Sign in to follow this  
JanetVanD

MOC Fortress of Solitude

Hello all,

For my latest MOC I wanted to build something totally different from what I'd built before; both to confront new challenges and to avoid comparisons. (not to mention a serious depletion in bricks in a lot of key colours after my last build hugely limited my colour selection!)

So this is my LEGO rendition of the Fortress of Solitude, based on its depiction in the original Superman movies. For anyone not too familiar with superhero lore, the Fortress of Solitude was created with a shard from the Planet Krypton and hidden in the remote Arctic.It's Superman's home-away-from-home.

The model used 18,684 pieces, took 160 hours to build and was completed last week.

fortress_of_solitude___front_view_by_janetvand-d9rblzr.jpg

To see more of this model and my other models, go to: Janet VanD's Gallery

Wooh *oh2*

That looks huge. *oh2*

Great built!

The landscape looks good and the contrast between the fortress and landscape looks good.

The best part is that the fortress is entirely transparent. :thumbup:

The lighting is nice as well.

Great built! :thumbup:

That's... amazingly impressive! It looks just like the films, and I like the minifigure posing as well. My only criticism? Not enough photos! If you have the opportunity to take any more pictures, (especially of details or structural work, and at a higher resolution), I hope you take it!

By the way, your other models are also spectacular. I especially liked the tiny skyline, decrepit temple, and theatre.

Whoah! :oh:

This looks absolutely awesome!

You've depicted the crystal pillars criss-crossing eachother perfectly, in my opinion :wub:

The landscape on the foreground looks amazing as well.

Truly, a terrific job!

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks!

By the way, you can get more photos by clicking on the Superman folder icon on the gallery page. (scroll down a bit and you'll see it!)

Cool, found the additional pictures. I found myself especially admiring the river and riverbank. That thing looks amazing! One of the most realistic bodies of water I've ever seen in Lego.

Magnificent work! One of the best ice- and snowscapes I have ever seen and the crystal fortress itself is superb as well! Amazing job :wub::thumbup:

Thanks!

By the way, you can get more photos by clicking on the Superman folder icon on the gallery page. (scroll down a bit and you'll see it!)

Found 'em, thanks!

Even more awesomeness.

I agree with N_Cat, the river branching off around the small island is superb. It looks great in the gallery's last picture, with the snow hills in the background.

Also, the lighting offers beautiful effects :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

I'm not generally a huge fan of DC or Superman, but I have to admit that this is really very nice! I love the landscaping, the river really adds a lot to the scene. Also, the transparency is perfect for this project. The lighting looks wonderful, too. I also like the smaller details, like the cave and Zod.

Great job!

That looks amazing!!! The fortress is great but it's the snowy scenery that really makes the scene look perfect!!!

Excellent stuff!!

Wow! Great crystal structures, landscaping, shading in the water, lighting, and the figures tell a story as well. Great MOC!

This is amazing, the fortress itself is fantastic. The landscape is brilliant and the water looks great.

Edited by Steph 104th

I had the opportunity to see this fantastic build today at the LEGOWorld Copenhagen event in Bella Centeret. And its absolutely just as stunning, even more, seeing it with ones own eyes !

Absolutely gorgeous build. :wub:

Oh and thanks for the chat, nice meeting you irl ! :classic:

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I saw this in the flesh at Brick Féile in...wherever it was...on Saturday and it's incredibly impressive! Loved the Plant Monster attack model too, especially The Flash's speed lines. How do you keep these models intact for years without a) needing the pieces for something else and b) getting them overwhelmed with dust!