Felipe sent a letter to Lord Flynn before his departure to his dreadly trade run :

Letter to Lord Erie Flynn, Lord of Port Raleigh, Governor of the Corrington territories of Annetta (a.k.a. Berelli)

from

El Senor Felipe de la Manzana, citizen of Eslandola, member of MAESTRO, Ambassador for the eslandian affairs in Berelli,

and from

Lady Zumo de Kapayas, High priestess of the Ténotclaxcans, representant of the chief Azuma.

Copy for the archives for Eslandola High Archives and for Her Majesty of Corrington's Archives.

Mylord,

It appeared you have founded a new settlement you named Port Raleigh along the River Queens in Berelli/Annetta.

Our two great Nations are in peace and are even more linked with the help of some trading agreements we signed from both sides.

Your position in Berelli is welcome if it is made in peace.

The natives of Berelli, the Ténotclaxcans are peaceful people, our Nation is linked to them by the MAESTRO company.

Although some Ténotclaxcans attacked Corlanders who were bringing weapons in foraging party, our will, for both Eslandola and the Natives, is to bring you a message of peace.

We are asking you to join in a Diplomatic Meeting Lady Zumo de Kapayas and Lord Basil de Eslandola, representant of El Senor Felipe de la Manzana.

We hope the Meeting will be the first step in a fruitfull cooperation between Corrington, Eslandola and the Ténotclaxacans.

Yours,

Lord Felipe de la Manzana.

And so, Lord Erie Flynn sent a Corlander official representant at the meeting :

24787754431_d020cde035_z.jpg

24763237292_af3f2a4f75_z.jpg

- Welcome Mylord, Said Basil and Zumo de Kapayas.

- We are here in the village of Zum'heria in order to clarify the situation that is threatening peace in Berelli, or Annetta if you prefer. Continued Basil.

- The situation is against MAESTRO's interests, and it's against our Nations interests. We do not want to fight against the natives here since they are peaceful peasants and fishermen. We, MAESTRO, have made an agreement with the Ténotclaxcan tribe, main tribe of the island, that all MAESTRO member and all Eslandian citizen will not bring fire weapons in the territories ruled by the tribe.

We are just asking to you, from your side, to do the same : to make that every Corrington citizen will not bring fire weapons in the territories the tribe of the Ténotclaxcans is ruling.

Finally, Basil read the text prepared by Felipe :

- In order to seal such an agreement, Eslandola Trade Company MAESTRO, by the way of Senor Felipe de la Manzana and the Ténotclaxcans, by the way of Lady Pinya, daughter of Lady Zumo de Kapayas, are offering to Port Raleigh to build a Banana plantation for the Queen who is said pregnant and in great need of this golden fruit.

In exchange of what Corrington is agreed to not armed Port Raleigh and to join MAESTRO in a global Privateering force of defense of Berelli/Annetta made of volonteers and made of Native warriors.

Made the 7th of February, 616

Hope you like !

I tryed a forced perspective build in order to render the meeting less borring...

By this build I am also asking to Ska if :

- First : is it OK for you if I build a Banana Plantation for your settlement ?

- Secondly :Is it possible to put the Ténotclaxcans officially in the map ?

- Third : are you ok to build in partnership with MAESTRO some military/privateer builds ruled by the 2 factions here ?

- Finally : is there a way to share between nations the fees of the common builds or the cost of the privateers ?

Don't hesitate to PM me if this leading to a problem.

Seriously, no meeting would ever be boring when one of the attendees has headgear like that! :laugh::grin:

The subject is interesting, and the forced perspective is fantastic. :pir-wub: The big grey monument translates really well in that scale. All I recommend is to build the foreground up or on a different base, or conceal the baseplate altogether, to give it better overall depth. (If you look over the men it's perfect, but if you look over the tree and up the left side it looks at odds with the overall illusion.) Other than that, good work! :classic:

Edited by Captain Dee

That headpiece is really something!!! Is the monkey representing the simians of the island?!?

Hehe, that’s a funky hat!

