On 07.11.2017 at 11:30 AM, Milan said:

Best thing we can do is not to give them free publicity by talking about it. Lego is very well aware of them, and is working on it.

Furthermore, EB rules forbid discussion about these brands.

I wonder what exactly Lego is doing...

On 7-11-2017 at 9:30 AM, Milan said:

Furthermore, EB rules forbid discussion about these brands.

Could you elaborate on why it is forbidden to discuss about these brands/companies?

39 minutes ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Could you elaborate on why it is forbidden to discuss about these brands/companies?

See the site guideliness

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/18718-site-guidelines/

Bootlegs, Rip-Offs and Fakes: These manufacturers copy designs and minifigures from LEGO, other companies and even fans, to produce their own infringing products which they then sell, often at knock down prices. There are hundreds of names attached to these products and varied quality between them. We will no longer accept discussion and sharing of these products on Eurobricks. Most of these "brands" are facing legal cases and we have no interest in supporting them by providing a place for their criminal products to be seen.

Understandable. The guidelines state that EB does not wish to discuss, share, support and/or display criminal products and/or companies. However the statements about other (rip off) companies that are being made here (and in other topics) are in favor of LEGO and/or LEGO fans in order to warn them (you and me) about fake products.

Before reading about these companies on this forum I was'nt even aware of the existence of these companies, and therefore I could have been a victim of said companies. As some other forum members here have become a victim of such practices.

Although I do understand we should not be promoting other brands than LEGO I wonder if forbidding discussions about bootlegging companies is wise. Perhaps we should make a section and/or thread where we (LEGO enthousiasts) can warn each other about ripoffs, fakes and bootlegs.

Last week Lithuania's customs destroys the full truck of named above toys. Victory!

Guys, we are on the same side here, but let's end now this discussion about bootlegs. Rules are there for a reason.

Not to mention this is a Koenigsegg topic, so please focus on this MOC.

Has anyone attempted building this in a different color? I have quite a few red parts :laugh:

I would need 1,260 extra pieces, or around $300 to build this. I would need to dismantle my Unimog, Crawler and F1 car but this looks so well done.

15 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

Has anyone attempted building this in a different color? I have quite a few red parts :laugh:

I would need 1,260 extra pieces, or around $300 to build this. I would need to dismantle my Unimog, Crawler and F1 car but this looks so well done.

Would be interesting to see in red.  Some rare parts to consider.  qty. 2 14L flex axles,  qty.5  #5 & 6 panels.

I would change the orange bits to another colour as well.

I don't think that car was ever produced in red but that would sure be a nice one :-)

Someone wanted to buy mine...but when I mentionned the price...all of a sudden that person was not interested in buying it anymore xD

I really want to build this car, but those white parts are extremely rare. I can't even find the 14L flex axles in the U.S. anywhere :hmpf_bad: 

I love this hobby, but with LEGO's seemingly purposeful limited production of certain parts to one set, it really does tend to kill the enjoyment.

57 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

I really want to build this car, but those white parts are extremely rare. I can't even find the 14L flex axles in the U.S. anywhere :hmpf_bad: 

I love this hobby, but with LEGO's seemingly purposeful limited production of certain parts to one set, it really does tend to kill the enjoyment.

Unfortunately many of these super cars have something that is a bit rare.  You can try and find a 8461 to use as a donor set?

Been away from my collection for a while, but decided to build this model. However, lacking a lot of white pieces in my collection, I decided to build it in an unconventional color scheme as I had a lot of pieces shared from Pvdb's Mclaren F1. IMO the end result turned out badass, but let me know what you think

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The finished model is seriously fantastic. Probably the best supercar I have built so far. The way it all fits together and has a bit of sturdiness to it is amazing. The gearbox is fantastic considering it comes from the pre-Porsche era and doesn't make use of something 100% reliable (for example Didumos's 90 degree stepper mechanism). It works every time and have not encountered any problems despite using one worn out rubber band. During the build it often feels like working shifting is a dream that is never bound to happen. I was playing around with it while building and kept thinking to myself that "damn this model probably won't work in the end I'm going to be disappointed", but when it all comes together wow it is ingenious;

The doors are great too, and having build Jurgen Krooshop's Koenigsegg, it is interesting to see how both builders tackled the complex mechanism. The only problem I experienced is that my left door has a lot of friction, but still works. 

