Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

POLL: Pirate Halloween Contest Voting Begins HERE!!!

Pirate Halloween Contest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The Scariest Entry!

• SirNadroj's haunted fort!
    • phred's reversed haunted ship!
    • dragonator cliffside, dragon dwelling fort!
    • pig's mighty kraken!
    • xwingyoda's chasing skeletons on runaway privateer!
    • Cap'n SlyOwl's island of the dead!
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog's impaling tentacles over a ship!
    • oo7's Sleepy Hollow!
    • TinyPiesRUs' haunted, ambush cave!
    • tanotrooper's frightening +4 pirates on conquistadors!
  2. 2. The Best Built Entry!

• Cap'n SlyOwl
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog
    • Tanotrooper
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • oo7
    • dragonator
    • SirNadroj
    • phred
    • pig
    • xwingyoda
  3. 3. The Best Overall!

• Tanotrooper
    • TinyPiesRUs
    • oo7
    • ZeekyBoogeyDoog
    • Cap'n SlyOwl
    • xwingyoda
    • pig
    • dragonator
    • phred
    • SirNadroj

pirate_halloween_competition-poster.jpg

Hey there, all! Thanks to all who have entered into the competition. First off, the entry thread:

Here

And the discussion thread: Here, also!

Now, make sure you take a look at all the entries before voting, they're all great *sweet* !!

pirate_halloween.jpg

Now, to recite the Prizes!!

First Prize:

Pirate King for a week!

Being Pirate King brings special privileges! Some like choosing your title and the gold trophy may be indefinite, while other more exciting privileges will only last a week!

Second Prize:

Choose your own title and the silver trophy

Third Prize:

The Bronze trophy

The poll will go out until Friday, November 9, 2007. Have fun :-) !

Edit: Collage picture thanks to Hinckley.

I shall pin this for you IS. ;-)

Consedering I haven't had a good look to vote yet I haven't voted yet.

Pinned!

I really like Sir Nadroj's Entry! I think it is very amusing, and By Joe, would I be scared if that happened to me!!

All of the entries were great and may the best one win!! *y* *sweet*

I love the way Cap'n SlyOwl used those white flags and white minifig hands to represent torn sails and torn cloth. It's so simple yet looks so great! *y* :-)

Everyone's entry(s) were fantastic! *sweet* (Thanks for any votes! ;-) ) I'd also like to say "Good Luck to Everyone!" *y*

Hey IS, the short story my entry is based off of is called "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", there's no 'a' in there. ;-)

0451524950.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The town in which it was set in has kept the same name for the last 350 years:

sign.jpg

Notice the name of the High School football team. X-D Anyway, I will have to think about this for a good while before voting, there's so many great creations here. Thanks again to Imperial Scouts for hosting and all the other entrants who made this possible!

I just love 007's sleepy hallow! X-D

~Ryan 8-

I'm not saying who I voted for *whispers to the member concerned... I'll take cheque by the way*

I'm amazed at how close those polls look to me at the time of my vote and it was a tough choice. A lot of great MOC's!

I thought it amusing the pirates +4, those things are bloody scary! Well that's my two cents, best of luck to everyone that entered! *sweet*

Woah, it's really hard to vote... Sir Nadroj's is a great piece of work, as usual. Gotta love Phred's ship too..

As for Dragonator's one, it's very original and well executed. Still have to have a good look...

It's gonna be though... X-D

Hey IS, the short story my entry is based off of is called "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow", there's no 'a' in there. ;-)

And edited!! *sweet*

votes casted... Some great entries. The reversed haunted ship creeped me out (mentally)...

Good luck everyone!

TT

Wow! So many great entries!

SirNadroj I love how you continued the red bricks of the corner pieces. Very artistic of you as always. *sweet*

phred That is a really beautiful ship! *wub* The rigging is excellent yet it still looks like a possible set. Freaky story too. *wacko* You get extra points for the bucket!

dragonator Great first entry! I do feel a bit sorry for the dragon being stuck in that small dark hole. I thought you didn't like dragon abuse? 8-|

pig Good idea to do it microscale. *sweet*

xwingyoda I really like your dock. You lose points though for using the old heads on the new bodies.

Cap'n SlyOwl Another great first entry! *wub* I love the hut and your beach works really well.

ZeekyBoogeyDoog That's a very interesting ship. (Is it finished?) I like the witch up the mast. :-P

oo7 No, I did not read it. It took long enough for my computer to even load it! 8-

Great entries everyone!

I voted for ZeekyBoogeyDoog in scariest. He did a great job making the scene looking alive, and using a bush as a fig exploding is a great idea. :-D

I voted for 007 for the other two categories then... I didn't actually read the story, to be honest, :-$ but I really like the way it's built, and the dark atmosphere of the photographs is really cool.

Great entries everyone!

SirNadroj: A great entry, funny that the soldiers sleep with nothing but their hats on :-P I love your style of building, and I especially love the bricks

phred: A beautiful ship *wub* I havn't seen The Others, so I don't really know what happened, but it's good anyway *y*

dragonator: A very nice scene. Looks like that poor soldier is in a bit of trouble *skull*

pig: A well done miniscale MOC. Good considering you have no pirate parts.

xwingyoda: Very good. I like how you used the smooth tiles for the water, and like the dock and the drunken sailor :-D I really need to get some of those goblets *wub*

Cap'n SlyOwl: A beautiful style you used there. I love the little details in it too - from the buried native to the plume used as spilled wine.

ZeekyBoogeyDoog: A very nice merchant ship, and some good ol' double impalement action >:-) I especially love the minifigures *wub*

oo7: A very spooky MOC indeed. It has an eiree atmosphere with the dead trees and the lighting. Very well made too.

