This old house was home and comfort

As we fought the storms of life...

It is, in fact, one of the finer buildings of Pontelli - and currently there is a little festivity going on.

800x968.jpg

800x1028.jpg

Captain Enrico Sombrero Verde is paying a visit and so is Colonel Brickinson.

800x600.jpg

The building is famous for its roof fountains:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The building is well guarded by Eslandolean Elite Guards:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

As this is my third Free-Build thi smonth, I need to ask for your kind approval.

C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

That is one fine looking house. The colour scheme works really well and there are lots of ornate details to give it that luxury feel. I can definitely see it as one of the finer houses in Pontelli! Interesting placement of the fountains, I hope that is a strong, well supported roof! pir_laugh2.gif The use of the CMF leprechaun torso for the soldier is quite clever as well.

One approval from Corrington! :thumbup:

That is a fine building indeed sir!

The colour scheme is very nice, a hint of green but not too much.

The only criticism I’d have is that you see the grey baseplate through the open windows. Can imagine you didn’t want to keep all the windows closed and ran out of bricks for a back wall though.

Anyway :thumbup:

Ooooh, lovely! I really like the Colors, and the balconries, and the soldiers, and the fountain, and...

Summarised: I really like the whole build, great job!

Very nice house, Captain. I too like the limited green accents, and I think the low floors are very realistic. The only thing that strikes out is the lime green dome, but I suppose that is a result of colour availability. A back wall to hide the baseplate background would be nice too, but it's a minor detail. Omne wonders how they get the water pressurised enough to make fountains on the roof, though! pirate_laugh2.gif

Overall the house has a very stately feeling to it, and I agree with Ayrlego that the use of that torso for the soldier is just brilliant.

I approve! pirate_wink.gif

Great house !

It has a good Eslandola atmosphere !

I like the fountains but like Bregir I am wondering how they could obtain enough pressure to build not one but 2 in top of the roof !

Overall, a nice house with good techniques and with a real great feeling !

Good job, I would approve if I could, but I am Eslandian.

Very nice! It has a very refined feel overall. I would approve if I could.

I love the fountains, and Enrico Sombrero Verde's name and hat. pir_laugh2.gif

This is a beautiful house that screams "Look! I am a filthy rich Eslandolan trader"!! Great way of showing wealth and a really fitting choice of minifigs.

Another lovely house! :pir-wub: The overall design reminds me of the first, which is fitting. I like white as the primary color, and the architectural elements are really good. The columns make good use of that piece, the fences are nice and of course the fountains are a good feature. I like the arched tops of the windows, and I see the one red frame gave you the same leaning problem I encountered when I tried it. The lime green dome doesn't really bother me - I like the design even if the color doesn't match the rest. Good cast of characters again as well. :classic:

Your approval period goes through the end of the day Feb 29.

Good work and I approve. :thumbup:

The bright colors here really liven things up and the whole thing is in a great Eslandian style! Fountains on the roof is quite an interesting idea as well - that would probably be a bit of an engineering feat! :thumbup:

Wow, 11 replies within a day ... and this is just a house... pirate_satisfied.gif

That is one fine looking house. The colour scheme works really well and there are lots of ornate details to give it that luxury feel. I can definitely see it as one of the finer houses in Pontelli! Interesting placement of the fountains, I hope that is a strong, well supported roof! pir_laugh2.gif The use of the CMF leprechaun torso for the soldier is quite clever as well.

One approval from Corrington! :thumbup:

Thanks - I don't know how the fountains work. pirate_laugh2.gif Maybe it is not a good idea to live in the first floor...

That is a fine building indeed sir!

The colour scheme is very nice, a hint of green but not too much.

The only criticism I’d have is that you see the grey baseplate through the open windows. Can imagine you didn’t want to keep all the windows closed and ran out of bricks for a back wall though.

Anyway :thumbup:

Ok, I see, the background is something which I should not repeat.

Ooooh, lovely! I really like the Colors, and the balconries, and the soldiers, and the fountain, and...

Summarised: I really like the whole build, great job!

Thank you Titus - where is your approval? pirate_cry4.gif

Very nice house, Captain. I too like the limited green accents, and I think the low floors are very realistic. The only thing that strikes out is the lime green dome, but I suppose that is a result of colour availability. A back wall to hide the baseplate background would be nice too, but it's a minor detail. Omne wonders how they get the water pressurised enough to make fountains on the roof, though! pirate_laugh2.gif

Overall the house has a very stately feeling to it, and I agree with Ayrlego that the use of that torso for the soldier is just brilliant.

I approve! pirate_wink.gif

Lime green - yes, I wanted to have a dome but the only other available colour was white.

I will need to add a shot showing the servants pumping water pir_laugh2.gif

Great house !

It has a good Eslandola atmosphere !

I like the fountains but like Bregir I am wondering how they could obtain enough pressure to build not one but 2 in top of the roof !

Overall, a nice house with good techniques and with a real great feeling !

Good job, I would approve if I could, but I am Eslandian.

Thanks - ok pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice! It has a very refined feel overall. I would approve if I could.

I love the fountains, and Enrico Sombrero Verde's name and hat. pir_laugh2.gif

Ok pirate_laugh_new.gif

Love the atmosphere that building eminates

thumbup.gif

Thank you, Tomsche!

This is a beautiful house that screams "Look! I am a filthy rich Eslandolan trader"!! Great way of showing wealth and a really fitting choice of minifigs.

Yes, everything is correct - except for that swear word!

