Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

[SR - FB] Revenge on Mardier

News of the decimated fleet soon reached Bastion. Hearing that one of his ships, the Dogged Wench, had been lost at sea, Captain Quick soon began plotting revenge. He gathered the lowest of Bastion's citizens that he could find; murderers, thieves, deserters, smugglers, poachers, vagrants, and even a lawyer gathered, men from all over the known world. The commotion attracted some of Bastion's industrious women to stop by to watch.

24667728620_7d524bb7e0_c.jpg

24332618944_704bb874f5_c.jpg

24869904991_7c6d5475cc_c.jpg

24845248132_523e246a8b_c.jpg

Better pictures of the figures under the spoiler.

24667722910_c9c24f90ae_c.jpg

24336366343_8ef881282f_c.jpg

24936908396_3b96c3aeba_c.jpg

24667718360_25c4a9e48f_c.jpg

24336361083_41dc2373d6_c.jpg

24332607104_4182b06b5c_c.jpg

Well, I've been wanting to do a MOC with the MMV buildings ever since I got it (thank you, fred67!), and I thought it would fit in a pirate scene just as well as a medieval scene. After starting the build, I got a very bad urge to do a pirate figbarf, which I really had fun with. Some might be less convincing pirates than others (still unsure about using Tauriel's body) but there's a few I really like. Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed. C&C welcome!

A very nice port scene with some great figures there. I considered going fleshie for BoBS, but most of my exisiting pirate torsos are yellow, not to mention the Islanders! Anyway you've created some excellent fleshie figures that make me almost want to reconsider pirate_laugh_new.gif Mardier should be very worried!!

That's a really nice scene. I like the addition of the bell tower in the background.

I would recommend breaking up the sand green along the base of the quay, perhaps by using some plates, to prevent it from being all at a single layer.

Love the half timbered buildings! ....and I like the layer of sand green....shows where the tide goes.

Lovely setting. The MMV is a nice starting point and you've built some really good surroundings. The sand green masonry looks nice for showing the tide line, and the pier and cobblestone look good. But the minifigs really steal the show. The standard pirate 'figs have too much exposed yellow skin to be useful as fleshies, but these other themed 'figs can be made to look really good in these settings as you've obviously discovered. Good work.

Great scene and build. Sand green mason bricks works well for algae slime. All the figs filling the street gives it life. There is an opening in the right hand side, is there also an underground part?

Great build overall. I think it might be a bit too "solid" for a settlement as young as Bastion, but then eagain the style of the houses fits it really well.

The collection of minifigures is just great, it really brings along the vibe of those anarchists/pirates, who just seek to live out their different opinions. In my opinion those should definitely inspire future "civilized" builds for the Sea Rats.

Thanks to all for the comments, I really appreciate the feedback.

A very nice port scene with some great figures there. I considered going fleshie for BoBS, but most of my exisiting pirate torsos are yellow, not to mention the Islanders! Anyway you've created some excellent fleshie figures that make me almost want to reconsider pirate_laugh_new.gif Mardier should be very worried!!

For a long time my pirate theme was always yellow, though my castle builds have always been fleshie. However, I decided I'd like to try to make it work with fleshie figs. The toughest will be the islanders, although I do have a few ideas for them. There are two islanders in this build actually, even though it's probably a little early to have them involved with the Sea Rats in this way.

That's a really nice scene. I like the addition of the bell tower in the background.

I would recommend breaking up the sand green along the base of the quay, perhaps by using some plates, to prevent it from being all at a single layer.

I went with the straight line as that seemed most realistic for the tide line. However, looking at the pictures, the very distinct line does bother me a little too.

Great scene and build. Sand green mason bricks works well for algae slime. All the figs filling the street gives it life. There is an opening in the right hand side, is there also an underground part?

Unfortunately, no. I ran out of wedge pieces to make the walkway flush with the border (one of many complications I ran into after deciding the build should be diagonal, which ended up being pretty pointless since the only thing at 90 degrees with the baseplate is the water and border), so I just had the border run underneath and planned not to photograph the build from that side. It would seem, however, that I got rather sloppy with the pictures. And then I got lazy and decided not to fix it!

Great build overall. I think it might be a bit too "solid" for a settlement as young as Bastion, but then eagain the style of the houses fits it really well.

The collection of minifigures is just great, it really brings along the vibe of those anarchists/pirates, who just seek to live out their different opinions. In my opinion those should definitely inspire future "civilized" builds for the Sea Rats.

Yeah, I thought about that a little bit. It's hard to MOC in a town that was just built, as it really is hard to know how far along they are with building everything. I don't think the buildings are too far ahead of what could be expected, though the solid brick pier might be a little advanced (especially without a current stone quarry in the area).

Oh, lovely build! I really like the two houses! Great! (altough that sand green seems a bit straight indeed) :thumbup: