TheBrickPal

LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Discussion

freemakers-736x1024.jpg

Press release from StarWars.com:

Told in the whimsically-charged style that audiences have come to expect from LEGO Star Wars entertainment, the series stars the Freemakers, a family of scavengers who build and sell starships from the scoured debris of space battles strewn throughout the galaxy. When their youngest discovers a natural connection with the Force through an ancient artifact — the Kyber Saber — his world is turned upside down, and he and his family are thrown into an epic struggle against the Empire to restore peace and freedom to the galaxy. Throughout their adventures, the Freemakers explore new worlds, meet new and familiar characters, and learn the true value of what it means to be a family.

“We are very excited to launch for the first time a TV series with Disney XD,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing & entertainment at the LEGO Group. “The creative team behind The Freemaker Adventures is extremely talented, and the series is a great testament to our longstanding and successful partnership with Lucasfilm and Disney. The show masterfully combines the rich heritage of storytelling, great characters, action, and adventure in a galaxy far, far away with the creativity, imagination, and humor that only LEGO Star Wars can deliver. We are sure fans young and old are going to love the show.”

“With The Freemaker Adventures we are thrilled to bring all-new stories to life that could only be realized in the LEGO Star Wars universe,” said Carrie Beck, vice president, animation development at Lucasfilm. “We are embarking on an unprecedented collaboration that will allow us to extend the narrative experience of the Star Wars saga with the same playful spirit that’s always made LEGO Star Wars so much fun to watch. We are so thankful to have such great partners in the LEGO Group, Disney XD, and series developers Bill Motz and Bob Roth.”

LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures is a production of Wil Film, the LEGO Group, and Lucasfilm. Developed for television by Bill Motz and Bob Roth (Penguins of Madagascar), they join Torsten Jacobson (LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales) and Jill Wilfert (The LEGO Movie) as executive producers alongside producers Carrie Beck (Star Wars Rebels), Jason Cosler (LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled!), Jake Blais, and John McCormack.

EPISODES:

Season 1

1.) A Hero Discovered (6/20/16)

2.) The Mines of Graballa (6/21/16)

3.) Zander's Joyride (6/22/16)

4.) The Lost Treasure of Cloud City (6/23/16)

5.) Peril on Kashyyyk (6/27/16)

6.) Crossing Paths (7/11/16)

7.) Race on Tatooine (7/18/16)

8.) The Test (7/25/16)

LEGO SETS:

75145 Eclipse Fighter

75145-1.jpg?201605201119

75147 StarScavenger

75147-1.jpg?201605201119

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Looks rather interesting, i love me some Star Wars and LEGO, also for anyone who hasn't seen the cover for the TV Show.

lego-star-wars-freemaker-adventures-poster-169385.jpg

Edited by Ordinareo

I hope this is like Lego Star Wars Droid Tales, where they did a retelling of Star Wars Episodes 1-6, because I would love to see them do a retelling of Star Wars: The Force Awakens :)

I am actually looking forward to the sets, but I will reserve my opinions on the show itself for the premiere. They said that we will get two sets, so I assume they will be the ship and the weird Cloud City/Death Star shaped thing shown in the poster.

Edited by Airbenderfreak

I am actually looking forward to the sets, but I will reserve my opinions on the show itself for the premiere. They said that we will get two sets, so I assume they will be the ship and the weird Cloud City/Death Star shaped thing shown in the poster.

What do you mean, two sets in addition to the two that leaked/were at toy fair?

I didn't know about any leaked Star Wars sets.

There's the one on the poster, and then there's a sort of crescent-shaped red and black ship.

Sounds cool and unique. One thing that struck me about it when reading the press release is that there haven't been a whole lot of families in major Star Wars media where the parents aren't missing, dead, or evil. So this is a neat change of pace. The battle droid on the poster also amuses me, because as a family of scavengers of course their droid would be pieced together from old, discarded ones. :P

This is set to take place between Episodes 5 and 6, and there are going to be two sets this summer that tie in with it.

I didn't know about any leaked Star Wars sets.

You can probably find pictures, I know delta.customs on Instagram still has them. Anyone think this series is going to even try to fit in Star Wars canon? I doubt it.

You can probably find pictures, I know delta.customs on Instagram still has them. Anyone think this series is going to even try to fit in Star Wars canon? I doubt it.

probably not, if it is like Lego Star Wars Droid Tales, we will only get 1-3 minutes with the new characters and the rest of the episode will be retelling of the Star Wars movies(Episodes 1- Force Awakens)

probably not, if it is like Lego Star Wars Droid Tales, we will only get 1-3 minutes with the new characters and the rest of the episode will be retelling of the Star Wars movies(Episodes 1- Force Awakens)

It will not be like Droid Tales. We already know that this series will take place BETWEEN episodes 5 and 6, not during, and that the Freemaker family will be the main characters. Chances are it will be more like "The Yoda Chronicles", telling an original story.

I see no reason why it would or should try to fit seamlessly into Star Wars canon, though. It's a LEGO licensed series, and those are at their best when they poke fun at the franchises that inspire them instead of taking "canon" too seriously.

Edited by Aanchir

Did Lego just set the trailer private? Lucky that I downloaded it before it's too late! Love the legend about the kyber saber!

Oh man, does anyone have a mirror or can upload it?

Premieres today at 10 AM EST. Unfortunately I'll be at school, but not long after the premiere I'll be home watching it on DVR! Expect a review on Brickset, too.

So has anyone else here seen the first episode?

I just finished watching it, and I loved it! More so than previous LEGO Star Wars TV specials.

I liked how this is a completely original story and is putting on a more serious tone than previous series. The story is surprisingly intriguing and the characters are well done.

I think people who are skeptical of these TV specials due to childish humor, this one deserves a chance since it isn't overly filled with typical LEGO humor and they would find it manageable.

I haven't been paying attention to the two sets from this series, so Naare's twist at the end came as a complete surprise to me.

Hopefully someone over at the Star Wars forum will make a large scale Star Scavenger, as the actual set is tiny.

So has anyone else here seen the first episode?

I just finished watching it, and I loved it! More so than previous LEGO Star Wars TV specials.

I liked how this is a completely original story and is putting on a more serious tone than previous series. The story is surprisingly intriguing and the characters are well done.

I think people who are skeptical of these TV specials due to childish humor, this one deserves a chance since it isn't overly filled with typical LEGO humor and they would find it manageable.

I haven't been paying attention to the two sets from this series, so Naare's twist at the end came as a complete surprise to me.

Hopefully someone over at the Star Wars forum will make a large scale Star Scavenger, as the actual set is tiny.

I watched the first two episodes and man, this show is better than i though.

I watched the first two episodes and man, this show is better than i though.

Gotta agree with you. I've been spoiled by Ninjago, so most other Lego shows, especially Lego SW shows, usually aren't up to par with my "good Lego Show" standards. But the first two episodes really exceeded my expectations. Sure, there's some comedy and cheap laughs, but they're really building (pun totally intended) to larger character and story arcs. Looking forward to the next episode!

After watching the third and fourth episode i can say, the show is getting better and better.

Edited by Ordinareo