch is just ace - grand and nicely detailed :classic: If you removed the black smudges on the edges of some of the photos I think that would improve the images. Or perhaps it's just me that notice these things, cos I tend get those myself all the time :wink: In any case, great work! :classic:

Beautiful build, Kayne! The clean yet ornate architecture of the gate is fantastic, I especially like how you used the handcuffs :thumbup:

The interior scene is great too, I like the wall texturing. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes next :classic:

The arch impresses most of all. Nothing is plain there! How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become so skillful ?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. Add a few more pictures from different angles.The playability of your creation is amazing and you combined a few different ideas in one MOC.

Wow! The interior scene is very nice, but that Arch -- gorgeous work!

Looking forward to more Resistance stories!

The arch impresses most of all. Nothing is plain there! How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become so skillful ?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. Add a few more pictures from different angles.The playability of your creation is amazing and you combined a few different ideas in one MOC.

Wow...thanks for the praise! I still consider myself a dabbler compared to the many great builders out there. Just keep being inspired and building what you love. Some of the great MOC'ers out there knock out real pieces of art all the time, and they help to keep me inspired.

Wow, very captivating story! Looking forward to what is coming next. The interior scene is well done, and that arch is just ace - grand and nicely detailed :classic: If you removed the black smudges on the edges of some of the photos I think that would improve the images. Or perhaps it's just me that notice these things, cos I tend get those myself all the time :wink: In any case, great work! :classic:

Yeah...I thought that I got that out, but when I linked it on Flickr it was back...it drives me nuts too!

Great builds! The arch is excellent. One thing though, how does the minifies on top of the arch get down! :classic: Count me in for the resistance!

The A'shan Daes are mysterious nomads...who can explain their ways :wink:

Thank you to everyone else who commented as well!

It feels like we didn't have much true Kaliphlin feel since the end of the civil war. But that triumph arc brings back the Kaliphlin feel for sure. Hope to read the next story part soon.