Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Jesus goes LEGO

Hmmm they'd need new bricks only to have it look any cool, wouldn't they ?

I mean what if they end up with a multi-tone yellowed white Jesus ? Or would that give the statue a vintage feel ?

I guess they'll come with something like "the colour variations show the diversity in our community" if they get a remark on their statue.

Indeed, the first thing I thought was "The statue will come out yellowed...". Well, maybe they should cover everything with white paint then....or do a mass order of white bricks on Bricklink.

Shakar

Indeed, the first thing I thought was "The statue will come out yellowed...". Well, maybe they should cover everything with white paint then....or do a mass order of white bricks on Bricklink.

Shakar

They could just raise funds for a PAB order. :-)

They just have to wish all bricks yellow the same after that...

Hmmm... I'm Roman Catholic, so it's good that at least one parish doing something with LEGO! :-D Maybe I'll make a mosaic for my church.... nah, they'll have to pay me! ;-)

Shakar

who said jesus was white???

Hmmm... I'm Roman Catholic, so it's good that at least one parish doing something with LEGO! :-D Maybe I'll make a mosaic for my church.... nah, they'll have to pay me! ;-)

Amazing how two people can be so politically different and yet be of the same religion! Yes, I am the same. But then again... Ted Kennedy anyone? JK! :-P

who said jesus was white???

Oh shut up. That's not even funny anymore. >:-(

This'll be cool, can't wait to see the completed work of art. When I saw I title it reminded me of the Brick Testament... who would have thought the bible contains violence, nudity, sexual references and cursing? :-P

~Peace

And the fruit which I give, the fruit of Eternal Lives, is the Spirit of Peace and Love and Joy and Patience which I have received of my Father.

Sounds cool :-) !

Amazing how two people can be so politically different and yet be of the same religion! Yes, I am the same. But then again... Ted Kennedy anyone? JK! :-P

Oh shut up. That's not even funny anymore. >:-(

I wasnt trying to be funny. im serious.

This sounds like a very unique and cool project. I was just thinking, the use of white bricks reminds me of the marble statues Michaelangelo created. I definitly look forward to seeing the finished work. *sweet*

I wasnt trying to be funny. im serious.

You don't have to. See, folks, this is the level of seriousity you'll find in a liberal. Tell me, have you seen any paintings, pictures, scrawlings even, that show a black person? I should think not unless it's an African(duh) which Jesus clearly is not. Try going to the places where these people lived and see what color they are before making a stupid assertion like that. :-| Rant over.

You don't have to. See, folks, this is the level of seriousity you'll find in a liberal. Tell me, have you seen any paintings, pictures, scrawlings even, that show a black person? I should think not unless it's an African(duh) which Jesus clearly is not. Try going to the places where these people lived and see what color they are before making a stupid assertion like that. :-| Rant over.

WHAT?!?!

The statue being remade in LEGO is WHITE :-| Jeez read the first post and links before starting the ever BLA BLA BLA discussion. Or READ THE TERMS for using EB and discover that politics, religion and other uselss subjects like that are part of OTHER websites. This IS a LEGO website...

KimT

Dont you want it to be black? r u racist?

'IT'? No, it's not a matter of 'wanting' it to be black. I mean, don't ya think He'd tell you if he was? But argument aside, clearly these people are making the figure what they want and think and believe Jesus to be so I think it's safe to say there's no need for argumentation. And I didn't intentionally make any 'racist' remarks, nor did I bash another person for their religion. Maybe these topics of religion and Lego intertwining should stop appearing here and there. I mean, what is this site for more? A news site which reports every time a church wants to build a religious model, or a news site where we report and discuss new sets? I prefer the latter.

EDIT: I am confused upon seeing kimt's remarks. Very confused. Apparently he misunderstood me greatly. VERY greatly.

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

RIGHT LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR FOR ALL HERE! RACIST REMARKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!

ANYONE MAKING SUCH COMMENTS WILL BE BANNED OUT RIGHT!

ALSO WE WILL NOT TOLERATE BASHING OF MEMBERS FOR THERE RELIGIONS, THIS IS A DAMN LEGO SITE AND ITS A SHAME SOME MEMBERS DONT REMEMBER THAT MORE.

NOW THE NEXT ONE TO STEP OUT OF LINE WILL BE PUNISHED. >:-(

Erm... can I just say that I didn't think trooperdavinfelth's comments were negative, just confused and trying to justify his point without sounding harsh.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

:-D It may actually be best to just leave it all alone and do as Vader says. Clearly we don't want political and religious discussion polluting our LEGO talks...never be afraid to express your opinion, but overall, listen to Vader... 8-|

Pleas guys. Again, no more religious or political discussion. Discuss the statue or we will have to lock this thread and that would be a shame.

Peace on! *sweet*