I only have a few critiques of this model. First off the lack of HOG is a bit annoying, but makes sense as the model is really dense and has no room. Also would break up the fantastic body lines. Next the front suspension is pretty much maxed out, meaning no travel at all. This doesn't really bother me as it really gives the model a low look like the real thing. Finally, and probably the most annoying, is the instructions. I'm not sure if its the fact that I haven't built in a while, but wow these instructions were really frustrating at times. A lot of modules require forcing and bending in order to make them fit resulting in two broken pins for me. This could have been avoided if they simply placed a few pieces in before hand, but instead the builder is required to do a lot of wrestling with the car to make stuff fit. I particularly found the rear axle and doors really difficult to fit on, but there were quite a few areas where you really have to use force, which was always worrying as I didn't want to break any drivetrain stuff

Overall though, what a fantastic supercar. Definitely staying on my shelf and highly recommend building it to anyone interested. For people struggling to find rare white pieces, black is a viable option IMO. Most of the pieces aren't too hard to find, just need about 13 of those rare black bushes, and around 50 3L black pins to make the body look better. Also easy to substitute the 14L axles with 12L and a connector. If anyone wants the Rebrickable parts file for the black color scheme or has any questions, feel free to ask

Edited by Rishab N

9 minutes ago, Rishab N said:

Been away from my collection for a while, but decided to build this model. However, lacking a lot of white pieces in my collection, I decided to build it in an unconventional color scheme as I had a lot of pieces shared from Pvdb's Mclaren F1. IMO the end result turned out badass, but let me know what you think

The finished model is seriously fantastic. Probably the best supercar I have built so far. The way it all fits together and has a bit of sturdiness to it is amazing. The gearbox is fantastic considering it comes from the pre-Porsche era and doesn't make use of something 100% reliable (for example Didumos's 90 degree stepper mechanism). It works every time and have not encountered any problems despite using one worn out rubber band. During the build it often feels like working shifting is a dream that is never bound to happen. I was playing around with it while building and kept thinking to myself that "damn this model probably won't work in the end I'm going to be disappointed", but when it all comes together wow it is ingenious;

The doors are great too, and having build Jurgen Krooshop's Koenigsegg, it is interesting to see how both builders tackled the complex mechanism. The only problem I experienced is that my left door has a lot of friction, but still works. 

I only have a few critiques of this model. First off the lack of HOG is a bit annoying, but makes sense as the model is really dense and has no room. Also would break up the fantastic body lines. Next the front suspension is pretty much maxed out, meaning no travel at all. This doesn't really bother me as it really gives the model a low look like the real thing. Finally, and probably the most annoying, is the instructions. I'm not sure if its the fact that I haven't built in a while, but wow these instructions were really frustrating at times. A lot of modules require forcing and bending in order to make them fit resulting in two broken pins for me. This could have been avoided if they simply placed a few pieces in before hand, but instead the builder is required to do a lot of wrestling with the car to make stuff fit. I particularly found the rear axle and doors really difficult to fit on, but there were quite a few areas where you really have to use force, which was always worrying as I didn't want to break any drivetrain stuff

Overall though, what a fantastic supercar. Definitely staying on my shelf and highly recommend building it to anyone interested. For people struggling to find rare white pieces, black is a viable option IMO. Most of the pieces aren't too hard to find, just need about 13 of those rare black bushes, and around 50 3L black pins to make the body look better. Also easy to substitute the 14L axles with 12L and a connector. If anyone wants the Rebrickable parts file for the black color scheme or has any questions, feel free to ask

I like the colour scheme, black on orange may have popped even more!