Tanotrooper: Very funny idea, and your conquistadors are very nice aswell. Those pirates sure give me the creeps :-X

In the end, voted for Cap'n SlyOwl in the best built, and oo7 in the scariest and best overrall (although I didn't have the time to read the story :-$ )

Points are lost for the usage of a black head mixed with yellow heads (Are you aware that it is very un-PC to do this? :hmpf: )

Why can't everyone just get along, regardless of their colour? :-D

but you get those lost points back for what appears to be a glow in the dark skeleton head. I didn't even know they came in glow in the dark. 8-

I picked dragonator for scariest. and best overall (although i dont like the idea of sticking the dragon in the small hole) and for best built i voted oo7 because it looks really nice and lots of small details.

And edited!! *sweet*

Thank you, Mr. Tiber! Maybe you might want to unpin the entry thread as well if we're done with it. *y*

I came close to giving 007 my vote for scariest for his suggestion that we actually read rather long text... :-D

:-D :-D I think you have just made my day there, buddy! Hilarious!

I voted for 007 for the other two categories then... I didn't actually read the story, to be honest, :-$ but I really like the way it's built, and the dark atmosphere of the photographs is really cool.

That's quite alright, I only suggest reading it if you can find the time which many might not be able to. ;-) Many thanks Sir Dillon, Mr. TinyPiesRUs, and Mr. hollisbrick, it's great to know that my dreadfully tedious photography efforts payed off!

Following the customary EB contest tradition I have made a collage of the entries. X-D

1834418980_72c45f41ba_o.jpg

This has been a great competition, there have been lots of great entries!

I voted for the following people:

TinyPiesRUs for the scariest, because you can't have a scary screaming skeleton scene without lots of bones! X-D I wouldn't want to be one of those soldiers!

Then I voted for oo7's fantastic scene in both the best built and the overall, as I think it is just stunning, I *wub* how you built the trees!

I picked dragonator for scariest. and best overall (although i dont like the idea of sticking the dragon in the small hole) and for best built i voted oo7 because it looks really nice and lots of small details.

Thanks for voting for me! :-) An interesting fact I forgot to mention was how those soldiers died in the first place... *skull* (they should never have imprisoned that dragon, I got them, oh yes I did... (insert crazy laughter).....)

umm..... sorry about that, I guess I got a little carried away.... 8-| (oh no, you can never get to carried a way when talking about imprisoning dragons, they shouldn't have done that, oh no they shouldn't......)

007 for most scariest. I love it!

Phred's ship for best built.

And Overall - without hesitation, 007. Not only do I love the Legend of Sleepy Hollow story, the MOC was excellent! Although it isn't really a pirate MOC, it truly is an outstanding build that captures the mood and feel of Washington Irvine's story.

Great job to all the participants. I wish I had entered.

Excellent contest! *y*

Glad to be of service!

Although it isn't really a pirate MOC, it truly is an outstanding build that captures the mood and feel of Washington Irvine's story.

You make a fair point... 8-|

Thank you, Mr. Tiber! Maybe you might want to unpin the entry thread as well if we're done with it. *y*

That's quite alright, I only suggest reading it if you can find the time which many might not be able to. ;-) Many thanks Sir Dillon, Mr. TinyPiesRUs, and Mr. hollisbrick, it's great to know that my dreadfully tedious photography efforts payed off!

Following the customary EB contest tradition I have made a collage of the entries. X-D

1834418980_72c45f41ba_o.jpg

Great pic Double-O *y*

Thanx for making it.

P

Edit: I was going to ask IS to use that pic, but i see he's already got one.

I don't know if IS's collage was there before 8-|

Edited by phred

Great pic Double-O *y*

Thanx for making it.

P

Edit: I was going to ask IS to use that pic, but i see he's already got one.

I don't know if IS's collage was there before 8-|

Sorry guys. I just noticed that 007 made one too. IS asked me to make one yesterday and I couldn't get to it until today.

Thanks for putting the time in 007! I feel horrible that we crossed paths that way. Lately, people have been asking me to make the collages. I can always drop you a line if I get swamped. :-$ Or you can PM contest organizers and see if they want you to do it instead. I like to do them, but I don't mind sharing if you really want to do some...

007 swept my votes, I'm a sucker for a good Headless Horseman. *wub*

Oh, and I've read the story. :-P

Literacy On! *y*

007 for most scariest. I love it!

Phred's ship for best built.

And Overall - without hesitation, 007. Not only do I love the Legend of Sleepy Hollow story, the MOC was excellent! Although it isn't really a pirate MOC, it truly is an outstanding build that captures the mood and feel of Washington Irvine's story.

That is quite true, it is significantly less specifically 'pirates' themed than the others. However, during The Golden Age of Piracy, I believe the vast majority of the population in the North Eastern American Colonies were law abiding colonists so I don't think that's too unusual. Thanks for pointing that out. :-)

Sorry guys. I just noticed that 007 made one too. IS asked me to make one yesterday and I couldn't get to it until today.

Thanks for putting the time in 007! I feel horrible that we crossed paths that way. Lately, people have been asking me to make the collages. I can always drop you a line if I get swamped. :-$ Or you can PM contest organizers and see if they want you to do it instead. I like to do them, but I don't mind sharing if you really want to do some...

That's perfectly alright, I think I like yours a little better anyway with that excellent font. You can certainly continue on your way with these things and expect no more interference from me, I'm very sorry if I stepped on your toes there. What program do you use, by the way? I used Microsoft Word, I figured that would be the easiest program that I own to work with. :-D

007 swept my votes, I'm a sucker for a good Headless Horseman. *wub*

Oh, and I've read the story. :-P

Literacy On! *y*

Thank you, and that's an excellent avatar you have, by the way. I assume you've read that work of literate as well? :-P