Sign in to follow this  
BigEl

[MOD/MOC] A New Generation - Resistance X-Wing Microfighter - 75125

When I saw the first pictures/videos of the new T-70 X-Wing I was kinda disappointed. We would get another redesigned X-Wing for the new trilogy which design changes didnt looked convincing in my opinion and bothered me.

But after I saw the movie, looked at pictures and comparisons as well as some amazing Lego designs by users here in the forum, I started to like the new generation of X-Wing to the point were I actually even prefer it over the old design.

Since we still have to wait some months to get a standard X-Wing Lego system scale version of the T-70 model, I went for the microfighter version and immediately knew I had to modify it (to the point that its maybe even a MOC considering how small the original is and how low its part count is) since I wasnt really satisfied with its build that lacked the unique wing design, had a stubby central body and the typical possibilty to seat a minifigure in it.

Changes:

- Longer central body

- Wings that fold together and split appart in the correct way

- Full Cockpit

- Astrodroid behind the cockpit as well as engine details

- overhauled base construction and colourization

I am very satsfied with the way the wings worked out. The design includes the very specific differences compared to the old X-Wing with the color, engines and wings.

Its not perfect since the wings overlap like the original system scale version and the body is too thick in the central part, but in this scale I had to make compromises.

And now to some actual pictures as well as a picture from the original to compare to.

Would like to hear some feedback from you guys :wink:

Updated/final version:

btxt8ecz.jpg

8rx9xwoq.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

xej6gz2f.jpg

c34hcilp.jpg

af8u3ztr.jpg

lpdyy2cl.jpg

pc65w69d.jpg

zkp923nz.jpg

szlsnnht.jpg

And the original build:

23421509909_e0ded58053.jpg

Edited by BigEl

Nice mod, maybe you could move the cutout wedge sections forward and make some space for the minifig to sit in?

Thanks. Well there could still fit a minifig inside if you would remove the brick and plate that the trans-clear cockpit parts are connected to.

But I am not really a fan of that microfighter idea and prefer the approach of a realistic design that is scaled down.

Small and final update on the build:

Much more sleeker and with some adjustments in the colourization (nose, blue stripe on the hull, droidhead is now silver instead of the flashy white) as well as some company for the pilot minifig :grin:

btxt8ecz.jpg

8rx9xwoq.jpg