The instructions did have some pieces in the wrong order resulting in problematic assembly.  I had built another super car just before that which had similar issues so I was able to make it work without much problems by changing the order of pieces.

I do agree that the paddle shifter was an accomplishment, unfortunately for me one side doesn't work.  I had no inclination to take it all apart to try and fix it though.

23 hours ago, Rishab N said:

That car look amazing! Great work on the color combo.

@Rishab N: Your black version with yellow accents and wheels looks is mindblowing :wub: :thumbup:! I still admire the excelently designed shifting mechanism and the moving fake padels from @Pvdb. I really hope he won´t grieve to long about the theft of his design by a bootleg company and one day come back with something similar to this amazing car. Btw it´s good to know from reviews of the cheap rip-off that their gearbox doesn´t work due to the bad quality of the mechanical parts.

Sorry for posting here, but I am totaly confused, I really want to build this car. But where do I get the parts list and instructions? Do not know how anything works, sorry for asking here.

The car looks so amazing <3

@marci95 You can get both the parts list and instructions at rebrickable.com, and you can buy parts at Bricklink.com.

I'm in the process of building this model.

I fixed the issue with the sagging front suspension by replacing the 'soft' yellow springs with the 'harder' red ones (Lego part number 731c04). Now the front stands up properly and works a treat.

I also found that the steering linkage was a bit stiff, so replaced the black Link 1x6 Without Stoppers arms with grey ones, and these move a lot freer.

The shifting mechanism for the gearbox moves but fails to engage properly. Apologies if this has already been asked but, has anyone delved into it further to see if it can be made to operate better by swapping out parts?

1 hour ago, JROB1975 said:

I'm in the process of building this model.

I fixed the issue with the sagging front suspension by replacing the 'soft' yellow springs with the 'harder' red ones (Lego part number 731c04). Now the front stands up properly and works a treat.

I also found that the steering linkage was a bit stiff, so replaced the black Link 1x6 Without Stoppers arms with grey ones, and these move a lot freer.

The shifting mechanism for the gearbox moves but fails to engage properly. Apologies if this has already been asked but, has anyone delved into it further to see if it can be made to operate better by swapping out parts?

The yellow springs are not soft, they are hard springs like the red ones so I'm not sure you actually improved the front suspension.

The shifting mechanism can be problematic.  Some have had no issues while others have had issues.  I can offer no help here except to say if you want a reliable mechanism, you will likely have to redesign it. 

Have you put the driving rings on the smooth connectors correctly? You can put them one of two ways. One has quite a bit more friction. Put it on, then remove it and rotate it 90°. If it’s smoother, great, if not rotate it 90° again and it will be smooth. This is because the smooth axle connectors have a roundish side and a flat side, and the driving rings have little notches that make it click on ridgded connectors. What you want is to have the notches on the flat side. That way they barely/don’t touch the axle connector and it should work better. 

By the way, regarding the shocks, I think you might have used newer shocks which are stiffer :wink: 

30 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

The yellow springs are not soft, they are hard springs like the red ones so I'm not sure you actually improved the front suspension.

The shifting mechanism can be problematic.  Some have had no issues while others have had issues.  I can offer no help here except to say if you want a reliable mechanism, you will likely have to redesign it. 

The front end was dragging along the floor with the supplied yellow springs/shocks correctly fitted and had zero suspension travel Swapping them for red ones from my Porsche resulted in the car riding as it should. The red ones from the [Decool] Porsche have a greater amount of compression resistance.

The yellow ones I put on my Porsche, and the front ended sagged.

Comparing images of hard and normal shocks, the yellow's that I received do not have as much spring material in them. Replacement harder shocks to be ordered from Bricklink.

Re the shifting mechanism, I may revisit it in the future when time permits but as the set will almost certainly be a shelf display, I'll probably not bother :)