Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

[LDD] Do these look like gas pumps? (tips needed)

5EGYbz3.png?1

Working on a unique gas station idea, but.... I'm having a little trouble making the gas pumps look like pumps! What do you think about them guys?

you are missing the required overfilled trashcan between them but yeah those look good. just need a string piece attached to the nozzles and its perfect (for a modern pump)

They look really good. If you use headlight bricks on the top you could have the electronics panel inset which might be a bit better. It was instantly recognizable as is though.

mCK8pE2.png?1

I have a lot of work to do on this thing. I was hoping to find another use for the large airplane wing brick. My brain said gas station or toll booth.

They look much more like pumps in the overall context of the station setting as well. If it helps, the ones around where I live usually have the display section raised slightly higher than the bit with the nozzles and the nozzles normally attach at the front below that section, but I guess they may vary around the world? As i said in the overall context it is obvious what they are supposed to be so good job.

Looking great.You are not trying to build one of those cool vintage "Bomber" Gasstations which had Roofs in the Shape of Plane Wings or with a real Plane standing on the Roof.

Maybe a rounded top might make it fit in? Now that I think about it, I actually don't know if they have rounded tops, though. :tongue:

Looking great.You are not trying to build one of those cool vintage "Bomber" Gasstations which had Roofs in the Shape of Plane Wings or with a real Plane standing on the Roof.

I did not know that was a thing...

94eNiPL.png

and man is it cool!

I was actually planning to make a smaller plane in the middle of the win. I never knew those bomber stations existed.

I did not know that was a thing...

94eNiPL.png

and man is it cool!

I was actually planning to make a smaller plane in the middle of the win. I never knew those bomber stations existed.

WOW! You really DO learn something new everyday! I also had zero idea these things existed but now that I have seen it...I am sad I have such few Lego to work with at the moment!