Sebeus I

[OL-FB] The Pegasus

Sebeus, Captain of the Beatrix, pride of the Oleon fleet, is relieved of said duty as his experience and tactical mind is more needed elsewhere.

The new captain, Cédric Gerardi, fortunatly is quite the capable man as well, the Beatrix will be in good hands.

Sebeus takes command over a much smaller vessel now, smaller but faster, flexibility is everything these days.

But this small cutter really is only a means to get somewhere fast for now, there is a greater plan that will not be easely shared with third parties.

A new adventure awaits...

24314810463_4b194c116d_c.jpg

24311061664_a1925813b2_c.jpg

Cutters like these are being mass-produced on Lebellan, which is quite unique for these times.

Original Idea was to launch a huge wave of vessels to cover as much ground as possible.

However, the production start-up did take its time...

24574022589_10859169ec_c.jpg

24941641475_04956c443d_c.jpg

Very nice ship, the hull looks great and so do those sails! :thumbup:

Excellent ship Sebius, great job especially with the sails and rigging and the back! pirate_satisfied.gif Very nice work with the hull and sides as well, the colors and tilting top section are really cool too pirate_wink.gif

Great looking cutter, Sebeus - I took some time to appreciated the rigging - while it is fairly simple, it has a lot of nice details/techniques. I like the way you did the shrouds, and the way the mainsail is fastened to the boom and gaff is very realistic. I wonder though, why one of the forestays is fixed on the backside of the mast.Was it to make it parallel to the other stay?

The brickbuilt hull is great too, and the cabin looks nice. The way you have integrated the cabin into the hull, keeping it so low, really shows the advantage of not using prefabs! While the stern is a little square, the bow works perfectly, and the tumblehome is very nice! pirate_blush.gif

I do think that it would look better with the mast a little further back, and maybe an extra jib. That way, the mainsail could also be in better proportion, as it is currently very long and low. It would probably look better, if the gaff and boom was a little shorter, or if the gaff was attached higher (Although I see the issues with the mast pieces!) or a combination of both. pirate_satisfied.gif

Overall, however, a very nice cutter, with some nice, detailed rigging and a fabulous hull with great lines. I would like to ask what material you used for the sails, and to see a few more pics of the hull and the decks. Well done! pirate_blush.gif

Argh! Great minds evidently think alike!

I, too, am building a custom hull cutter, and I, too, was thinking of using that shield and the name Pegasus. pirate_laugh2.gif

Fortunately, I had been composing a list of possible shipnames.

But your hull definitely looks nice, I know now how tough that is!

Beautiful cutter, Sebeus! :pir-wub: The Beatrix is one of my favorites, and this is a very good color-matching companion. The custom hull is nice, both bow and stern, and I like the simplified custom rigging as well. Excellent work once more. :classic:

What a fabulous ship you've got here! :wub_drool:

This small vessel is packed with a lot of great details.

Good back story too.

Just one comment. :blush:

24574022589_10859169ec_c.jpg

I probably would have gone for the Plume Feather Triple Compact in white, blue, or dark blue for pegasi wings instead of the Plume Dragon.

Excellent vessel !

What a magnificent rigging ! I will probably borrow you some ships building techniques. :)

You are really a great ship builder !

Another excellent ship, and it's really nice to see the matching color schemes. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said; just a fantastic build all around. That you managed to include a tumblehome only adds to this already amazing vessel.

Others have already mentioned it, but I think the hull is too boxy at the stern. Perhaps using some of the 2x3s along the edges would help.

So, there is this friend of mine who I sea on an event and who says to me, well, by tomorrow, I'll have a ship build, and I'll start from scratch.

Well, mate, you nailed it hahaha :D

Indexed as class 2 F!

oooooooh, lovely ship! This should be the pride of the Oleander fleet! Her Colors are amazing!