How on earth can the blue pin on page 151, step 115, sub step 1 be inserted into the main frame????

That is an error. That part should be added on page 71 !! but you should be able to get it in with some gentle manipulation.

I am noting the errors.

That is an error. That part should be added on page 71 !! but you should be able to get it in with some gentle manipulation.

I am noting the errors.

I'm still building (I've very few spare time lately)... Your (awesome) model requires "gentle manipulation" during a lot of steps...!

Definitely not so straight forward as TLG official sets are... But it's full of details and perfectly fit curves.

I'm only experiencing some minor flaws in the mechanics, especially in the gearshifting system...

Upshifting (right paddle, the one wit the two black gears) is a little bulky, the elastic band seems to be insufficient to bring the red Bionicle 1x3 tooth back in place... And it needs some help...

Any clue?

I'm thinking about rebuilding the whole front part... But It's going to be a very long and complex process...!

Edited by Rikus

I am noting the errors.

I actually left the part out because the frame was very solid on both sides so there was no way to bend things like in other areas. It would have required too many things to be removed to be installed, or too many things last night.....

Incredible car! Great that there are buildplans for it.

I wanted to build it, so bougt the plans @ mocplans, but mocplans is horrible!

There is no download available just a crappy Flash player powered building instructions viewer, which makes building anything a horrible experience.

So sadly enough I give up on build this beautiful model.

Don't despair with Mocplans/Flash the instructions can be downloaded as PDF's.

Apparently there are programs out there that enable this to be done - don't want to go into specifics but I know an IT expert who did just this for me - I have just completed the Koenigsegg One:1 using the PDF version - so much easier.

My IT guy was able to download all the plans I had purchased on mobplans as PDF's for my files. :-)

PS Feedback on the K one:1 Not for inexperienced builders I rate it 11/10 for difficulty however a joy to behold when completed.

Edited by OneMoreRobot

I agree, it is an amazing looking model when complete. I would also like to have a set of pdf so I don't need to rely on mocplans and have it in my own records.

Don't despair with Mocplans/Flash the instructions can be downloaded as PDF's.

Apparently there are programs out there that enable this to be done - don't want to go into specifics but I know an IT expert who did just this for me - I have just completed the Koenigsegg One:1 using the PDF version - so much easier.

My IT guy was able to download all the plans I had purchased on mobplans as PDF's for my files. :-)

Heh, this makes the main idea behind Mocplans useless. :sadnew:

Having built this now, I just realized that I didn't use the rare 7L black axles...

Did I miss something in the instructions?

They are supposed to be used in the rear spoiler, in the upper fixing arms that link the spoiler to the rear window

71f7a3f9gw1f3tsloq73uj20zk0qoguy.jpg

Currently on this stage.

One question.

Are front wheels lower than rear wheels horizontally? Is it normal?

Is that what you meant ? I mean, the front wheel seems to sit fairly low (under the base of the chassis) as the front shocks are very compressed...but at step 69, this weight only 430g, which is nowhere near the weight of the completed assembly.

1c8f5c3d-018a-4600-9cc2-fdbb8857153b.jpg

Note : so far I'm missing only 4 parts belonging to the rear suspension...those are stuck somewhere due to ongoing strikes somewhere in france...joy oh joy...

Edited by charlesw

I agree, one could argue that the front shocks are too compressed, This was a slight compromise I made in the design of the suspension set up. However, in terms of looks and how the car finally rests I was happy with the end result.

Interesting about PDFs from MOCplans.

That's not an issue to me. In the future, I may swap those for softer ones, but I'm not quite sure it will make any difference at all. Furthermore, I may also swap some of the gearbox components by the new ones only found in 42056, to lessen the actuation force required and make them a tad smoother.

Yes. New gearbox part should fit as you see I used some spacers already. To ensure the older red parts slide easily you need to make sure the axle joiners are lined up inside so that the flatter edge slides over the little catches on the red gear selector parts

Just finished, finally!

The car is really awesome, with very nice curves and many details.

Surely one of the best models I ever built... But one of the more complex and difficult, too!

Many steps are really challenging and there is quite no "straight" building.

I only found some minor flaws:

1) The gearshifting mechanism doesn't work perfectly... Probably my fault: I did not align the red gear selectors in the right way (as PvdB stated before)... But adding a second elastic blue band solved it (partially)

2) Front suspension are always compressed nearly to limit (due to the model weight), maybe I'll try to modify them..

3) The engine cover mechanism is not so easy to operate (it needs both the gears on the two sides to be turned together, otherwise it jams)

Overall, anyway, the model is really superb... It pushes Technic supercars building to a new level.

Just finished, finally!

The car is really awesome, with very nice curves and many details.

Surely one of the best models I ever built... But one of the more complex and difficult, too!

Many steps are really challenging and there is quite no "straight" building.

I only found some minor flaws:

1) The gearshifting mechanism doesn't work perfectly... Probably my fault: I did not align the red gear selectors in the right way (as PvdB stated before)... But adding a second elastic blue band solved it (partially)

2) Front suspension are always compressed nearly to limit (due to the model weight), maybe I'll try to modify them..