The forced perspective looks good as well, that temple looks huge compared to the village, must be one powerful god!

Very nice forced perspective, Faladrin. It could be improved by building a larger background, so that less of the non-lego background would show.

However, the background you have built is just amazing - I like both the trees and the monument, as well as the village. Further, it is really nice how you integrate your story with the other storylines and developments going on in BoBS. Well done.

One note, though - I think the fact that Queen Anetta is pregnant is not so much a fact as it is a rumour used by the paper to sell more issues! Headlines, you know pirate_wink.gif

That double parrot headdress is... something else... pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gif Actually it looks pretty good and the FP in the background adds a lot!

Very nice build and some excellent FP Faladrin, your micro trees and the temple in the background are some of my favorite details! pirate_wink.gif Very curious group of people there as well, and it's good to see Eslandola promoting peace (and wealth! pir_laugh2.gif) in the New World! pirate_satisfied.gif

I'm afraid I don't have too much to add to the discussion, but I really like the forced perspective. I really like the second shot apart from the fact that the village is mostly hidden by Senor Manzana.

When I first saw the second pic, I thought the temple in the background was a volcano about to explodepir_laugh2.gif.

By this build I am also asking to Ska if :

- First : is it OK for you if I build a Banana Plantation for your settlement ?

- Secondly :Is it possible to put the Ténotclaxcans officially in the map ?

- Third : are you ok to build in partnership with MAESTRO some military/privateer builds ruled by the 2 factions here ?

- Finally : is there a way to share between nations the fees of the common builds or the cost of the privateers ?

Don't hesitate to PM me if this leading to a problem.

1) Yes. Build away!

2) Yes we can put some of their villages on the map. In my mind they are the primary (only?) tribe of the island.

3) Yes, I think the governor would like this.

4) Yes, but we will have to decide who is building the patrol vessels and we should probably each have forts in our own towns. We could put a few in neutral territory that would have the radius to cover both towns though, that would be like doubling our effort.

Official response:

Lord Manzana,

We come in peace, but are not afraid to make war with the savages. After last night's raid, we are not sure Azuma has control of all his warriors. We have ordered three platoons of men from Arlinsport to fortify our town. We cannot make the promise of no further firearms on Annetta, for that is something only the Queen's council can authorize. In this wilder new world, one can never be too careful. We would suggest that our friends, the Eslandolans also arm themselves, if not from the Ténotclaxcans, then from the raids of Sea Rats.

We are interested in mutual defense, and have been authorized to seek a joint funding of such endeavors. We have no problem with Eslandola or sharing this island at this time.

Our wishes of many fruitful years to you and your company.

In the honorable name of Queen Annetta I, Protector of Knowledge,

Lord Erie Flynn

Governor of Annetta

1) Yes. Build away!

2) Yes we can put some of their villages on the map. In my mind they are the primary (only?) tribe of the island.

3) Yes, I think the governor would like this.

4) Yes, but we will have to decide who is building the patrol vessels and we should probably each have forts in our own towns. We could put a few in neutral territory that would have the radius to cover both towns though, that would be like doubling our effort.

Great !

I'm happy to see your answer !

1) I will do the build !

2) I was mainly thinking in Zum'heria. But other villages spots are possibles. They are, ofc, the main tribe in Berelli.

3) I am mostly thinking some privateers troops on foot to protect both of the settlements. This could be seen further in time, as I don't know the rules for hiring troops.

4) Fort is ofc a priority. Some local protection with a galley could be good. But somthing to be seen further in time too, like the land troops, we will need to clarify the shares of the cost and benefits it could create.

Thank you for your answer.

A medium fortress on one of the two other rivers would be in range of both our settlements. We could joint built a fortress there, or even at both. Although any adventuring Sea Rats or Oleanders might beat us to putting something at those locations. A large fort in either settlement would be able to cover the other.

The privateer is trickier, because unless we convince a nation to support it, then it counts against someone's ship total.

Troops are covered more in the Corrington starting threads, I never put that information anywhere else because it was information straight from the leadership boards. I will have to find a place to put it for the public.