Another lovely house! :pir-wub: The overall design reminds me of the first, which is fitting. I like white as the primary color, and the architectural elements are really good. The columns make good use of that piece, the fences are nice and of course the fountains are a good feature. I like the arched tops of the windows, and I see the one red frame gave you the same leaning problem I encountered when I tried it. The lime green dome doesn't really bother me - I like the design even if the color doesn't match the rest. Good cast of characters again as well. :classic:

Your approval period goes through the end of the day Feb 29.

Good work and I approve. :thumbup:

"Red frame leaning problem"? Hasn't occurred to me yet.

You must be referring to picture #6

In any case, thanks for the approval.

It almost looks like you poured real water in the fountains! LoLl

Thanks - the water bricks are actually fixed.

The bright colors here really liven things up and the whole thing is in a great Eslandian style! Fountains on the roof is quite an interesting idea as well - that would probably be a bit of an engineering feat! :thumbup:

Well, maybe the fountains are just there for the feast... let's see pirate_laugh2.gif

I am counting 6 approvals, if I am not mistaken - thanks a lot for that!

pirate_satisfied.gif

..."Red frame leaning problem"? Hasn't occurred to me yet.

You must be referring to picture #6...

I was referring to the fact that those frames (regardless of color) always seem to want to lean when the tops are arched, since they aren't rigidly attached at the top. I'm not sure if all the 4-wide frames are exactly the same, but the black ones from the Brick Bounty are really bad for this (actually they aren't even perfectly straight upright to start with - they seem warped). When I stacked them for my Captain's Corner, they leaned in or out so bad every time I moved it that I had to attach a 1x6 plate to the top window and build the arch over it to hold them upright. It kinda ruined the look but at least it holds together. With single frames like this it's not as big a problem vs stacking them, but it does take some patience working with them. They definitely look better with arched tops.

Edited by Captain Dee

An excellent and elegant house. Fountains on the roof are unique, but it does look quite nice. I really like the pillars, especially along the first level. Very nice use of parts.

I am a little bothered by the two different styles used for the doors. I think keeping them consistent would look better. Nonetheless, it is a minor point.

Approved :thumbup:

Very nice colors on this house Captain B, I really like your fountains and the dome, and the green doors are cool as well! pirate_wink.gif Good work here! thumbup.gif My only note would be to remember to link your builds located in Pontelli in that settlement's thread! default_blink.gif

I have to give my approval to this build. The details and overall look are awesome. I am particularly fond of the water fountains, though I also question the wisdom of them being on the roof. I hope it doesn't leak. thumbup.gif

So many approvals, thanks a lot, gentlemen!

I was referring to the fact that those frames (regardless of color) always seem to want to lean when the tops are arched, since they aren't rigidly attached at the top. I'm not sure if all the 4-wide frames are exactly the same, but the black ones from the Brick Bounty are really bad for this (actually they aren't even perfectly straight upright to start with - they seem warped). When I stacked them for my Captain's Corner, they leaned in or out so bad every time I moved it that I had to attach a 1x6 plate to the top window and build the arch over it to hold them upright. It kinda ruined the look but at least it holds together. With single frames like this it's not as big a problem vs stacking them, but it does take some patience working with them. They definitely look better with arched tops.

Your sharp eyes find all the flaws in my builds. So, following the "affair of the missing rudder" we are now right in the middle of "the case of the leaning frames" (sounds like something for Sherlock...).

I just checked the model and found that the frame was not well in place .... I've fixed it now, but of course the mistake will live forever on that picture... pirate_cry4.gif

Excellent work!

thumbup.gif

pirate_laugh2.gif

An excellent and elegant house. Fountains on the roof are unique, but it does look quite nice. I really like the pillars, especially along the first level. Very nice use of parts.

I am a little bothered by the two different styles used for the doors. I think keeping them consistent would look better. Nonetheless, it is a minor point.

Approved :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

That's a cool build!

I agree pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very nice colors on this house Captain B, I really like your fountains and the dome, and the green doors are cool as well! pirate_wink.gif Good work here! thumbup.gif My only note would be to remember to link your builds located in Pontelli in that settlement's thread! default_blink.gif

Ah the paperwork...

Thanks for the reminder pir_wacko.gif

I have to give my approval to this build. The details and overall look are awesome. I am particularly fond of the water fountains, though I also question the wisdom of them being on the roof. I hope it doesn't leak. thumbup.gif

Thanks for the approval - and I agree, the fountains are dangerous when placed on the roof pirate_laugh2.gif

THANK GOD WE HAVE SILENT WOLF"S APPROVEL EXCUSE ME BUT THE ONLY APPROVAL -I- NEED IS THAT OF MY WIFE

THANK GOD WE HAVE SILENT WOLF"S APPROVEL EXCUSE ME BUT THE ONLY APPROVAL -I- NEED IS THAT OF MY WIFE

image.png

So now this is solved, back to the build:

Very cool white house!! The fountains are very neat and it breathes a very colonial atmosphere!

Are you keeping your houses together or are you tearing them apart after pictures?

It says "caps lock" on one of your keys, on the left part of your keyboard. Could you consider clicking that once? I hope your wife approves.

Very good. Green and red colors compliment each other. :thumbup:

How do they get the fountains to work that high up?

Amazing, this seems to be my first MOC which is getting more comments than views! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very cool white house!! The fountains are very neat and it breathes a very colonial atmosphere!

Are you keeping your houses together or are you tearing them apart after pictures?

I am currently keeping the BoBS-houses so that I will be able to put together a town. pirate_laugh2.gif

Most of my MOCs, however, are being disassembled after publication. pirate_look.gif

Very good. Green and red colors compliment each other. :thumbup:

How do they get the fountains to work that high up?

Thanks. The way the fountains work is an Eslandolean secret pirate_laugh_new.gif