3) The engine cover mechanism is not so easy to operate (it needs both the gears on the two sides to be turned together, otherwise it jams)

Overall, anyway, the model is really superb... It pushes Technic supercars building to a new level.

Thanks Rikus, nice to hear you enjoyed building it.

As for your comments, yes it is surprisingly important to get the red gear selector alignment correct on the axle joiner. The front suspension is compressed I agree, this is a compromise I took in order to keep this suspension set up in order to approximate the front suspension set up in the real car. As for the rear engine cover, it is quite heavy so to lift with just one gear knob resulted in the back being raised unevenly (due to gear backlash). The two gear knob solution seemed to work much better (even though as you rightly say adds a slight complexity to operation) so that's what I went for.

I would also have liked the doors to open a bit faster, but strangely my kids seemed to like them as they are. I guess it keeps them engaged longer.

Edited by Pvdb

Thanks Rikus, nice to hear you enjoyed building it.

As for your comments, yes it is surprisingly important to get the red gear selector alignment correct on the axle joiner. The front suspension is compressed I agree, this is a compromise I took in order to keep this suspension set up in order to approximate the front suspension set up in the real car. As for the rear engine cover, it is quite heavy so to lift with just one gear knob resulted in the back being raised unevenly (due to gear backlash). The two gear knob solution seemed to work much better (even though as you rightly say adds a slight complexity to operation) so that's what I went for.

I would also have liked the doors to open a bit faster, but strangely my kids seemed to like them as they are. I guess it keeps them engaged longer.

Thank you for creating and sharing this model!

I forget to say it's incredibly sturdy...! A very strong chassis and very solid bodywork, too.

I'll try to dismantle and re-align the two gearshifter rings (unfortunately I mounted them both wrong...), but this won't be easy!

About front suspensions, I partially agree, maybe a stiffer setup could be achieved through using a longer leverage to operate them... I'll try it in the next future.

Regarding the engine cover, I think much of the difficulty in operating it is related to the fact that you built two separate and specular mechanisms to move it, causing the user to turn the two knob in the opposite direction (both clockwise or counterclockwise... But being on the opposite sides of the car, the result is an "apparent" opposing movement).

Maybe adding a gear on one side or "mirroring" one of the two mechanism could allow for a simpler usage.

Thanks again for this beauty, anyway.

Totally agree, this is an amazing MOC, and yes the gearbox is sort of hard to set up properly...but so is the one found on 42056 (for exactly the same reason, I guess)...Pvdb should definitely apply to TLC :laugh:

Edited by charlesw

Here's mine (in somewhat dreadful lighting) :

0eeb26e2-cd36-4c53-94b6-514cc589e72c.jpg

c64f2baa-48ee-41ca-900d-6267e014c1d4.jpg

0054fd3e-9456-47f9-906c-c364af345ab1.jpg

The car itself is quite heavy (much more than I expected), and all the concerns about the front suspension are somewhat irrelevant as the front end do sit quite low.

The gearbox still need some tuning, as is seems affected by the weight of the model. On the barebone chassis, it was working absolutely fine, but by adding the rest of the car...and you need to lift the front end to make it shift properly (I should re-ajust the gearbox to work when the car is standing on its own wheels).

Overall, this is a great MOC, the build experience is somewhat intricate and you sometime need to disassemble some pieces to fit a new one, but nothing that can be achieved with a little method and care.

The only drawback I can see is that it might make the Porsche 911 GT3 RS look a tad dull.

Thanks again for this amazing MOC :classic:

Edited by charlesw

Simply incredible! My favourite car, and the looks are stunning! Far better than my attempt from a few months back:

post-161285-0-11388500-1465143305_thumb.jpg

Umm... yeah. To be fair, I had only been building with TECHNIC/MINDSTORMS for two years, so what do you expect? The only good thing about it is that it had a top speed of 10mph and did 0-6mph in 2.7 seconds.

Hy everybody.

I promised to build a motorized version of this beauty. And what can I say, ;) I did it! I am done with like 95% of the car. Just some little adjustments and fine tuning. But i wasn't satisfied with only steering and driving, so i added some nice features ;)

What functions would you like to have motorized?

Did anyone else tried to make it better?

I will post pics in a new thread very soon.

Hy everybody.

I promised to build a motorized version of this beauty. And what can I say, ;) I did it! I am done with like 95% of the car. Just some little adjustments and fine tuning. But i wasn't satisfied with only steering and driving, so i added some nice features ;)

What functions would you like to have motorized?

Did anyone else tried to make it better?

I will post pics in a new thread very soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of this. I'm very amazed at how accurate the build looks to the original car. The curves and lines are so sexy.

Hi folks LEPIN has stole this model and paid instructions...I don't know what can be done about it :-/

Edited by charlesw

1 hour ago, charlesw said:

I don't know what can be done about it :-/

Best thing we can do is not to give them free publicity by talking about it. Lego is very well aware of them, and is working on it.

Furthermore, EB rules forbid discussion about these brands.